Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 12-13-2018, 05:26 PM   #15
Silverado57

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
Great stories guys.

My wife and I have been traveling almost exclusively by motorcycle since 2006. We've ridden over 220,000 miles on 2 wheels and have been around most of the USA. As we are moving quickly towards retirement we started to consider what would we do if we decided we didn't want to travel on 2 wheels any more. So a convertible was our first choice.

Originally, I was leaning heavily towards the BMW 4 series hard top convertibles but the high price really put me off. We've been dedicated Chevrolet buyers since 1983 and I suddenly realized the Camaro came with a soft top. In the last 50 years I was never a Camaro guy and never had a real muscle car but we started looking into it.

I exercised due diligence, tried one on for size, read everything I could on the Camaros and watched all the Youtube videos. We really had planned to wait until spring 2019 to make a decision on it but a local dealer had a handful of leftover RS and SS 2017s at nice prices. My wife's only criteria was she wanted a white one. I assumed we would get a V6 to keep it affordable.

Long story short my wife insisted on the 2SS convertible in white with a lot of the bells and whistles. I drove it home on Halloween and we've been loving it even though winter is upon us already. We're looking forward to doing big road trips in it. Look for us at Camarofest in July!
Attached Images

Old 12-13-2018, 05:55 PM   #16
CCG Garnet Red

Drives: 2017 RS Garnet Red Tintcoat A8
I'm 63, my daughter is 35, and I have a soon to be 18 year old son. My Grandfather was a Chevy salesman in the small NE MS town of Belmont when every town had a Chevy and Ford dealership. I was hooked when at 14, he showed me a butternut yellow with black vinyl top Chevelle SS396 on the delivery truck one night and said "that's what you will want"", ( it went elsewhere, he got a Caprice and pickup that night). Only trouble was, late Dad was an insurance agent! No big blocks led to a 65 El Camino, 66 Malibu coupe, 72 Chevelle 350 2V, 72 Chevelle SS 350 4V, & 75 Rally Sport Camaro, all used and small blocks from Dad before I was 22. First car I bought new was a 79 Z28, followed by a 84 Monte Carlo SS (family car with birth of daughter!). My dad later restored and gave me a 64 Malibu SS 'vert and we later restored a 1970 Chevelle SS 396 4 speed together when I was about 28. I sold it (stupid) in 1987 and bought a low mileage 79 L48 Vette that I still have. After being blessed with my son, I taught him a love for classic rock and classic Chevys. No SUV or pickup for him. When he turned 16, he had saved $7K and his grandmother and my wife and I kicked in the rest for a new 17 Camaro RS, LT1, A8 (no shutter yet), with sunroof and Garnet Red Tintcoat (a 69 Chevelle and Camaro color). He really takes care or it and has put about 3800 miles on it 14 months! He says we go on road trips (State football) in my 02 Impala (bought new 162K miles) and play those AC/DC, Nugent, Montrose, VH, Aerosmith, Alice Cooper, Kiss, and other CD's on the way. Hard to believe his V6 puts out 335 horses and will stomp my 79 vette with straight duals into turbo mufflers. Still think the 70 Chevelle SS would have taken it in a straight line! Chevy and Camaro rule!

Last edited by CCG Garnet Red; 12-13-2018 at 07:12 PM.
CCG Garnet Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 05:56 PM   #17
ChickenPoop
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 Plum Crazy Scat Pack Charger
Car is sexy as hell, nothing on the road compares to it. Get compliments wherever I go, especially on the black/yellow color combo. Aside from minor issues, the car has been solid. Don't exactly know what I would replace it with if I had to tomorrow. Probably something BMW.

Name:  IMG_0090.jpg
Views: 650
Size:  145.6 KB
ChickenPoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 05:58 PM   #18
random155

Drives: None Yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex74 View Post
Simple:

Take one mid-life crisis.

Add a little disposable income and a tea-spoon of agreement from the wife that I'd earned the right to burn some money.

Add 2x cups of my kids laughing their backsides off on the test drive.

Sprinkle with a dash of the Mustang PP1 that was good (great noise), but just didn't steer as well.

Mix in used BMW's M's that were really nice but left me cold (still not sure why).

stir in a used Cayman S that was wonderful but I needed a backseat (no matter how woeful).

Allow to rest while test driving a few other contenders.

Bake with Camaro6 for several days/weeks of research to really read about owners experiences / potential issues.

Serve it up everyday for a thoroughly rewarding driving experience.
Every. Single. Drive.

I bloody love this car.
Great stories guys. I can particularly relate to this one. I don't have a lot of extra money, but enough to afford a monthly payment for a SS. How many bought outright vs. finance? I dont have the $$ to buy, and will be financing for the dreaded 72 months to keep the payments in my affordable range.
random155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 06:02 PM   #19
Tenacity-99

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS (Red Hot)
Quote:
Originally Posted by random155 View Post
Why did you buy your Camaro?
- For the fun of having a sports car

- For the social status and compliments

- In addition, Women find it attractive

I'm in the process of getting a 6th Generation Camaro here shortly. Still deciding on if I should get a 2017 or 2018 2SS, because technically they are virtually the same without any major differences.
Tenacity-99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 06:10 PM   #20
Jsreo

Drives: 2017 2SS Manual
I wanted a new car that I would track a few times a year & drive on nice days.

I was looking at the usual suspects M3's ATS V's, AMG, & the leading contender, Guila Quadrifoglio, but came to my senses & decided paying $90K for a car was unnecessary & gave myself a $50K budget which left me Camaro, Mustang & Challenger. Camaro SS was by far the best track car of the 3, easy decision at that point
Jsreo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 06:26 PM   #21
RomanB

Drives: 2LT RS Yellow Convertible
I always wanted to have a yellow car :-). After telling my wife that I am getting a new car she claimed I will never get a new car ... I guess I was only talking. Then, my old Audi had a tire problem and I was sick of spending money on this car. Well, that's when I went to the dealer and checked out the Camaro and the Mustang. After driving a Mustang I felt very disappointed. Luckily the Camaro had the right look and driving was very fun ... and the yellow looked awesome. That's when I pulled the trigger over 2 years ago. By the way I still have my old Audi as beater ...
Old 12-13-2018, 07:20 PM   #22
HCI2000SS

Drives: 2018 Camaro V6/RS
About one month ago I bought my current 2018 RS/V6. The reason was is because the lease on my 2016 V6 Mustang was up, and I definitely wanted to try either a Camaro or Challenger now. I have a 600 rwhp 2000 Camaro SS for my weekend/summer toy, but yet I like to daily drive a modern muscle car that has all the cool looks.
HCI2000SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 07:32 PM   #23
ItsChristianInHD

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2LT RS 3.6L
My story is stupid.
So, I Fell in love with my uncle Rich’s Camaro when he bought his 45th Anniversary car.
Muscle cars and sports cars have been in our family for a long time, when the 6th gen was shown off i fell in love with it even more so, I busted my ass even harder. I Worked more and more overtime to save up for my down deposit, found the car I wanted, I went for it. I could have waited, but I worked for something I always wanted, so I bought it. No regrets.
ItsChristianInHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 07:46 PM   #24
Snowbird12

Drives: 2017 2 SS vert
All ways had a Corvette after number 8 I decided to buy a Camaro because I liked the look and the fact my dogs have a seat to ride on
The best bang for the buck l a 2 SS rag A 8 with no shudder
The pace car driver who drives mine at the races said betwwen a Mustang, Corvette and the Camaro the Camaro is the best handling of the 3
Snowbird12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 07:47 PM   #25
Cmax

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS FIFTY convertible
I backed into my 2017, not even shopping for a new car. I paid my way thru college 35 years ago, buying, fixing, and reselling used 1st gen Camaros. Five years ago I bought a 67 vert that wasn’t drivable. I had fun working on it, and made a few grand when I sold it.
I was patiently shopping for a 69 SS vert to become available under 50 grand, and kept hearing that the gen6 Camaro has 455 hp and 455 lbs of torque. i grabbed my son to go test drive it to prove to myself that the classic is far better, because it likely drives like a Honda.....oh boy was I wrong... the first few minutes, I was like , ‘Katie bar the door....holy crap this is fast!.... turns out the 69 drives like a worn out Honda....lol.... but the 69 is flipping still gotgeous....
The performance of the 2SS I drove with NPP and MRC was as advertised, and I couldn’t believe how it handled on corners...and the sound!
I got out at the dealer and thankfully stumbled onto a FIFTY vert and the more detail I saw, I fell in love....and I still can’t believe I found a better car than my awesome 69 SS vert with a 350 4 speed that I modded back in the day. cowl induction hood, racing stripes, bigger carb and cam and cool 15x7 rims and tires..... damn I loved that car. I put a picture below if it works..
if I could afford two, I would struggle deciding on a resto mod 69 SS or an 18 ZL1
Attached Images

Cmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 05:03 AM   #26
random155

Drives: None Yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmax View Post
I backed into my 2017, not even shopping for a new car. I paid my way thru college 35 years ago, buying, fixing, and reselling used 1st gen Camaros. Five years ago I bought a 67 vert that wasn’t drivable. I had fun working on it, and made a few grand when I sold it.
I was patiently shopping for a 69 SS vert to become available under 50 grand, and kept hearing that the gen6 Camaro has 455 hp and 455 lbs of torque. i grabbed my son to go test drive it to prove to myself that the classic is far better, because it likely drives like a Honda.....oh boy was I wrong... the first few minutes, I was like , ‘Katie bar the door....holy crap this is fast!.... turns out the 69 drives like a worn out Honda....lol.... but the 69 is flipping still gotgeous....
The performance of the 2SS I drove with NPP and MRC was as advertised, and I couldn’t believe how it handled on corners...and the sound!
I got out at the dealer and thankfully stumbled onto a FIFTY vert and the more detail I saw, I fell in love....and I still can’t believe I found a better car than my awesome 69 SS vert with a 350 4 speed that I modded back in the day. cowl induction hood, racing stripes, bigger carb and cam and cool 15x7 rims and tires..... damn I loved that car. I put a picture below if it works..
if I could afford two, I would struggle deciding on a resto mod 69 SS or an 18 ZL1
Thats a badass looking camao!
random155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 05:53 AM   #27
Azerlazer26

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS
The Camaro has been a dream car for me since I was 6 years old. I started saving like crazy now here I am with my exact dream spec Camaro!
Azerlazer26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 06:17 AM   #28
drperry

Drives: Chevy Blazer
Got mine because it's a comfortable daily driver, and good on gas... And wicked fun to drive.... The lower payments than my 2011 Denali Dually are nice, too.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
drperry is offline   Reply With Quote