Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-19-2016, 09:35 PM   #1
Bigballin228

Drives: 2016 Yellow Camaro SS
AC has stopped working completely!!!

The AC in my 2016 camaro SS has stopped working!! Normally I have my temp set at 70 degrees and manually controlled. I've had the car for about a month now and it stays plenty cool with these settings. Well today the air never cooled down and stayed hot whether it was at 70 degrees or even at itss lowest setting., The fan speed, auto or any other settings didn't help either. I've restarted it multiple times, driven it also, to no avail. Has anyone else had any problems with the AC not working at all?! Plan on taking it to the dealership soon for 600 mile oil change and this problem now.
Bigballin228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 11:28 PM   #2
Mr Pinchy

Drives: 2016 C7, 2016 370Z, Future 1LE
You said everything is running just not cooling correct? Does the A/C Compressor click on when you turn A/C on? Check entire system for leaks. Or it could be a loose belt. Did you check fuses? Should find out soon as you don't want to run the system with no freon because it will damage compressor. Good Luck
Mr Pinchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 12:44 AM   #3
Wiskey

Drives: 2016 Chevy Camaro
I have to say take it to the dealer. I've trouble shot plenty of ac problems on my cars that were 20+ years old, but for a brand new one you can let them figure it out

Sorry to hear of the trouble though, it's a pain taking it in.

Whiskey
Wiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 07:32 AM   #4
Bigballin228

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Pinchy View Post
You said everything is running just not cooling correct? Does the A/C Compressor click on when you turn A/C on? Check entire system for leaks. Or it could be a loose belt. Did you check fuses? Should find out soon as you don't want to run the system with no freon because it will damage compressor. Good Luck
No I didn't see any leaks at all. The system runs but it blows out warm air. So no matter what temp is set to try to cool the car it's blowing warm/hot air. I'll have to check the fuses and listen for AC compressor also. All belts sound normal, and car runs smooth.

I really appreciate the response! Thanks.
Old 04-20-2016, 10:57 AM   #5
Bigballin228

fuses looked good. Im really not sure if the AC compressor comes on or not. its more noticeable in my other vehicles but for this one its not as disriminate. Seems like the tone of the car changes some but nothing definite and sure. Belts tight, engine runs smooth and quiet.
Old 04-20-2016, 06:00 PM   #6
Bigballin228

Taking it in to the dealership in the Mernin..... I'll post updates when it's ready
Old 04-21-2016, 06:49 PM   #7
Bigballin228

Well i dropped it off at the dealership this morning 7:30am.... 70 degrees outside. I knew this would create problems for them attempting to solve because of the cooler weather.

Within a couple of hours received a call back. She stated that the AC worked, it was that I had the vents closed. I replied: Yes I had closed the vents on the driver side so I wouldnt be cold while attempting to deep freeze the whole car with the AC at its lowest setting, to test out the AC before i dropped it off. And since the air was on auto, it was blowing at its highest setting to attempt to get down to the 60 degrees... Well the temp never made it below 74 degrees which is higher than the outside temp, so obviously from my analysis it wasnt up to par. Air felt cool because of the atmosphere, but not COLD. I explained nicely to them that i had spent hours playing with all the vents, buttons and menus attempting to get it to cool off and sweating up a storm in the process. So the simple solutions they stated: the vents were closed and maybe I didnt have the AC button pressed were definitely false.

I asked them to wait until it warmed up to see how the AC cooled then. I even stated that they could simulate a summer temp by running the heat on high and reciculating that, THEN turn on the AC. That way they could truly see the AC not working because it would only be recirculating heat and never cool down and become cold..

At 3:30pm i received a call stating that they had checked the freon, which was good and that the air coming out of the vents was 40 degrees. Ill be going to pick it up and check in the morning. I feel like if its still not working, that ill head to another dealership or contact GM.

What is the proper way to contact GM about an unfixed/unfulfilled service request???
Old 04-22-2016, 02:10 PM   #8
Bigballin228

Well they called yesterday to pick up the car and supposedly the AC was working. I was frustrated at work and spent the night researching and looking up plenty info. Finally decided after work to get a thermometer to see what the air vent temp was on my loaner and old car. Both were around 41-43. Supposedly the AC was working yesterday. I went to pick it up and checked the AC temp and it never got below 86. Showed the shop manager and service girl so they agreed to look at it more......

Just recently got the call. Problem solved!!! Seems like the HVAC control connector had become loose while they installed the illuminated bow tie upgrade weeks ago!!!
Now air acts as normally, immediately become ing cool within the first half minute.
Old 04-22-2016, 02:20 PM   #9
Wiskey

Drives: 2016 Chevy Camaro
Fantastic that they found the problem!!

Whiskey
Wiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 09:47 AM   #10
Sandkillman

Drives: 2016 Procharged camaro ss
Does anyone happen to know where this connector is? I'm having the same problem.
Sandkillman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 07:27 PM   #11
cigarfan

Drives: 16' Camaro 2/SS BlackMosaic A/8 NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandkillman View Post
Does anyone happen to know where this connector is? I'm having the same problem.
No, but rest assured. I will be at my dealer to get it figured it out pron tisemo!
Especially in our sultry SWFL heat/humidity if I had this issue. Get it checked out!!!
cigarfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 06:16 PM   #12
exxit

Drives: 2016 1SS D1SC Methfed Lowered Wrapd
Weird that mine works but it takes forever to get cold on really hot days. I'm talking about "usedcar lot bought car" kinda times to cool down. Yay Chevy is what everyone says as they melt in my ride. I don't care really. It takes 5 mins or more but eventually it gets ice cold
exxit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 04:32 PM   #13
tmannband

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT V6 6 spd
Me too, same problem. Sometimes it blows cold then after awhile it seems to blow at ambient temp. I've shut off and on with no luck. I made appointment with dealer. What a disappointment.

Any idea where that connector might be? I don't see anything obvious.
tmannband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 04:55 PM   #14
bybcous

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 1SS
Does anyone know why auto a/c, the fans blows alot harder than if I was manually adjusting a/c to high? I can get my car freezing withing 2 minutes even on the hottest day with auto but regular a/c mode doesn't seem to get as cold.
Best so far 11.5 at 123 with a 1.83 60ft. BMR lower and upper trailing arms and upper control arms,E85
DELIVERED 12/29/15
http://youtube.com/bybcous " no talking only racing on my youtube"
bybcous is offline   Reply With Quote