Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels | Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Bigwormgraphix

Old 12-15-2018, 06:28 PM   #1
HWG

Drives: 2018 SS Convertible
TPMS reset

Hey what up ....I bought a set up of MMR wheels and tires complete with new TPMS...I installed them today and took a little ride ..my question is never got a TPMS not working signal...I did not check them but I also never did a relearn on the new TPMS...does seem right , is it ?
And a shout out to Paul @ PK Auto super job.. came very well packaged and look great
HWG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 07:24 PM   #2
DetCam

Drives: 2016 1SS (12/10/2016)
I've driven as long as two days without my car realizing I switched wheels. It will probably register tomorrow... you'll need a relearn tool to set it (the old letting air out trick doesn't work on these), tool is like $17 on amazon..
DetCam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 08:10 PM   #3
Fish-man

Drives: too many to say!
If the original tires are sitting in the garage, they will still register. Got to get the relearn tool.
Fish-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 08:57 PM   #4
glenB

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro SS
I live in the Tampa area and put my cold weather wheels/tires on for a recent trip, I was near Georgia before the light came on. Continued to north Georgia before resting it.
glenB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 06:47 AM   #5
HWG

Drives: 2018 SS Convertible
Thanks for the info.....already had a reset tool coming. Be safe out there
HWG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 05:33 AM   #6
guapo
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2017 50th Camaro LT2/RS
What does the tool do and will it also work on a 2013
Old 12-24-2018, 09:40 AM   #7
DetCam

Drives: 2016 1SS (12/10/2016)
Quote:
Originally Posted by guapo View Post
What does the tool do and will it also work on a 2013
The TPMS learn tool is a handheld electronic device that, once your car is in "learn mode" (check owners manual or search web, not sure how the 2013's work... but it's in the DIC somewhere), you walk around from tire to tire pointing it at the TPMS (press it right up against the side of the tire near the valve stem), press a button and it sends a signal to the car something along the lines of: "this thing right here, this is the sensor, you should listen to this thing". When the car recognizes a sensor, it beeps the horn to let you know to move on to the next wheel. (The order in which you do the tires matters... you'd need to research which one to do first/second/etc.) The car now recognizes the sensors in the wheels as being synced to the car.

The same tool does not work for 5th and 6th Gen Camaro's as they switched the frequency used by the TPMS sensors themselves, but they sell the exact same tool for the different frequencies. Amazon sells the devices for less than $20 typically.

The device I bought for the 6th Gen (2016) has model number "EL-50448"... you'd have to do a little research and find the model number for your frequency.
DetCam is offline   Reply With Quote