Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

AWE Tuning

Old 12-17-2018, 02:39 PM   #1
teddyca

Drives: Blown C7 and 6th gen
Lowered car now need alignment BAD. Do I upgrade control arms or anything else?

So bought car with 4K and immediately lowered it. Now I am at 9K and the run craps are wasted. LOL Inner camber. I am not worried. I intentionally burned them up but didn't think camber was that bad. When I lowered the car I noticed much of the rear suspension was weak/cheap to say the least. I will never track this car, it is strictly a commuter, but I am also willing to put money where it should be. If the majority of you are just fine being lowered on stock arms I will leave it alone. If it is mandatory I upgrade to make any adjustments what would you recommend? BMR looks like good stuff.

17 Camaro 2SS 50th edition. TOTALED 6/2019
K&N Intake, MRBP axleback, Eibach kit, 20" Z28 wheels, smoked lights all the way around, Rockford Fosgate system

17 Camaro 2SS 50th edition. Round 2- 8/2019 550/600 RWHP, Magnuson TVS2300, Rotofab Intake, Corsa Xtreme, Air Lift P3 System, 20" Stance SF-07, smoked lights all the way around, Rockford Fosgate system.
teddyca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 02:53 PM   #2
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
keep in mind, the stock "Weak suspension" faired rather well in all the track tests that the car was put thru and was able to brag about.

things may look too thin or feel light, but I wouldn't make purchasing decisions on the strength or functional efficacy of the parts without having seen what i'm replacing as damaged/broken under actual use.

There is little that is qualitatively deficient in the 6th gen. Or it wouldn't do so well stock.

If you've lowered your car with eibach's or similar that doesn't suggest replacing the shocks/struts etc ..then I wouldn't replace them. But most of that has to do with compensating for a stiffer ride with less travel, not in dealing with any perceived strength deficiency.

edit: i was the test mule for eibach in their lowering springs for the V6. So I've had them on the car the longest (for the V6) and haven't had any suspension issues. I see no reason to think the V8 lowering kit would be any less tested with the stock suspension than the V6. And I doubt the V8 suspension is underengineered any more than the V6.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 03:17 PM   #3
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
all you need is alignment but if you want to add some bmr goodies adjustable or not itll help but not needed
Old 12-17-2018, 03:52 PM   #4
teddyca

Drives: Blown C7 and 6th gen
Fellas you make some VERY valid points. Again I have no plans of doing anything more then simply enjoying and shredding tires. LOL Alignment it is. Thank you for saving me about $500. LOL
teddyca is offline   Reply With Quote