Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Phastek Performance

Old 02-21-2018, 01:16 PM   #15
burnningice

Drives: 2016 SS Mosaic Black
Yea now I'm thinking about that too.
burnningice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 01:25 PM   #16
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
I'm not sure about the tach but I will be willing to bet you that know way in hell did they contact GM again about that wheel due to the fact they already damaged 2 of them right in their own shop. They are probably BSing you on that one. Sounds like you have more of bad dealer issue than anything else.
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 01:42 PM   #17
burnningice

I'm hoping that's the case. I want GM to know the cheap that some of their dealers do to their customers. They were happy to take my money for payment of the car but that's when caring stops.

I feel like the tech that damaged the first wheel was being vindictive when he installed the wheel last time. He acted surprised that he could have damaged the wheel. Powdercoat is extremely hard to damage. That's why it's used on wheels. You practically need a grinder to remove it if it's applied correctly.
Old 02-21-2018, 01:44 PM   #18
HyperspaceTurd

Drives: 17 1SS 6MT, 09 Tacoma TRD Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7WSM View Post
Totally wrong way of doing this.

No matter what, give them the highest score and in the notes of the survey list the issues of what you have. I can guarantee you 100% you will get a better chance of the dealership bending over backwards to help you, then you smoking them on a survey.

Yes there is money tied to this, there are also jobs tied to this as well. It's all about how you approach things is how you are going to get treated. It's basically just like the Gold Rule.
So WTF is the point of survey's then? Just so you can blow smoke up the dealer's ass and insure nobody's feelings get hurt?

Bad service deserves to be exposed, and if they don't correct it, they should lose their jobs.

It burns me up I can't trust any dealership near me to touch my car, it's sad but it's a fact, at least around here, they are ALL incompetent.

Good luck dudes, I count myself lucky I have a good indie mechanic.
HyperspaceTurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 03:37 PM   #19
7WSM

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperspaceTurd View Post
So WTF is the point of survey's then? Just so you can blow smoke up the dealer's ass and insure nobody's feelings get hurt?

Bad service deserves to be exposed, and if they don't correct it, they should lose their jobs.

It burns me up I can't trust any dealership near me to touch my car, it's sad but it's a fact, at least around here, they are ALL incompetent.

Good luck dudes, I count myself lucky I have a good indie mechanic.
Most if not all of us that work with the survey system is pointless. A lot of contention on do they really do any good or bad. I personally can not stand the system. It's old and way outdated. GM and all the other manufacturers should use other metrics such as customer retention to better determine their analytics on how well a dealership is ran. These surveys are a pass or fail. Top scores only count, "very satisfied" is a fail. Basically 100% or your fired. Usually the turn over is really high at most dealerships because of this.
7WSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 03:43 PM   #20
L99BEN

Drives: 2023 BMW M4 Competition
Sucks what happened with your wheel but the title of this thread is pretty much "clickbate".

Past:
2022 Tesla S Plaid
2020 Shelby GT500 sold
2019 Hellcat Redeye-traded for new GT500
2019 ZL1 A10 - sold (meh)
2019 Tesla M3P
2016 Hellcat Challenger - A8 sold but never forgotten
2016 Camaro 2SS M6
2014 Mustang GT A6
2012 Mustang GT M6 "brembo" 3.73/FBO
2012 Camaro SS L99 (Wife's)
- slow
L99BEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 03:43 PM   #21
burnningice

At my retail job we have the same survey system. If you get less than a 9 you fail. Customer may even say great service and give you an 8 but you failed.
Old 02-21-2018, 04:58 PM   #22
Printman

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Honestly after they screwed up the second time I would have gone to another dealership. They obviously do not know what they are doing from the service manager to the techs.
Printman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 05:10 PM   #23
jeverton

Drives: 2017 Camaro 50th Anniversary 2SS
Maybe it's time to blast this on social media and contact the local news agency to draw attention + a conversation with the GM might be worth a try before going down this road.
jeverton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 05:10 PM   #24
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by L99BEN View Post
Sucks what happened with your wheel but the title of this thread is pretty much "clickbate".
...and posted in the wrong section.
Old 02-21-2018, 05:10 PM   #25
kttxz06

Drives: '18 Zl1. '18 GT350.
Quote:
Totally wrong way of doing this.

No matter what, give them the highest score and in the notes of the survey list the issues of what you have. I can guarantee you 100% you will get a better chance of the dealership bending over backwards to help you, then you smoking them on a survey.

Yes there is money tied to this, there are also jobs tied to this as well. It's all about how you approach things is how you are going to get treated. It's basically just like the Gold Rule.

Wrong. You blow them up. That is what those satisfaction surveys are for. Point example. I used to buy ALL of my Chevy's from Mac Haik here in Houston. I bought my '14 Zl1, 17 Silverado, and '16 Z06 from them. Well, when it came time to buy my '18 Zl1, they along with Westside Chevy had the only Gray Zl1's in town. Mac Haik wanted $71k for their, Westside $68k. Same car. Same options. Anyhow, I bought at Westside, with my discount and Westside through in some cash and free tint, walked out $59k OTD. I blasted Mac Haik online. They continue to email me wanting my business back and I was a dead loyal customer to them. They wouldn't budge off their $71k sticker. I said, fuk off. I'm finally going to go somewhere else. Anyhow, this is a Billion $ industry. You put them on blast when you can.
Old 02-21-2018, 05:13 PM   #26
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeverton View Post
Maybe it's time to blast this on social media and contact the local news agency to draw attention + a conversation with the GM might be worth a try before going down this road.
It won't do any good. All the car manufacturers are so far in cahoots with JD power, all chasing the big "number one for the year" that the system is totally perverted. A lot of "it should" and other Pius platitudes isn't going to work. I managed BMW and Porsche CSI system for several years on the corporate side and the whole system is total crap. There are so many ways for the dealer can manipulate the score, it's lost all meaning. Easy to bury your survey when you truly blast them, like all zeros. No manufacture cares to hear from the customer about how to change the system. They all just chasing that number one trophy that Lexus seems to get every year and blast all over the media that they won.

Buta dealer does like a good score. So before you blast them -if this is a dealer you want to work with-, go in to the service manager, tell him you got the survey and you want to give them a good score, but you can't. I guarantee you he'll try and work it out with you. If he doesn't find another dealership, there are jerks out there.

Last edited by Glen e; 02-21-2018 at 06:01 PM.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 05:42 PM   #27
Finkleson

Drives: 16 2ss, NPP, MRC, Sunroof, Grey A8
I've had my dealership call back, after giving them a bad rating. Took my car for a rear differential fluid change for the groaning cold start turn ( still there btw ). Appointment was made 11:20am, sat in their waiting room till 6pm. Only to hear my car 30minute prior to closing. Never went back to them. So yes doing those Survey does impact them a lot.
Finkleson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 05:44 PM   #28
KirkH

Drives: 2016 2SS M6 Mosaic Blk Met-SOLD
Quote:
Most if not all of us that work with the survey system is pointless. A lot of contention on do they really do any good or bad. I personally can not stand the system. It's old and way outdated. GM and all the other manufacturers should use other metrics such as customer retention to better determine their analytics on how well a dealership is ran. These surveys are a pass or fail. Top scores only count, "very satisfied" is a fail. Basically 100% or your fired. Usually the turn over is really high at most dealerships because of this.
This.

My dealer told me that on the survey, only the top score counted. Anything else they did not get credit for.
KirkH is offline   Reply With Quote