Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 10-06-2016, 07:21 PM   #1
JBinSD

Drives: '23 LT Vert M6'16 Hyper 2SS Vert MT
Speeding Tickets?

I'm considering a 2SS vert, and I live in Southern California. I've been trolling the lots and driving a bunch of cars, and I honestly am starting to think I'll lose my license if I buy one of these cars. Its very difficult to drive them anywhere near a posted speed limit. The car I can get a great deal on is bright red, and I think that would make me a serious target for tickets and eventual loss of license.

Am I crazy? What do you think?

Joel
PS this is what I drove today. . . .
JBinSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 07:24 PM   #2
LuZim

Drives: Black '16 2SS - @Luca2SS
I thought the same thing, since I had a lot of prior tickets. But it's been a month so far and I've had plenty of fun without getting yanked. I'm in Florida but I was surprised at how little unwanted attention I got from it, maybe it's because mine is black.
LuZim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 07:32 PM   #3
Colt_H

Drives: 2017 2SS - MRC, NPP, M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBinSD View Post
I'm considering a 2SS vert, and I live in Southern California. I've been trolling the lots and driving a bunch of cars, and I honestly am starting to think I'll lose my license if I buy one of these cars. Its very difficult to drive them anywhere near a posted speed limit. The car I can get a great deal on is bright red, and I think that would make me a serious target for tickets and eventual loss of license.

Am I crazy? What do you think?

Joel
PS this is what I drove today. . . .
That's pretty hot...
Colt_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 07:42 PM   #4
nbryant

Drives: 2016 2SS Red Hot
The car is responsive, quick with enough torque through the power band to make you want to give it more!

In the end though the car doesn't do anything without you prompting it. Buying the car is not what will get you in trouble, you will get your self in trouble, with this car or any other!

I say if you want it, buy it, treat it with respect and be very cognizant of how you drive.

Besides, Red Hot (or Pull me Over Red!) is the sh*t!
Old 10-06-2016, 07:49 PM   #5
MovieGuy

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
I rarely go more than 5 over the limit. But I get up to speed really quick. It is more difficult keeping to the speed limit in my Camaro than it is in my Buick. In my Camaro it feels like I am just starting to have fun when I have to shut it down. In my Buick I am happy with just cruising and listening to my music (I have a fantastic aftermarket system in my Buick). The car I drive does make a difference on my ability to stay within the posted limits.

Life after retirement
MovieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 07:56 PM   #6
lugs

Drives: 2016 camaro 1ss 6sp
RADAR DETECTOR!!! dont let the po po keep you from enjoying a real car!
lugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 08:14 PM   #7
Dysan911

Drives: 2017 50th Anniversary 2SS
I haven't had mine very long yet but the first thing I noticed besides how damn quick it is was is how I could cruise at 75 to 80+ so smoothly that I hardly noticed and had to use my cruise control so that I didn't speed. I guess basically I'm saying it's so smooth and has a stealthy way of cruising faster than you realize.
Dysan911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 08:25 PM   #8
enzia35

Drives: '16 Garnet Red 1SS
If you're going to buy one, then learn to control yourself.
enzia35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 08:44 PM   #9
mekirk2

Drives: 2016 2SS Ragtop Garnet Red
I looked at that shade red and it was too much for me (too bright). I ended up with the Garnet Red.

The old 'red gets pulled over more' thing was debunked....

mekirk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 08:46 PM   #10
mekirk2

Drives: 2016 2SS Ragtop Garnet Red
BTW - dont let the salesman tell you there isnt a break in procedure. There is - keep it under 4K rpm first 1500 miles (as well as a couple of other items - its in the manual). I was told to drive the first one I test drove like I stole it, so I doubt any of them were kept under 4K unless you ordered it from the factory.
mekirk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 08:59 PM   #11
BlackbeastSS2

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1LE Shock Candy
Follow the manual, break in period as the above person mentioned. Plus don't change your oil early like some people do, it's a special clearer break in oil to help seeded your rings.

Colour wise, in my opinion red screams out look at me or cop target colour. I went with classic black. You have to know where you can drive fast and where not too, I also got a radar detector to give me the sense of feeling I will not get caught speeding. Lol.
Diamond Piston & Manley Rods, Roto Fab Big Gulp
BTR Push Rods,LS7 Lifters, ARP, FI Chiller, Kirkey Seats
SJM Line Lock, Hurst Pistol Grip. 747/739 RWHP street tune - 821/794 RWHP track tune 101 octane.
2014 Mini Cooper countryman S All4 M6 daily driver
BlackbeastSS2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 08:59 PM   #12
TopHatPlus
Account Suspended

Drives: 16 2SS NPP MRC
I fricken love the camaro in Red Hot, the car is like a beacon of awesome in every parking lot attend...

Sometimes its a lot of fun to drive a fast car slow... gives the other drivers time to admire the car...

@mekirk - this guy has his facts on lock down, its quite important to be as rule abiding as possible for the first 1500 miles.
TopHatPlus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 09:11 PM   #13
Blubyu2

Drives: 2016 2SS Hyper Blue
I agree with TopHatPlus, Most of the time i drive it normal I like to see people checking it out. And Car Guys already know what it can do so no need really to smoke the tires. If I want to open it up I take it out on a country road.
Blubyu2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 09:46 PM   #14
JTChief82

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS/ 2015 Silverado
I've had mine 3 weeks now and find myself cruising and actually going slower than my daily commuter car. Honestly I think because it's so nice to drive and just knowing what it can do keeps you from going crazy all the time.