Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-09-2018, 07:45 AM   #1
yoyochall

Drives: 2017 Camaro RS
Unhappy 2017 Camaro RS screen went dead + 2 USB Ports

I found one guy who had the same issue here and couldn't find a solution to this.

Please note that the car is brand new, only 3000mi and this never happened since I bought the car, until I came out of the window tint shop... it was working, then few minutes later it went dead for 3 second, came back, then dead since that moment.

I hope that sticky liquid didn't go behind the corner speakers as they push the tint film to stick, I saw a little of it going down there, but I don't think it can hurt...

Especially that it happened to few here, the same problem exactly...

-The screen is dead.
-The buttons of the screen are all dead and not functional.
-The 2 USB ports for Carplay and Android auto are dead.
-The speech recognition feature is dead.
-The bluetooth is dead.

Tried to open the door, close the door, sit outside 5 minutes and turn it on again... Did not work.

Tried the second suggestion that succeed with some of the users here: Disconnect the negative battery for 15 minutes... The radio came back, the volume controller of the steering came back, the FAV buttons working.... Screen is still dead and even if I touch it is still dead, the buttons of it are all dead still, the 2 USB ports are still dead.

Please, please don't tell me this is a hard problem to fix and might open the decor and the dashboard at the dealer for days, I do not want to go there, I ****ing hate going to the dealer.

Any solutions?

Because I can't play anything from my iPhone now to the Bose speakers; which is the only reason why I drive this car at nights... Now it's just parked for work and that's it.
yoyochall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 11:28 AM   #2
torqueaddict

Drives: Tesla M3 LR-AWD [Former 1SS owner]
Although it can be cleaned up, I'd still check the dash / center console area for evidence of water intrusion. It could have just been coincidence and nothing more, but it wouldn't hurt to check.

As far as trying to fix this yourself? I'd take it straight to the dealer. Even if you found some way to get it working again, the fact that happened once means that it can happen again.
torqueaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 05:18 AM   #3
yoyochall

I do believe that it is just a coincidence, especially that it happened to many in this fourm, some disconnected the battery for few minutes and returned to life and some not yet.

I will book an appointment for tomorrow and I really don't want them to open shit deeply and create other new problems.

To be frank, this makes me miss my 2015 Challenger even more, that I lost in an accident and decided to try the Camaro this time.

Will try to update you here.
Old 02-11-2018, 12:39 AM   #4
born-to-fish-

Drives: Fifty 2SS Vert
Had the same problem while vacationing in LA. Took it to the dealer when I got back, turns out it was the infotainment module. Was an easy replacement once the part arrived.
born-to-fish- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 02:36 PM   #5
yoyochall

They will have the car tomorrow.

Hope it's just few hours not days.
Old 02-15-2018, 02:26 AM   #6
protovack

Drives: 2019 2LT 2.0T M6 Riverside Blue
Heard anything yet? I'm kind of interested to see how this turns out.
protovack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 05:08 AM   #7
yoyochall

They said it's the HMI thingy and will be replaced by tomorrow.

Gave me an Impala 2018 replacement. Holy ****ing shit is this car comfortable af... like marshmello comfortable ride. Although kinda ugly from the inside, but I bet the LTZ version could make it a bit nicer and tolerable.

Anyways, tomorrow gonna get my Camaro back and I'm sooooo wishing fixing the HMI did not broke something else, as it always happens to me with dealers, then another appointment then another one andgergrejklagvojr`jpe