Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 07-11-2016, 03:30 PM   #15
mbar

Drives: 2016 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyper16 View Post
Sorry to resurrect this thread but I have searched and read sooo many threads concerning the brake cooling deflectors that my brain is about to explode. However, I did not find a clear answer to my concerns (I could have missed it...there is so much info)

My dealer installed the deflectors when they did the prep. Don't know how I missed it until now considering the car was on a lift to do the exhaust.

I know that technically they should not be installed except for track, but................
Will having them on do any harm ?
Should I remove them ?

Thanks for any input.
Maryland has tons of rain in the summer and enough salty roads in the winter. Having the deflectors installed means you do not have the large splash guard installed behind your rotor. Also these deflectors are sitting low. It's a matter of time until they will hit something and break.
I'm planing to install mine one weeks before my track day (just to be safe if something breaks during installation).
Old 07-11-2016, 03:47 PM   #16
Hyper16
A Heartbeat Away.........

Drives: Not As Fast As I Would Like To
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbar View Post
Maryland has tons of rain in the summer and enough salty roads in the winter. Having the deflectors installed means you do not have the large splash guard installed behind your rotor. Also these deflectors are sitting low. It's a matter of time until they will hit something and break.
I'm planing to install mine one weeks before my track day (just to be safe if something breaks during installation).
I did not know that they had to remove those. (Of course I didn't read the install instructions since I DID NOT GET THEM.)
The splash guards were not in the trunk so I guess I better call and have the dealer order a set. I have an oil change due soon and I will have them return the car to stock. I rarely track so I don't want the deflectors installed. Thanks for the input.
2016 Hyper Blue Metallic 2SS | A8 | MRC | Sunroof | Nav | Mishimoto Catch Can | GM CAI | Hurst Shifter | Borla S-Type Exhaust | Body Color Splash Guards | 1LE Splitter | GM Dark Tail Lights | ZL1 Third Brake Light | Custom Fuel Door, Badges & Bowties | Oracle Side Markers | Blacked Out Stuff | Opti-Coat Pro+

The problem with this world is stupidity.
I'm not saying there should be penalties for stupidity,
but why don't we just take the warning labels off everything and let the problem solve itself.
Hyper16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 04:29 PM   #17
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
It is very important to remove the track deflectors if you aren't tracking the car. Read the owners manual about it. If the dealer installed these then they need to remove them and put the rotor dust shields back on your car. Even the install instructions for the track parts say to remove them after you run on a track. Of course, you never saw the plastic bag with those parts in the trunk. Good luck and be safe.
Old 07-11-2016, 04:41 PM   #18
Hyper16

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT1Greg View Post
It is very important to remove the track deflectors if you aren't tracking the car. Read the owners manual about it. If the dealer installed these then they need to remove them and put the rotor dust shields back on your car. Even the install instructions for the track parts say to remove them after you run on a track. Of course, you never saw the plastic bag with those parts in the trunk. Good luck and be safe.
Going to call tomorrow and make sure they have the dust shields on hand before I go in. Thanks.
2016 Hyper Blue Metallic 2SS | A8 | MRC | Sunroof | Nav | Mishimoto Catch Can | GM CAI | Hurst Shifter | Borla S-Type Exhaust | Body Color Splash Guards | 1LE Splitter | GM Dark Tail Lights | ZL1 Third Brake Light | Custom Fuel Door, Badges & Bowties | Oracle Side Markers | Blacked Out Stuff | Opti-Coat Pro+

but why don't we just take the warning labels off everything and let the problem solve itself.
Old 07-11-2016, 04:47 PM   #19
bryguycbr

Drives: 2016 2SS Nightfall Gray
Send a message via Yahoo to bryguycbr
Track deflector and splash shield document

This is the paper with the components in my trunk, a front license plate bracket was there also, I'm not installing my front plate, Texas law requires a front plate, but I will continue to break the law until required by a citation, my other cars don't have a front plate.IMG_20160711_0001_NEW.pdf

Last edited by bryguycbr; 07-11-2016 at 05:00 PM. Reason: added more info
bryguycbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 04:54 PM   #20
Hyper16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryguycbr View Post
Thanks. That will help when I call.