Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

AWE Tuning

Old 02-25-2018, 01:32 PM   #43
burnningice

Drives: 2016 SS Mosaic Black
Why would I pay when I did nothing wrong at all?
burnningice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 03:49 PM   #44
Stig eh

Drives: 2017 SS 50th Jan 17 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnningice View Post
The CSM called me and informed me that a local place "repaired" the wheel. I told her that I want a new wheel. The service manager said that he wants to see the car in person to make a decision.
The technician damaged the wheel and they repainted the wheel and hid it from me. They were trying to get out as cheap as they could.
If I do not get a new wheel out of this I'm going to put them on blast on all social media. I know now that it is not a GM issue that it is a shady dealership issue. But in order to draw more attention to it, I will call out GM for letting such a shitty practice take place in the first place. Maybe that way they will take care if me.
Yes and they should have told you what they were going to do and then you could have suggested you would pay even thou u should not have to,pay to change the tire over,

the repair did not wrk and you need to cool it a bit, just telling them it is this way or the highway may just get you the finger pointing the way to the door

You are right but you need to go a little slower the bull in the china shop comes to mind

it is as if you are going to show them,,,,,,

stig eh
Stig eh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 04:44 PM   #45
burnningice

I have been calm and not raising my voice. I have told them that they need to take care of it because it's the right thing to do. Also asked how it would have been my fault that their tech destroyed my property.
Old 02-25-2018, 09:34 PM   #46
Chutzpah

Drives: Wild Cherry LT1
Quote:
I have been calm and not raising my voice. I have told them that they need to take care of it because it's the right thing to do. Also asked how it would have been my fault that their tech destroyed my property.
I’ve been following this. You’re 100% in the right, they owe you a new wheel.
Chutzpah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 04:13 PM   #47
burnningice

UPDATE: After contacting GM and explaining my situation, the dealership offered to refinish the wheel again at their cost. I told them that would not make me happy and they owed me a new wheel.

They caved and I got a new wheel. Much happier now.
Old 03-02-2018, 07:44 PM   #48
TRich2SS

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7WSM View Post
Totally wrong way of doing this.

No matter what, give them the highest score and in the notes of the survey list the issues of what you have. I can guarantee you 100% you will get a better chance of the dealership bending over backwards to help you, then you smoking them on a survey.

Yes there is money tied to this, there are also jobs tied to this as well. It's all about how you approach things is how you are going to get treated. It's basically just like the Gold Rule.
So give them the highest marks you can all the while criticizing them for denying warranty on shitty workmanship from the company they sell cars for? Yea makes sense to me. You by definition can't give someone the highest marks when you have a list of issues with them at the same time.
TRich2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 12:34 PM   #49
Stig eh

Drives: 2017 SS 50th Jan 17 2018
Quote:
UPDATE: After contacting GM and explaining my situation, the dealership offered to refinish the wheel again at their cost. I told them that would not make me happy and they owed me a new wheel.

They caved and I got a new wheel. Much happier now.
that is great and by your posts it sounds like you went about it in the right way, at first it sounded like you might be shooting yourself in the foot, but it worked congrats,

now get out and enjoy your car,

for the record I try to have a spare rim for each tire size just in case, never had to use one but tough to replace some rims when they are not made anymore. stig eh
Stig eh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 12:40 PM   #50
burnningice

I actually sold the wheels to another forum member. I ordered a set of MRR WHEELS from OVERKILL AUTO GARAGE and got new nitto tires and love these new wheels.
Attached Images

Old 03-05-2018, 07:40 PM   #51
yotaman96

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS1LE 2000 Trans Am WS6
Does your car have the red two tone interior? If so, I think I checked out that car when it was new on the lot.
2015 Ram Crew Cab Cummins
yotaman96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 09:41 PM   #52
burnningice

No. It had black cloth seats. I replaced it with black and red katzkin
Old 03-06-2018, 07:37 AM   #53
ChrisCoffey

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS Hyper Blue Metallic
I bought my 16 SS from Wilson County Chevrolet in Lebanon, TN and have had excellent service from them on the issues pertaining to the A8 and rear end lube change. I saw that wheel and part of my business is wheel refinishing around Nashville and surrounding areas. I'm fairly certain I know the company that did that and you get what you pay for or not considering the people who do their work.

I am looking to buy that ME corvette once released and considering how our dealerships are here it concerns me who I should buy from or just try to find some deals far outside the area. I deal with Randy Legge here at Wilson County and Stephen as the service manager. Great people and I told the dealership if those 2 leave I'm gone as well. It's hard finding good people to deal with but they are phenomenal for the 2 I have bought there. I just see the deals some of you get on here and wonder if I should push Randy harder on those like GM employees discounts which I saw some getting not being employed there at dealers or look around at such time. I know if I don't buy from Randy again there is no other dealership I would consider here around Nashville due to the same issues you dealt with and many other horror stories I have heard from working here.
Old 03-08-2018, 06:28 AM   #54
Tenfive

Drives: 2017 1SS camaro ,2SS a 68 + 08 C6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
There's no excuse for that wheel to look like that. Makes me wonder if you truly got a "new" wheel.
X2 I would have 2nd thoughts about taking my camaro to METHville chevy dealer in TN.

Sounds like you'd had some bad luck sadly .
Tenfive is offline   Reply With Quote