#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

AWE Tuning

Old 12-27-2021, 01:14 PM   #57
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob3D View Post
Looks like someone got their ass handed to them by a Tesla.
Lots of people have, and I get mine handed to me but A8(Dodge)/A10(Chevy Ford) guys, but I have driving engagement.

Firecracker Red Wrangler Willys, 3.6L eTorque, 850RE 8 speed automatic, 25W Willys package, Technology Group, Convenience Group (aka $600 garage door opener), Cold weather Group, Trailer Tow and HD electric group with AUX switches, 3 piece black freedom top.
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2021, 02:04 PM   #58
snizzle
Recalled user

Drives: '12 Camaro SS, '18 Colorado Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by ariZona28 View Post
I'm thinking the best way to participate in the EV gimmick is to lease, not purchase one. Turn it back in after 3 years and jump into another. Of course you end up with a car payment "forever" but you factor that into your budget and decide if that's for you.
Exactly. Lease if you want an EV now. Battery tech will improve. I bet the landscape looks quite a bit different once the lease is up.

2012 2SS 45th AE LS3 M6

Borla ATAK Catback
Kooks Stepped LT Headers
CAI Intake
Hexvents
VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body
RX Catch Can
Hurst Short Throw Shifter
Pfadt ZL-Spec Stage 3 Suspension
Forgestar F14
Tuned by Frost
snizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2021, 02:46 PM   #59
ariZona28
Give speed a chance

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2LS, 2015 Camaro Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveradoss573 View Post
Nope just zero love for these appliances
Last night I took the Z/28 out for a mild therapy session. Nothing crazy. There's a neighborhood near me with some good hill climbing, twisty turns but a speed limit of 35. I zip up through there and practice 3 - 2 rev matching and hang a few corners. After that a little bit of spirited freeway on-off ramp acceleration testing but nothing that'll get me thrown in the hoosegow. If I had a "faster" EV would I even have the desire for such activity? Probably not.
Old 12-27-2021, 03:54 PM   #60
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
Quote:
Last night I took the Z/28 out for a mild therapy session. Nothing crazy. There's a neighborhood near me with some good hill climbing, twisty turns but a speed limit of 35. I zip up through there and practice 3 - 2 rev matching and hang a few corners. After that a little bit of spirited freeway on-off ramp acceleration testing but nothing that'll get me thrown in the hoosegow. If I had a "faster" EV would I even have the desire for such activity? Probably not.
And I ask, if you had an automatic would you have the desire for such activity?

Firecracker Red Wrangler Willys, 3.6L eTorque, 850RE 8 speed automatic, 25W Willys package, Technology Group, Convenience Group (aka $600 garage door opener), Cold weather Group, Trailer Tow and HD electric group with AUX switches, 3 piece black freedom top.
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2021, 04:04 PM   #61
Silveradoss573

Drives: Camaro 1LE
Quote:
You wouldn't.
Silveradoss573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2021, 05:58 PM   #62
ariZona28
Give speed a chance

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerFran View Post
And I ask, if you had an automatic would you have the desire for such activity?
Yes. Especially if it was a Gen 5 ZL1 A6. I would just adjust the route a bit for more straight-line romps and probably toss in a few short burnouts! Autos can be a LOT of fun if driven "correctly". Hold that A6 in 2nd and hang a few turns, good times. While I understand your preference for a manual trans you need to keep in mind that today's automatics aren't yesterday's Powerglides. And don't forget, I've got a Turbo 400 in my Olds and it's 2 tons o' fun!
Old 12-27-2021, 06:14 PM   #63
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
Quote:
Yes. Especially if it was a Gen 5 ZL1 A6. I would just adjust the route a bit for more straight-line romps and probably toss in a few short burnouts! Autos can be a LOT of fun if driven "correctly". Hold that A6 in 2nd and hang a few turns, good times. While I understand your preference for a manual trans you need to keep in mind that today's automatics aren't yesterday's Powerglides. And don't forget, I've got a Turbo 400 in my Olds and it's 2 tons o' fun!
^^^ this!! I have tons of fun in my A6 cammed and stalled Camaro. I drive her around town all the time in manual mode. My tuner has the tranny set to "manual auto lock", so that anytime I put it in manual, the converter is locked in whatever gear I am in. I drive it like it is an indycar, it is sooo much fun. And like ariZona28 says, find a good route with some straight line romps, a few 2nd gear burnouts and some sprited on/off ramp shots and it's a joy without using the clutch. I have had my manual cars in the day, but this A6 is really fun!! When someone wants to try me, I leave it on sport mode and let the 4500 stall do it's thing and leave them in the dust, without pushing in the clutch and grabbing a lower gear via the shifter, oh so quick!!! lol.
Old 12-29-2021, 08:56 AM   #64
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
I hate saying this, but the c5 Camaro was the last automobile that I had any measurable desire for. I have a sad feeling that this will remain for a long while. I do like the GM pickups and one of them will likely be my next object of desire.

This is why I try to bring caution to GM, Ford and who ever wants to listen: The enthusiast automotive genre is dying. The hoards of customers that they once profited from will not return. These customers will likely go all japanese.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2021, 09:27 AM   #65
Rob3D

Drives: Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbls1 View Post
I hate saying this, but the c5 Camaro was the last automobile that I had any measurable desire for. I have a sad feeling that this will remain for a long while. I do like the GM pickups and one of them will likely be my next object of desire.

This is why I try to bring caution to GM, Ford and who ever wants to listen: The enthusiast automotive genre is dying. The hoards of customers that they once profited from will not return. These customers will likely go all japanese.
Same here and well written! Except I’ll be purchasing a Rivian.
Rob3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2021, 10:15 AM   #66
snizzle
Recalled user

Drives: '12 Camaro SS, '18 Colorado Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbls1 View Post
The enthusiast automotive genre is dying.
Not to mention (but to mention) racing. Take a look at Formula E. If that's what we have in store, racing is dead too.

2012 2SS 45th AE LS3 M6

Borla ATAK Catback
Kooks Stepped LT Headers
CAI Intake
Hexvents
VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body
RX Catch Can
Hurst Short Throw Shifter
Pfadt ZL-Spec Stage 3 Suspension
Forgestar F14
Tuned by Frost
snizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2021, 12:24 PM   #67
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by snizzle View Post
Not to mention (but to mention) racing. Take a look at Formula E. If that's what we have in store, racing is dead too.
Wow. Sad. What's left?? Scale model racing? RCs? Fighter Jets?? Maybe Monster Trucks.....

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2023, 06:41 AM   #68
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS1 1LE
A traditional definition of what constitutes a muscle car would exclude the Plaid for several reasons. It's too expensive, it's too luxurious, it doesn't have a V8, and it has four doors.
Wyzz Kydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2023, 08:08 AM   #69
ariZona28
Give speed a chance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyzz Kydd View Post
A traditional definition of what constitutes a muscle car would exclude the Plaid for several reasons. It's too expensive, it's too luxurious, it doesn't have a V8, and it has four doors.
+1! IMO the ONLY cool 4-door is the Cadillac CTSV. Definitely not a muscle car but luxury w/muscle.
Old 02-22-2023, 05:44 PM   #70
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS1 1LE
Quote:
+1! IMO the ONLY cool 4-door is the Cadillac CTSV. Definitely not a muscle car but luxury w/muscle.
I agree, at least in terms of American made cars. I’ve never been fond of the Charger specifically because of the four doors. Not that it doesn’t have some cool aspects, it does, but they should have made the 300 their performance sedan and left the Charger a coupe.

I don’t like ‘slick’ marketing that takes an iconic vehicle to far from its roots. Four door Chargers, the Mustang as an EV SUV, the laughable Banshee, to me they’re prostituting venerable names and blurring what they were about.

BMW did the same thing by slapping M’s on vehicles that to me tarnish the image. I shouldn’t be able to walk away from a BMW M, or a Porsche as easily as I can in a stock Camaro. It debases the brand.

Who wants a $100 Rolex? It’s contrary to what the brands used to be about.
Wyzz Kydd is offline   Reply With Quote