Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-10-2017, 06:17 PM   #29
Est98SS

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioKartSS View Post
damn sorry to see that OP, you had one of the best looking cars on this forum. hopefully everything works our for you, gl.
Appreciate it
Est98SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 06:18 PM   #30
Est98SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by C5Txfan View Post
What's the deal with no license plate ? Still has a dealer ad plate on it ? Stolen off dealers lot ??
Just got back from Cars and Coffee earlier that day and didn't want random people getting pictures of my license plate
Old 03-10-2017, 06:25 PM   #31
Est98SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron scubadiver View Post
OP should get $36k. He is lucky to be alive and walking around. The other car was probably anticipating the light changing to green and was moving along rather than starting from a stop.

Sorry about the misery.
How did you come to that number? Based off the price of local 2SS'? I was hoping for around $40k because local listings for 2SS avg about 36k(none of which have the upgraded interior like mine,) then insurance is supposed to cover fees and tax which would come out to about 3k then Im not sure how much I may get for the aftermarket parts, although I may end up just taking off the splitter and tail lights since they are salvageable and ask for some compensation for the diffuser.
Old 03-10-2017, 06:30 PM   #32
activepat

Drives: Red Hot SS 1LE
Scuba doesn't know what you are entitled to. Lotsa luck on the upgrades though, unless declared. Take your stuff,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Est98SS View Post
How did you come to that number? Based off the price of local 2SS'? I was hoping for around $40k because local listings for 2SS avg about 36k(none of which have the upgraded interior like mine,) then insurance is supposed to cover fees and tax which would come out to about 3k then Im not sure how much I may get for the aftermarket parts, although I may end up just taking off the splitter and tail lights since they are salvageable and ask for some compensation for the diffuser.
activepat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 06:37 PM   #33
Est98SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by activepat View Post
Scuba doesn't know what you are entitled to. Lotsa luck on the upgrades though, unless declared. Take your stuff,
I know that there's no way he can know for sure, I just want to hear what other people think to see if its close to what I think and to be more educated when negotiating a price with my insurance.
Old 03-10-2017, 07:14 PM   #34
Abdulisraddd

Drives: 17' 1SS A8
GLAD UR OK BRO
Old 03-10-2017, 09:15 PM   #35
Blubyu2

Drives: 2016 2SS Hyper Blue
Wait Chevy Makes a Hybrid Camaro...
Blubyu2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 09:39 PM   #36
jazz_whigs

Drives: 2010 gen5 2lt rs, 2016 gen6 2ss
looks like you bought the car from selma, hope no one's hurt
Old 03-10-2017, 09:40 PM   #37
jazz_whigs

Drives: 2010 gen5 2lt rs, 2016 gen6 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blubyu2 View Post
i think it's just an emblem, or maybe it came from the other car that t-boned him lol
Old 03-10-2017, 10:32 PM   #38
Est98SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blubyu2 View Post
Yes
Old 03-11-2017, 09:11 AM   #39
RenegadeXR

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
I know that there's no way he can know for sure, I just want to hear what other people think to see if its close to what I think and to be more educated when negotiating a price with my insurance.
FWIW, you're going to get wildly different responses on a forum like this. In the same situation, I'd be doing the same but it would be more psychological to put myself at ease vs. getting actual useful feedback. Nobody really knows due to the number of variables involved. Your car was very nice and had a lot of upgrades, but that also makes it a wildcard for the check they'll cut vs. if this was just a straightforward standard 2SS left stock for which you could get a clear KBB quote. I'm sorry. :/
RenegadeXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 09:14 AM   #40
mgwarlock
Nightfall Gray Blackout

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Sorry man!
I have My totaled Camry with Gieco and the money the gave me can only buy a Sonata.
Fight to get a replacement same or close what you have.
Update us
mgwarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 12:57 PM   #41
draph

Drives: AcuraTL SH-AWD 6MT and '70 'vette
"based off witness statements, was that I tried to make a yellow and ended up running a red"

Welcome to the real world of bias. In the real world, no one was studying activity in the intersection, they were going about their daily business, thinking about several things at once, etc., then they heard/saw the impact, and filled in the knowledge gaps based upon their bias. This situation makes the case for buying the Malibu looking SS Sedan in lieu of Camaro...get it in white and leave the tires blackwalls...Then in a situation like this, it's Jetta vs. Malibu to those "witnesses"...provided you kept the exhaust in stealth mode if you stabbed the throttle on the yellow.
draph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 11:14 AM   #42
C5Txfan

Drives: 2004 Corvette
Quote:
Just got back from Cars and Coffee earlier that day and didn't want random people getting pictures of my license plate
So you were driving without a rear license plate - seems you'd be getting a ticket for that also. Plus what is the problem everyone has with someone getting a picture of their plate ? If they wanted to know where you lived or whatever all they need to do is write it down on paper ....
C5Txfan is offline   Reply With Quote