Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro Convertible

Phastek Performance

Old 09-17-2018, 11:48 PM   #15
Jerry's 2LT

Drives: 2LT, Blue Velvet, Kalahari, Convert
I cover my interior by draping a bed-sheet over the entire interior. I simply take off the sheet when I go for a drive. When ready for another use I shake it off. I wash the sheet periododically.

I tried to get a tailor-made cockpit cover like I've had in the past for my Miata. Unfortunately I haven't found anyone who makes one for the Camaro.

I've had both fabric and vinyl tops on convertibles since 1967 and never had to replace one for improper use. Replaced the one on my '67 Datsun 1600 because vandals decided to slash it to shreds, but that's another story!

I've found that my use of the sheet protects the interior just as well as having the top and windows up. In fact, it is somewhat strange that I have to dust my wife's Honda CR-V, which always has the windows up, more than the Camaro. I have theorized that our low humidity is causing dust retention due to static electricity. The CR-V seems to attract dust more even though I use the same Adams interior detailer. The A/C is on more in the CR-V and dries the air even more. One of these days I'll keep the top up on the Camaro and use the A/C and see if the dust accumulates more.

As for hosing it off, it's easier to vacuum in the shade of the garage than to use a hose outside in the sun where water spots form almost instantly. Our sun is unfiltered by urban pollution (so far) and is the cause of most damage to anything outside like patio furniture, etc.

I'm making it sound like a hostile Mars like environment, but I wouldn't move back to southern Calif or down south for anything. I was born in New Orleans so I know which environment I prefer!

Last edited by Jerry's 2LT; 09-18-2018 at 12:09 AM.
Jerry's 2LT is offline   Reply With Quote