Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 07-12-2016, 07:32 PM   #1
Rsblueblood
Kywildcats

Drives: 2020 2SS shock and steel (shocker)
Talking 1 week review

I would like to start off by saying this car is awesome, I get home from a long day at work and I try to find some reason to go some where so I can get the camaro out. I'm very picky when it comes to vehicles and I have only found a few issues.
1. The front window keeps fogging up. This is because the blend door doesn't shut and allows cold air to come through when running the air conditioning the only time air is to through that vent is when you are using defrost all other times it stays closed. I know there a GM rep monitoring the forums so he should of already reported this as it is a safety issue, to many people are complaining.
2. The nipple on the door handle. Come on GM all the technology in this car and all you come up with is a silver nipple.
3. Mylink I don't know if it's android Auto or mylink but it's crap half the time it doesn't connect and when it does its ok. This is my fault used to ford's sync, awesome system.
4. No mods for the v6. Unreal the car has been out for awhile, I mean no cai that's a major number one on the list with or without a tune. Not even a upper and lower grill replacement. So the only mods are exhaust and a catch can,a least those company's where are there a game.

Other then these few things the car is awesome. Thanks for letting me vent.
Rsblueblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 07:37 PM   #2
bybcous

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 1SS
Man, my Android auto works perfect and I use my 256gb flash drive for my music with no problems at all. I don't use the Bluetooth because it sounds terrible. The defrosting thing does suck and I am surprised It hasn't been fixing, I find myself turning on my windshield wipers when its not even raining to remove defrost and constantly trying to find the right setting and right level to have the windows at to stop the windshield from fogging.
Best so far 11.5 at 123 with a 1.83 60ft. BMR lower and upper trailing arms and upper control arms,E85
DELIVERED 12/29/15
http://youtube.com/bybcous " no talking only racing on my youtube"
bybcous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 08:33 PM   #3
Johnman

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 convertible IOM
1. What is a "blend door"?
2. Most of us call the "front window" the "windshield", unless you were talking about the left or right door windows.
Johnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 08:46 PM   #4
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnman View Post
2. Most of us call the "front window" the "windshield", unless you were talking about the left or right door windows.
i believe op is referring to the valves in the HVAC ducting...
Old 07-12-2016, 08:52 PM   #5
bbrown450

Drives: 2016 Mosaic Black 2SS
I think he is referring to the "door" that diverts the air onto the window being open when it should not be ....

BIG PAIN IN THE ASS GM..SHAME ON YOU FOR NOT ADDRESSNG THIS !!!

This is my second car with the "My-Stink" I am convinced that GM is lost when it comes to a comprehensive entertainment system..it has been a source of constant irritation with me as well...sometimes it has a mind of it's own ..screen goes blank ..often.. System reboots continuously ... How do I know ....you see the phone sinking up everytime. They should concentrate on having a system that is stable and not trying to imitate an ipad !! While I am sure that there are other that "love it" "never had an issue with mine" ect... That does not make the others that are suffering less entitled ...the fact that there is so much disparity proves my point. Take it to the dealer you say? I have 3 times ..each time they reflashed the firmware...beyond that an amazing car that could be much better.....sorry for the rant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnman View Post
bbrown450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 12:10 AM   #6
Flyer

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS and an old Lexus SUV
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbrown450 View Post
I am convinced that GM is lost when it comes to a comprehensive entertainment system..it has been a source of constant irritation with me as well...sometimes it has a mind of it's own ..screen goes blank ..often.. System reboots continuously ... How do I know ....you see the phone sinking up everytime. They should concentrate on having a system that is stable and not trying to imitate an ipad !! While I am sure that there are other that "love it" "never had an issue with mine" ect... That does not make the others that are suffering less entitled ...the fact that there is so much disparity proves my point. Take it to the dealer you say? I have 3 times ..each time they reflashed the firmware...beyond that an amazing car that could be much better.....sorry for the rant
Curious, did you try replacing the USB cable with a thicker one? Fixed all my android auto issues....
Old 07-13-2016, 07:07 AM   #7
iPODFAN11

Drives: 2019 Shock ZL1
That would be the recirculation/fresh air door. It doesn't stay closed if you turn it to outside air. There is the button for it next to the AC button on the dash where the climate controls are (both the auto and the dual zone auto). If it lit up or shows on the radio the car with a looped arrow, it is in recirculation (door closed). Simply hit the button and it will show a car with an arrow through the windshield. The door is open. It is not closed "all the time" unless you are leaving it in AUTO then the car is doing as it dictates (open or close that door).

The "fogging" is an exterior humidity issue really. The mad cold air in your car hits the windshield and the temp differences causes the condensation. Hit your wipers and it clears it. I can't think of one car that doesn't do the fogging bit like that. My truck does it, brother's Camaro, my 2012 truck did it, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
we're certainly looking at it -- but right now, the emphasis MUST be on getting the Camaro V6 and SS out -- and having it exceed your expectations....

Once that's done....................
iPODFAN11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 07:20 AM   #8
KILLA BEE
Black lightning

Drives: 2021 ZL1 1LE A10
Talking

Well coming from a semi bolt on'd, (lol I know its not a word Im in that mood) 2Ls aka bumblebee to a 2017 1ss Im extremely pumped. I normally drive with my music loud but lately I keep it loud enough to hear the exhaust roaring. Im learning (kinda) to stop messing with the gas pedal because the gas doesnt react to well. I have to remember Im using PREMIUM now not regular and It costs a tad more. I got the windows done last night 18% and ordered the blackout kit from phasetek which I cant wait to put on.Wife wasnt to thrilled I got it but whatever, I had this planned for over a year how that song go, Aint no stopping us now! however she is slowwwllyyyyy coming around. Beside this Im dodging water puddles, honking at people if I even think there getting to close, cursing at birds that look like there about to lay one, this is torture I might need Camartherapy
Old 07-13-2016, 09:09 AM   #9
MovieGuy

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
Ford seems to have some kind of deals going with a couple of aftermarket companies. I sometimes wonder if they are padding each other's pockets. I remember when the 15s came out. Long before they were introduced to the public prototypes were given to these two companies. By the time the cars were available to the public there were already catalogs of mods available. This all sounds well and good until you start finding out how easy these mods are. My Mustang was sort of a "snap together" car. Wanna change the grill, press down on the bumper with your elbows while grasping the grill and pull, no tools necessary. If it is that easy for me it would be that easy for thieves. I had a friend at work who had an S197, I don't remember what year, he came out from the store one day and one of his rocker panels was missing. He showed it to me when we walked out to the parking lot after work. I laid down and took a look. All it took was 3 bolts behind the front tire, 3 in front of the rear, and 8 to 10 bolts on the bottom. With an impact the job could be done in a very short period.

As far as the wait for mods, it has it's good side and it's bad, frankly I can wait until the car is paid off before I start risking parts of my warranty to do mods on my car.

Life after retirement
MovieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 11:45 AM   #10
Rsblueblood
Kywildcats

Drives: 2020 2SS shock and steel (shocker)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieGuy View Post
Ford seems to have some kind of deals going with a couple of aftermarket companies. I sometimes wonder if they are padding each other's pockets. I remember when the 15s came out. Long before they were introduced to the public prototypes were given to these two companies. By the time the cars were available to the public there were already catalogs of mods available. This all sounds well and good until you start finding out how easy these mods are. My Mustang was sort of a "snap together" car. Wanna change the grill, press down on the bumper with your elbows while grasping the grill and pull, no tools necessary. If it is that easy for me it would be that easy for thieves. I had a friend at work who had an S197, I don't remember what year, he came out from the store one day and one of his rocker panels was missing. He showed it to me when we walked out to the parking lot after work. I laid down and took a look. All it took was 3 bolts behind the front tire, 3 in front of the rear, and 8 to 10 bolts on the bottom. With an impact the job could be done in a very short period.

As far as the wait for mods, it has it's good side and it's bad, frankly I can wait until the car is paid off before I start risking parts of my warranty to do mods on my car.
You're right, all I was saying was as popular these cars are should of been a few. It just looks like they didn't care about the v6 or the Lt models.
Rsblueblood is offline   Reply With Quote