Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 01-16-2022, 06:00 AM   #1
sunsetcycle

Drives: 2021 LT1 SS Camaro
2021 LT1 6 manual Revving after Car wash by itself

800 miles on car, garage kept, Never seen rain or even a wet road
It is a Little sluggish from idle, I have to gas it first, if I really want to go
The biggest issue right now is
After taking it through a Quality car wash, And ONLY after a car wash
It will rev up to 2500 by itself when I push in the clutch to slow down or stop
I took it to the Purchased dealer. YESTERDAY (I picked it back up)
They ran OBD came back clean even for Hesitation
They Refused! To run it through their car wash claiming, Liability issues
I would Not have Driven over an hour to Jeff Gordon Chevrolet in Wilmington NC After I told them this!
Never mind have someone follow me
Anyway I noticed a very loose electrical connector on the MAF that has a Factory installed Zip Tie on it (classy) right Under the Hood vent
I am betting this is the issue, Before I do anything
I would like to know If Anyone has had similar issues with revving issues after a car wash or rain on a STOCK, 2020 or 2021 SS non ZL1?
My solution will be to heat shrink the entire connector for those who are curious
Thank you all, for your input and Hope you all cruise well!
sunsetcycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 07:02 AM   #2
02blackss

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Convertible
I have a 2021 LT1 6 Speed that sits outside it's whole life. I got it in March of last year and have not had that issue you speak of. Been through many rainstorms but I have never ran it through a car wash, only hand wash in the driveway.

Jason
02blackss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 09:47 AM   #3
Need4Camaro

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS & '99 Camaro Z28
Haven’t had it happen but I will say that bad MAF readings will cause alot of WTF issues with cars. I have to troubleshoot a brand new MAF not long ago which I thought was good but turned out to be faulty and caused a bunch of issues.
Need4Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 10:46 AM   #4
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
I have not had this issue.

I'm chiming in because I wonder what you mean by loose connector. Was the connector not fully mated? If it has a locking tab or snap and that wasn't engaged, then of course the moisture seal in the connector is not working. So maybe letting it dry out and then mating it fully will be enough to prevent a recurrence. There would be no need to shrink wrap. I have found that modern connectors used throughout the car are quite adequate to protect against moisture.

As for zip ties, they are classy! You will find them used extensively in aerospace cable routing as well as in cars.
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 10:58 AM   #5
2004YZFR1

Drives: 2020 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe 2SS 1LE
Is the rev match on or off when this happens?
2004YZFR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 06:50 PM   #6
DorsoDuroJohn

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1
2021 LT1 here, zero issues of this kind. good luck
DorsoDuroJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 09:17 PM   #7
ctrlz

Drives: 2017 2SS, 50th pkg, M6, MRC, NPP
The connectors typically have a silicone gasket to prevent water intrusion. Even if the wire is floppy I bet the electrical contacts are dry. I would start by checking the air filter. Maybe a hole letting water droplets in or maybe getting saturated at the car wash. Also check throttle body connections. You might want to hook up a scan tool and see what throttle position is doing when you go through the wash. Also see if floor is getting wet near accelerator pedal. This sounds like an accelerator or throttle sensor issue.

Oh yeah... sluggish from idle... would bet accelerator pedal problem.
ctrlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 10:54 PM   #8
TXCSSU
Account Suspended

Drives: 2022 ZL1 M6/Nissan Leaf
I've only taken my SS Sedan through an automatic car wash 3 times in 6 years. Once when I tore my Achilles heel and couldn't wash it by hand, and just lately trying to get it quickly clean for a local appraiser. Aside from those brushes being murder on the clearcoat, you have the brushes whipping around at such high speeds that other things can happen.

As for the rev, you're pushing the clutch in at the end or beginning of the wash? If it's at the end of the wash, is the belt still pushing the car forward?
TXCSSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 09:17 AM   #9
Spaceme1117

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS, 2011 Corvette GS
Check your intake track hoses and clamps from the filter to the throttle body. Would surprise me if you have a vacuum leak somewhere. Check your electrical connections like you did for the MAF.

While you are checking things, disconnect your battery for 30 minutes and then reconnect to reset the ECU’s adjustments.
Spaceme1117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 12:32 PM   #10
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Drives: A Tricked Out Mountain Bike
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2004YZFR1 View Post
Is the rev match on or off when this happens?
Going with this one.....

Sounds like RM to me too. Easy to bump it and I think it resets every start up. I don't use it because I do not need a "Dude in Detroit"
(it's a "Seoul Brother" if you own a Hyundai or Kia) to do it for me, but sometimes I accidently bump the paddles.
Old 01-17-2022, 03:04 PM   #11
LT1ornothing

Drives: 2020 LT1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 imp View Post
Going with this one.....

Sounds like RM to me too. Easy to bump it and I think it resets every start up. I don't use it because I do not need a "Dude in Detroit"
(it's a "Seoul Brother" if you own a Hyundai or Kia) to do it for me, but sometimes I accidently bump the paddles.
I love rev match, after so many years of watching automatics improve and get new features, its nice to have a newish useful feature on a manual transmission for a change. No lift shift as well.
LT1ornothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 07:02 PM   #12
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Drives: A Tricked Out Mountain Bike
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LEornothing View Post
I love rev match, after so many years of watching automatics improve and get new features, its nice to have a newish useful feature on a manual transmission for a change. No lift shift as well.
It's a cool feature on the A10. All the manual trannies I've ever owned have had RM starting with my 69 Datsun 510.
Old 01-19-2022, 12:36 AM   #13
Nilly Welson

Drives: Camaro Super Sport, Six on the Stik
No
Nilly Welson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 09:59 AM   #14
FlukeSS

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS A10
Quote:
They Refused! To run it through their car wash claiming, Liability issues
After everything you stated this right here tells me it was an electrical issue that spawned due to moisture of some kind getting into somewhere it shouldn't.

They knew it was electrical but probably didn't know what was causing it, and as we all know electrical issues can be expensive af.

I won't speculate on what it could be I'm not that good. Leave it to the rest for that.
FlukeSS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
known electrical leak issues, revving issues, water issues