Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 01-09-2015, 05:27 AM   #29
jsboyce

Drives: 2011 cyber gray SS
Washington auto show is Jan 23rd, could it be poss?
jsboyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 09:44 AM   #30
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q'smuscle View Post
lol... I was thinking more GM cars!
Globally, yes. In the US, no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsboyce View Post
Nope.
Old 01-09-2015, 02:31 PM   #31
snarky
ultracrepidarianism

Drives: '14 1SS/RS/1LE/NPP '18 Accord Sport
I expect a lighter and improved car from a *comfort* angle but being the new alpha platform I am also concerned about what GM did with the new CTS. That bastard is ugly except for the V-sport ( twin turbo and newer LT-4 ) I've looked at many lower end and mid market CTS and I want to puke a little from most angles. Remember how all of the media went uber wet with joy over the new CTS? Yep, and now Caddy has to discount to get rid of them. And they are one of Cadillacs better sellers! Don't make it a world car ( think new Mustang ) being all things to all people. That never works unless you sell 300k per year.
snarky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 02:33 PM   #32
Fenderaddict2
Opinionated bugger!

Drives: Boss 302, Mazda 2, Praga & Intrepid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
It could be anything. A Zora ZR1 mid engine concept, for instance.
Payback for all the recent times Ford has upstaged them. I could see this.

Follow me on forums everywhere as Fenderaddict2 or my kid on the track and Twitter @fastmyles
Fenderaddict2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 03:18 PM   #33
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by snarky View Post
I expect a lighter and improved car from a *comfort* angle but being the new alpha platform I am also concerned about what GM did with the new CTS. That bastard is ugly except for the V-sport ( twin turbo and newer LT-4 ) I've looked at many lower end and mid market CTS and I want to puke a little from most angles. Remember how all of the media went uber wet with joy over the new CTS? Yep, and now Caddy has to discount to get rid of them. And they are one of Cadillacs better sellers! Don't make it a world car ( think new Mustang ) being all things to all people. That never works unless you sell 300k per year.
Considering how most automotive outlets have praised CTS's design I think it's just you.

Also I'm not sure what Cadillac design has to do with Chevrolet design.
Old 01-09-2015, 05:03 PM   #34
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:

The car will be function over form which will mean looks will be comprised! To me and alot of others! When talking about the Camaro or Corvette but we'll see! I'm waiting to laughed!
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 05:05 PM   #35
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenderaddict2 View Post
Payback for all the recent times Ford has upstaged them. I could see this.
Are you talking about the Ford GT?
Old 01-09-2015, 05:13 PM   #36
Fenderaddict2
Opinionated bugger!

Drives: Boss 302, Mazda 2, Praga & Intrepid
Possibly

Follow me on forums everywhere as Fenderaddict2 or my kid on the track and Twitter @fastmyles
Fenderaddict2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 05:14 PM   #37
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenderaddict2 View Post
Possibly
That was for a few years!
Old 01-09-2015, 06:28 PM   #38
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Considering how most automotive outlets have praised CTS's design I think it's just you.

Also I'm not sure what Cadillac design has to do with Chevrolet design.
I think Snarky has a point about CTS sales. While the CTS has been praised by the magazines it is a slow seller. As to looks they are only opinions and just like a nose most of us have one.

The problem with Cadillac is simple. Price. Finally GM is building world class cars but charging prices competitive with the Germans. Most high end buyers they do not want to spend Mercedes $$ for a Cadillac. Not that Mercedes is a better car, but rather what buying a Mercedes says about the buyer. Success. Cachet. Before Cadillac was building 2nd tier luxury cars with 2nd tier prices. It was a mistake I think to try and move up.

Hopefully they can hold the price down with the CA6. It is more important than the weight. And hopefully a 1SS 1LE can remain below $40K and a very nice V6/4 can be very low $30sK. GM, avoid the price bloat. As it is many Camaros are getting out of reach for many.

The economy is booming for some, and there are lots of new jobs. But wages are stagnant while cars prices are spiraling upward.
Old 01-09-2015, 07:26 PM   #39
Posaune

Drives: Four wheels and an engine
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsboyce View Post
We go to the Washington Auto Show every year. No way would they debut the 6th gen there. Hell, last year they didn't have the ATS coupe which had been shown at Detroit. I was pissed.
Posaune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 08:06 PM   #40
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
I think Snarky has a point about CTS sales. While the CTS has been praised by the magazines it is a slow seller. As to looks they are only opinions and just like a nose most of us have one.

The problem with Cadillac is simple. Price. Finally GM is building world class cars but charging prices competitive with the Germans. Most high end buyers they do not want to spend Mercedes $$ for a Cadillac. Not that Mercedes is a better car, but rather what buying a Mercedes says about the buyer. Success. Cachet. Before Cadillac was building 2nd tier luxury cars with 2nd tier prices. It was a mistake I think to try and move up.

Hopefully they can hold the price down with the CA6. It is more important than the weight. And hopefully a 1SS 1LE can remain below $40K and a very nice V6/4 can be very low $30sK. GM, avoid the price bloat. As it is many Camaros are getting out of reach for many.

The economy is booming for some, and there are lots of new jobs. But wages are stagnant while cars prices are spiraling upward.
Yea , I think Cadillac can be at the same price as the German cars but everything takes time and Cadillac charging 6,000 extra than the last model is too much at one time! Now they're selling them with a 3,000 discount!
Old 01-10-2015, 07:59 AM   #41
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
This is the catch 22. If you want to sell 300,000 units you have to make it a global car.

The historically awesome BMW 3/4 series has sold 400,000 units globally. That is huge purchasing power that makes the car that much more profitable.

As for the CTS, go drive one. There is really nothing to complain about other than the styling might not suit you. And that is ok. Me? The only reason I don't have a CTS V-sport right now instead of the SS is nothing more than the $20,000 price difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q'smuscle View Post
The car will be function over form which will mean looks will be comprised! To me and alot of others! When talking about the Camaro or Corvette but we'll see! I'm waiting to laughed!
Sorry, but GM has a lonnngggggg history of putting form over function. The Gen 5 Camaro is the one that is most appropriate for this forum. The old CTS coupe was a joke. The ATS rear seat accommodations are absolutely horrid compared to a 3 Series or A4. I've been in too many of those discussions and watched the styling guys win.
Old 01-10-2015, 09:35 AM   #42
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
This is the catch 22. If you want to sell 300,000 units you have to make it a global car.

The historically awesome BMW 3/4 series has sold 400,000 units globally. That is huge purchasing power that makes the car that much more profitable.

As for the CTS, go drive one. There is really nothing to complain about other than the styling might not suit you. And that is ok. Me? The only reason I don't have a CTS V-sport right now instead of the SS is nothing more than the $20,000 price difference.

I like the ATS look way better than the CTS!

Sorry, but GM has a lonnngggggg history of putting form over function. The Gen 5 Camaro is the one that is most appropriate for this forum. The old CTS coupe was a joke. The ATS rear seat accommodations are absolutely horrid compared to a 3 Series or A4. I've been in too many of those discussions and watched the styling guys win.
Well what the hell happen to the Cadillac escalade? Them things is horrendous! But hey , if GM sticks with form over function I'll love the look of the 6th Gen! But I don't think they will because GM have been making the 5th Gen more function than form ! Just look at the steering and retro speedometer numbers that they changed to a universal and less attractive looking ones! They're listening to the public with the Camaro now so this is why the car will be going the way of the mustang, not the Challenger! Ppl complaining about size , weight and blind spots now! So I'll be surprised if those are still there when the 6th Gen is revealed!