Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 09-23-2016, 04:13 PM   #1
Hyper16
A Heartbeat Away.........

Drives: Not As Fast As I Would Like To
Vitesse Throttle Controller Experiences

Well, I have watched Sledgehammer's videos and read all the pros and cons as to the Vitesse Throttle Controller. I installed one earlier this week and I like the way it makes the throttle much much more responsive.

So the purpose of this thread: Has anyone who has had the VTC installed for a few months or more had any issues?

I know you may have initial setup hiccups and I am not interested in those. Been there, done that. Only want to hear from folks that have had the VTC installed for an extended period of time.

Thanks
2016 Hyper Blue Metallic 2SS | A8 | MRC | Sunroof | Nav | Mishimoto Catch Can | GM CAI | Hurst Shifter | Borla S-Type Exhaust | Body Color Splash Guards | 1LE Splitter | GM Dark Tail Lights | ZL1 Third Brake Light | Custom Fuel Door, Badges & Bowties | Oracle Side Markers | Blacked Out Stuff | Opti-Coat Pro+

The problem with this world is stupidity.
I'm not saying there should be penalties for stupidity,
but why don't we just take the warning labels off everything and let the problem solve itself.
Hyper16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 06:24 PM   #2
somewhatdamaged

Drives: 16' 2SS M6
Hi there,
I had the Vitesse installed on my Gen5 SS and had it for longer than a year. No issues, but the one thing I can say is that once you get used to the enhanced throttle response, it's hard to go back to stock. My car felt sluggish in "0" mode once I got used to using it. Also, it seemed that my gas milage went down a bit using it on setting 4 or higher.
somewhatdamaged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 06:55 PM   #3
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
i have the pedal commander one and i love it! similar product btw
Old 09-23-2016, 08:11 PM   #4
Wolvie70

Drives: 2016 2SS, Summit White, A8, NPP
I had it on my 5th gen for > 2 years and liked it. I bought one for my 6th gen as well. That is an endorsement there.

I spend a lot of time in heavy traffic so I use the touring mode a lot for smoother shifting. In touring mode the throttle to me is sluggish, so the throttle controller makes up for that with smoother shifts. I have mine set at 2 or 3 typically.
Wolvie70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 08:11 PM   #5
Hyper16
A Heartbeat Away.........

Drives: Not As Fast As I Would Like To
Quote:
Originally Posted by somewhatdamaged View Post
Hi there,
I had the Vitesse installed on my Gen5 SS and had it for longer than a year. No issues, but the one thing I can say is that once you get used to the enhanced throttle response, it's hard to go back to stock. My car felt sluggish in "0" mode once I got used to using it. Also, it seemed that my gas milage went down a bit using it on setting 4 or higher.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolvie70 View Post
I had it on my 5th gen for > 2 years and liked it. I bought one for my 6th gen as well. That is an endorsement there.

I spend a lot of time in heavy traffic so I use the touring mode a lot for smoother shifting. In touring mode the throttle to me is sluggish, so the throttle controller makes up for that with smoother shifts. I have mine set at 2 or 3 typically.
Thanks. That's the kind of info I'm looking for. Love the VTC but just want to know if any issues have reared their ugly head after extended use.
2016 Hyper Blue Metallic 2SS | A8 | MRC | Sunroof | Nav | Mishimoto Catch Can | GM CAI | Hurst Shifter | Borla S-Type Exhaust | Body Color Splash Guards | 1LE Splitter | GM Dark Tail Lights | ZL1 Third Brake Light | Custom Fuel Door, Badges & Bowties | Oracle Side Markers | Blacked Out Stuff | Opti-Coat Pro+

The problem with this world is stupidity.
I'm not saying there should be penalties for stupidity,
but why don't we just take the warning labels off everything and let the problem solve itself.
Hyper16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 08:15 PM   #6
Wolvie70

Drives: 2016 2SS, Summit White, A8, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyper16 View Post
Thanks. That's the kind of info I'm looking for. Love the VTC but just want to know if any issues have reared their ugly head after extended use.
Nope, never had issues with setting it up, or while using it.
Wolvie70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 08:53 AM   #7
mc4man
USMC Combat Veteran

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS
Initially when I installed the Vitesse Throttle Controller I felt an immediate difference in throttle response in the SP5 to SP9 range. Off the line pulls seemed more responsive. Lately though I really don't notice the throttle controllers effect anymore even as I cycle through the range of settings. Sometimes I feel a jerk of the line, but I attribute that to throttle lag, especially after a cold start. There definitely still is slight throttle lag even at the SP9 setting even though I think this product is marketed as eliminating this. Other than that, I've never had any issues with the device.
mc4man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 09:11 AM   #8
AndyUK

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mc4man View Post
Initially when I installed the Vitesse Throttle Controller I felt an immediate difference in throttle response in the SP5 to SP9 range. Off the line pulls seemed more responsive. Lately though I really don't notice the throttle controllers effect anymore even as I cycle through the range of settings. Sometimes I feel a jerk of the line, but I attribute that to throttle lag, especially after a cold start. There definitely still is slight throttle lag even at the SP9 setting even though I think this product is marketed as eliminating this. Other than that, I've never had any issues with the device.
this device just takes your input and increases it, so say 50% throttle is 100% requested... you get the same effect by just mashing your foot to the floor

devices like this that say they "improve throttle response" can't really do that, they just increase a signal, they can't make that signal travel faster or the ECU react quicker to it, if anything they are just removing your ability to request smaller increments of throttle
AndyUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 10:49 AM   #9
mc4man
USMC Combat Veteran

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyUK View Post
this device just takes your input and increases it, so say 50% throttle is 100% requested... you get the same effect by just mashing your foot to the floor

devices like this that say they "improve throttle response" can't really do that, they just increase a signal, they can't make that signal travel faster or the ECU react quicker to it, if anything they are just removing your ability to request smaller increments of throttle
Thanks AndyUK, good information.
mc4man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 02:22 PM   #10
Blubyu2

Drives: 2016 2SS Hyper Blue
I had one on my 2SS and removed it, I took a trip out of town and late at night I was out in the middle of nowhere and I kept getting engine running in reduced power message,I removed the VTC and have not got that message again since. I agree with some other post on the VTC we really do not know what could happen when you start messing with the electronic engineering.
Blubyu2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 09:12 PM   #11
jazz_whigs

Drives: 2010 gen5 2lt rs, 2016 gen6 2ss
i had a bad experience with this item, messed up my AC, car did not start, key fob cannot be detected, etc. but i really love the product i would still use it if it can be fixed. follow this thread for in depth details: http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=487295