Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Phastek Performance

Old 02-21-2018, 08:35 AM   #1
burnningice

Drives: 2016 SS Mosaic Black
Warranty Denied

I have always been a GM fan. Even when their quality standards dropped. I have owned over 30 cars in my life and over half have been GM. Because of my recent problems with my Camaro, I will no longer support GM.

Let me tell you the problems that I've had with my local dealer. I have a 2016 1ss mosaic black with premium wheel option (black w/red stripe) I took my car into the dealership to get my oil changed and my MIL was on. It was a catalytic converter code. They cleared the code. It came back a week later so they replaced the cat. I was told that it had failed because of my "aftermarket air filter" I drove home and opened up my air box. Printed on the filter was "GM" I was furious that the warranty guy made me feel like an ass and some how it was my fault.

Next oil change I took my car to the dealer and mentioned that one of the spokes on my rear wheels was not the same color as the rest of the wheels and asked if that'd be covered by warranty. He said yes and ordered me a new wheel. Two weeks later the 1st wheel came in and they installed it. The technician forgot to install the center cap and chipped the paint on the wheel. (about 1/4" square) The service writer ordered me another wheel. Two weeks later they install the 2nd wheel came in. They said that their machine destroyed the rim. They order me a 3rd wheel. They install the new wheel without scratching the wheel but the finish is satin black and not gloss black. I'm done at this point and decide to live with it. I took the wheels off to install new brake pads because the factory ones dust really bad. The technician tightend the wheel that he do so hard that I had to have a 6ft cheater bar to remove my lug nuts. I'm surprised he didn't break the studs off.

Fast forward to 6 month later. (still less than 8k miles) I am washing my car and notice the clear coat on the 3rd wheel is cracking really bad. (only on the wheel they replaced) I take it to the dealership (new service writer) and they take pictures and say they'll send them to GM to see what they say. I check back with them every 4 days. They say they'll call me later that evening but never do. After 2 weeks I get a text from the dealership stating that GM will not pay for the new wheel. They give me no reason. Just that the claim is denied.

Now I have a issue with my Tach not working at times. I don't want to go to the dealer because my claim will be denied for some reason or another. When you buy a new car you will loose your butt on depreciation I understand that, but you shouldn't have to fight to get your purchase taken care of.

Due to my problems, I will never own another GM product.

My dealership info is
CHEVROLET BUICK CADILLAC OF MURFREESBORO
960 John R Rice Blvd
Murfreesboro, TN 37129
Service advisor
Anna Williams
VIN
1G1FE1R78G0164293

I would love for someone from GM to contact me about this and make this right.
Attached Images

burnningice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 08:41 AM   #2
lokitwitch04

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 2SS
You need to find a better dealership! I had to do the same thing. The dealership I bought the car from cant find their ass, let alone fix a car. I asked around and found a better dealership. I also made the new dealership aware of my issues at the other dealer and they take care of me.
lokitwitch04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 08:54 AM   #3
burnningice

I may have to do that. I'm trying to get into contact with GM directly. I want them to know what kind of shit companies are representing them.
Old 02-21-2018, 09:02 AM   #4
Need4Camaro

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS & '99 Camaro Z28
If you get an online survey, just blow up on them and fail them...trust me...those are VERY important to them, they will suck up to you fairly quickly.
Need4Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 09:05 AM   #5
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
Ouch have you tried a different dealership I would contact GM directly and open a case with them screw the dealership.
Old 02-21-2018, 09:08 AM   #6
burnningice

I have not tried another dealership yet. I am not sure if I will get a survey because they never took me in as an appointment.
Old 02-21-2018, 10:20 AM   #7
KirkH

Drives: 2016 2SS M6 Mosaic Blk Met-SOLD
Go to another dealership. I had a wheel warranty issue. My local dealership denied it and wanted to charge me $635 for a new OEM wheel. I went to a dealer 25 miles away and they happily gave me a new wheel, covered under warranty.
KirkH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 10:27 AM   #8
craigss50

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS Fifty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
If you get an online survey, just blow up on them and fail them...trust me...those are VERY important to them, they will suck up to you fairly quickly.
No they won't. They don't want customers that give them bad surveys. I did this once to a Ford dealership within walking distance to my house which was very convenient but they could not correct an issue I was having so I gave them bad marks. When I went back for routine maintenance they told me they would rather I go to a different dealership because of the bad survey. Sucked because I could drop the car off and walk home and back when it was finished.
craigss50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 12:22 PM   #9
STYLO LT1

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS Vert.
Wow! The finish on that wheel is horrible. It almost looks like it was painted with a rattle can. Shame on them for giving you such a hard time.
STYLO LT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 12:36 PM   #10
torqueaddict

Drives: Tesla M3 LR-AWD [Former 1SS owner]
Yeah, find another dealer. Running to another manufacturer isn't going to make a difference. Lurk on other forums and you'll see the same horror stories. Good luck.
torqueaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 12:37 PM   #11
7WSM

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
Totally wrong way of doing this.

No matter what, give them the highest score and in the notes of the survey list the issues of what you have. I can guarantee you 100% you will get a better chance of the dealership bending over backwards to help you, then you smoking them on a survey.

Yes there is money tied to this, there are also jobs tied to this as well. It's all about how you approach things is how you are going to get treated. It's basically just like the Gold Rule.
7WSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 12:44 PM   #12
Thill444

Drives: 2020 SS1LE Shadow Gray Metallic
I would ask for the GM and layout the facts like you have in this post. Tell him you want him to make this right and you would like to give him future business and positive feedback. Just be professional and stick to the facts. Based on all the other issues the dealer should make the defective wheel right for you.
Thill444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 01:08 PM   #13
burnningice

I work in retail and I understand that things go wrong from time to time but I always try to make things right. I am also the owner of overkillautogarage.com and I always take care of our customers. I have had to come out of my own pocket to over deliver on our promises.
Old 02-21-2018, 01:15 PM   #14
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
There's no excuse for that wheel to look like that. Makes me wonder if you truly got a "new" wheel.