Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > USA - Southeast

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-15-2017, 06:42 PM   #1
Egon

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 1LE
Second Points event for Central Carolinas Region SCCA Autocross of 2017

Come join us Sunday March 26th for the second event of our 2017 Autocross schedule for the Central Carolinas Region SCCA. We provide the cones for you to hit, helmets if you do not already have one (Snell SA/M 2005 or newer if you are bringing your own) and driving instructors for novices. Just bring yourself, a valid driver's license and an eligible vehicle in good working order to:

zMax Dragway
6570 Bruton Smith Blvd
Concord NC 28027

SCHEDULE

Gates Open: 6:30 AM
Late Registration: 9:45 AM - 10:00 AM - $5.00 Late Registration Fee
Tech Inspection: 7:00 AM - 10:00 AM
Novice Walks: 8:00 AM, 8:45 AM, 9:30 AM
Novice Meeting: 10:15 AM
Drivers Meeting: 10:30 AM
First Car Out: 11:00 AM

EVENT FEES

SCCA Members: $50.00
Non-Members: $65.00

There is an extra $5.00 on site registration fee if you did not pre-register.
We will NOT be taking online payments.
We will be accepting Cash, Credit Card and PayPal payments on-site.

REGISTRATION

http://www.motorsportreg.com/events/...rolinas-414994

CLASSING

If you have not Autocrossed before or have limited experience please register as a "Novice" class so we can make sure we have enough instructors for everyone. As a novice we are not concerned about your vehicles class, but more about getting you off on the right foot, classing can come later on. In addition novices will get an extra run. (total of 5) You are welcome to register as a novice the entire season if you wish, and the last 4 events of the season we will be running a "Rookie" class and you will have the opportunity to compete for Rookie of the Year honors! If you are an experienced Autocrosser and just wish to register in your normal class for season points here are the default street classes for Camaros.

6th Gen
SS & LT V6 (both non 1LE) F-Street
LT I4T D-Street
1LE V8 A-Street
1LE V6 B-Street
ZL1 TBD

5th Gen
SS (all including 1LE) F-Street
All V6 models D-Street
Z/28 & ZL1 A-Street

These classes assume only modifications in accordance with SCCA Street Class rules. If you have other modifications and are a NON Novice I can help you with your cars classing, just send me a PM.

I hope you can join us, it will be a lot of fun.
Old 03-16-2017, 05:00 AM   #2
blpadge2

Drives: 2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS
Got my registration in already. Looking forward to it.
blpadge2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 11:27 AM   #3
mjk3888
"M1SS1LE"

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Don't think I'll be able to make it this time, but I hope everyone has a great time and the all the Camaro's place well!
Old 03-22-2017, 12:22 PM   #4
Ecchi667

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, 6spd M
I'm unfortunately most likely missing this one, too. I shall be at number 3, though! Also planning on doing the SCCA Track Night event at CMP on April 20th. Michael - reckon you can make that? Would be interesting to see how big a difference there is between the SS and the 1LE on a proper track! I think you get your entry free, right?

There is a slim chance I may still make it this Sunday, but it's looking unlikely at this stage.
Ecchi667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 12:31 PM   #5
mjk3888
"M1SS1LE"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecchi667 View Post
I'm unfortunately most likely missing this one, too. I shall be at number 3, though! Also planning on doing the SCCA Track Night event at CMP on April 20th. Michael - reckon you can make that? Would be interesting to see how big a difference there is between the SS and the 1LE on a proper track! I think you get your entry free, right?

There is a slim chance I may still make it this Sunday, but it's looking unlikely at this stage.
Anything is possible, but with the way work has been going, I would have to guess that I wouldn't be able to take a half day then to get to CMP in time. Been working a lot of overtime!
Old 03-22-2017, 02:13 PM   #6
FNxR3DNECK

You guys better be at the big one at the end of April!!! I will be in town for that one!
Old 03-22-2017, 02:51 PM   #7
mjk3888
"M1SS1LE"

Quote:
Originally Posted by FNxR3DNECK View Post
You guys better be at the big one at the end of April!!! I will be in town for that one!
22-23rd @ ZMAX? I'm thinking odds are good I'll be at that one.
Old 03-22-2017, 04:09 PM   #8
Egon

It's looking like rain is likely, so I may be looking for a codrive in a car that has more tread depth than the worn out Hankooks I have been running for a season and a half. (very little tread depth on the rear with 426 hp is not a winning combination)
Old 03-23-2017, 08:28 AM   #9
FNxR3DNECK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egon View Post
It's looking like rain is likely, so I may be looking for a codrive in a car that has more tread depth than the worn out Hankooks I have been running for a season and a half. (very little tread depth on the rear with 426 hp is not a winning combination)
I would be more than happy to let you co-drive with me if I was down there for this one!
Old 03-24-2017, 08:09 AM   #10
Egon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FNxR3DNECK View Post
I would be more than happy to let you co-drive with me if I was down there for this one!
LOL, I may take you up on that.
Old 03-24-2017, 11:08 PM   #11
Egon

192 registered, with 29 novices! Pray for no rain Sunday.
Old 03-27-2017, 05:53 AM   #12
Ecchi667

How'd it go, guys? Did the rain hold off? I'm looking forward to the next one!

JT, you can run in my SS anytime if you need a car, although my tyres aren't good in the cold or the wet, so it probably won't serve you any better than yours. Always welcome, though!
Old 03-27-2017, 03:03 PM   #13
Egon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecchi667 View Post
How'd it go, guys? Did the rain hold off? I'm looking forward to the next one!

JT, you can run in my SS anytime if you need a car, although my tyres aren't good in the cold or the wet, so it probably won't serve you any better than yours. Always welcome, though!
It was fantastic! The course was really awesome. I ran in the second heat before the rain started. Couldn't quite keep up with the M3 I am always battling against, but as my excuse I do need new tires and he is currently running a new set of Bridgestone RE-71r's. (would it have made the difference, I don't know but it would have closed the gap) I did however beat the Boss 302 that beat me at the end of the 2015 season, and I was running competitive times with the guys I hang out with that run in STS with some very fast Miata's.

I appreciate the offer and may take you up on that some day this season. If you keep at this I envision you upgrading to some legit autocross tires like the RE-71r's at some point. Our new sponsor for CCR has some great deals on tires and they just announced they are installing a new state of the art racing alignment system. My second place finish this weekend is pushing me towards getting those tires sooner than later now.

I also got to do an instructor lap for one of our novices in a 2013 Corvette 427 vert. Hell of a car even in the pouring rain with nannies off. (no I didn't spin it)
Old 03-28-2017, 05:43 AM   #14
Ecchi667

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egon View Post
It was fantastic! The course was really awesome. I ran in the second heat before the rain started. Couldn't quite keep up with the M3 I am always battling against, but as my excuse I do need new tires and he is currently running a new set of Bridgestone RE-71r's. (would it have made the difference, I don't know but it would have closed the gap) I did however beat the Boss 302 that beat me at the end of the 2015 season, and I was running competitive times with the guys I hang out with that run in STS with some very fast Miata's.

I appreciate the offer and may take you up on that some day this season. If you keep at this I envision you upgrading to some legit autocross tires like the RE-71r's at some point. Our new sponsor for CCR has some great deals on tires and they just announced they are installing a new state of the art racing alignment system. My second place finish this weekend is pushing me towards getting those tires sooner than later now.

I also got to do an instructor lap for one of our novices in a 2013 Corvette 427 vert. Hell of a car even in the pouring rain with nannies off. (no I didn't spin it)
Sounds great, sorry I missed it! I'd have been bummed if my heat was in the rain, though - I've no problem driving in rain, but it takes the fun out of a timed event I'm sure. Certainly takes the fun away on a track day in my experience, anyway! Then again, it would give me an excuse to just run the whole event sideways...

I'm going to go for some light-weight wheels and grippy tyres at some point. Will *probably* get the fender replaced first. I almost went for the 1LE front and rear sway bars, but am holding off so far - would that be worth doing without any other suspension upgrades do you think? They're only about $160 for a set right now I think.

I may have a co-driver next race. She's the NC champion for figure 8 racing, 2014 and 2015. So...that should be interesting!