Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

Bigwormgraphix

Old 12-31-2023, 10:11 AM   #1
Camarobum22ZL1

Drives: Camaro ZL1
Strut tower covers

Has any one installed these on 2022 ZL1. Purchased from RPI, Does the plastic cap, cover need to be removed from center? And what’s the best way to remove? Didn’t want to destroy it.
Camarobum22ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2023, 01:51 PM   #2
TRUEOGRE2SS

Drives: 2024 2SS Camaro Nitro Yellow Met.
Billet Strut Towers Covers

I had a set on my 2019 2SS, The dust cap just pops out with a small flat head screw driver or thin trim removal tool, after you remove dust cap, you'll see the threaded end of the strut, just thread the included 2 inch threaded adapter onto it, then after you do that just set the strut tower cover over the strut tower, then tighten down with supplied bolt and washer, after that just push down your cap top with rubber o-ring into cover body groove, and your done!!
Attached Images

TRUEOGRE2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2023, 02:02 PM   #3
Camarobum22ZL1

�� Awesome, appreciate the reply. I thought maybe they shipped the wrong ones, they don’t match the covers on website that I thought I’d get. Received the polished ones your style.
Like your fluid cap covers.
Old 12-31-2023, 03:24 PM   #4
TRUEOGRE2SS

Drives: 2024 2SS Camaro Nitro Yellow Met.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarobum22ZL1 View Post
�� Awesome, appreciate the reply. I thought maybe they shipped the wrong ones, they don’t match the covers on website that I thought I’d get. Received the polished ones your style.
Like your fluid cap covers.

No problem, like I said, It's a really easy install , literally pop dust cap off, thread long adapter onto top of strut thread, put cover body on strut tower install and tighten bolt, install cap, dunzo!

I got those fluid cover from American Brothers Design, you can get them color matched to your vehicle also get the logo letters with color (added cost) or just engraved, they take a month to get done, so be patient if you get them.

I traded that car in for new 2024 Nitro Yellow Metallic 2 SS, I plan on getting matched fluid covers for this car as well.
TRUEOGRE2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2024, 12:12 PM   #5
Camarobum22ZL1

That was an easy install, didn’t realize the plastic caps came off that easy. Thanks again
Attached Images