Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 11-08-2014, 01:10 PM   #29
ssrs2lt

Drives: too many
There’s a lot of padding on each end of the vert's. In these pix's it def looks a lot smaller.. Of course I'm a highly trained camo'd car photo reviewer! LoL
Old 11-08-2014, 02:29 PM   #30
IOMCamaroSS
#PrimeCamaros

Drives: IOM '10 Camaro SS
I guess this means no T-tops? :(
Old 11-09-2014, 12:54 AM   #31
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by classicrockr View Post
people, QUIT asking about T-tops already - it AIN'T gonna happen!

the vert needs to have a different company manufacturing the tops- a lot of 2012's are still having problems with the tops & GM ain't always replacing defective ones with the new design
People said the Z/28 wasn't going to happen but it did. I would love to see a t-top. I'd buy it in a heart beat depending on performance and how it looked.
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 07:16 AM   #32
classicrockr
Pills are for Pansies

Drives: 2023 2SS Red Hot Vert Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by FINALLYSATISFIED View Post
People said the Z/28 wasn't going to happen but it did. I would love to see a t-top. I'd buy it in a heart beat depending on performance and how it looked.
I think the closest we'll see to T-tops is a Targa top like what the C7 Stingray has. THAT would be something I'd grab in a heartbeat. And they also need to make the ragtop store under a hard cover, similar to the C7. That way the issue with the current tonneau cover would be solved; nothing to delaminate / fly off the car while driving, etc.

Get with it GM - make this convertible the RIGHT WAY this time.
classicrockr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 11:31 AM   #33
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by classicrockr View Post
I think the closest we'll see to T-tops is a Targa top like what the C7 Stingray has. THAT would be something I'd grab in a heartbeat. And they also need to make the ragtop store under a hard cover, similar to the C7. That way the issue with the current tonneau cover would be solved; nothing to delaminate / fly off the car while driving, etc.

Get with it GM - make this convertible the RIGHT WAY this time.
How much more are you willing to spend for this? Don't disagree on the improvement it would make, but it would add a bunch of cost and mass to make it happen. The panel itself, hinges and latches (think C5 manual top) would add a bunch. Making it power would be even more.

Would you take an 100 pounds and $1,000? And those are just guesses, could be more or less.
Old 11-09-2014, 01:31 PM   #34
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
How much more are you willing to spend for this? Don't disagree on the improvement it would make, but it would add a bunch of cost and mass to make it happen. The panel itself, hinges and latches (think C5 manual top) would add a bunch. Making it power would be even more.

Would you take an 100 pounds and $1,000? And those are just guesses, could be more or less.
I'd do it. Honestly how many Camaros owners say weight is an issue but still spend serious $$ in performance? $1000 for a targa top/t-top? I'd just find ways to increase hp to offset the weight. Chances are the ZL1 or 1LE wouldn't have the targa or t-top option but the SS would. The only issue I would have would be I'd want the 1LE or ZL1 with the option.
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 02:00 PM   #35
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by FINALLYSATISFIED View Post
I'd do it. Honestly how many Camaros owners say weight is an issue but still spend serious $$ in performance? $1000 for a targa top/t-top? I'd just find ways to increase hp to offset the weight. Chances are the ZL1 or 1LE wouldn't have the targa or t-top option but the SS would. The only issue I would have would be I'd want the 1LE or ZL1 with the option.
No, I meant 100 pounds and $1,000 for a hard toneau cover to make the convertible more "right" as the previous post was asking.

You aren't getting T-tops, it would be a huge undertaking. A targa on the Camaro? Really let's just make it 4 seat Corvette while we are at it. Yes there was the Solstice hard top that also had a targa, but the top wouldn't even fit in the car. You had to leave it at home.

And, yes, everyone has been screaming about the weight.

Why would you want a downsized Camaro that weighed EVEN MORE? Again not what I am hoping for.
Old 11-09-2014, 04:35 PM   #36
classicrockr
Pills are for Pansies

Yes, I would both pay the price & accept the weight difference. I'm not concerned about any form of 0-60 time, etc.

I can sympathize with the "4 seat Corvette" comment; I suppose there SHOULD be more difference between the 2. But if it CAN be done on the Camaro, I feel it SHOULD be.

If there's no hard cover, how about GM making a tonneau cover that stayed down a little tighter while secured and instead of making a smooth plastic that has a textured material glued down onto it, why not just make the plastic ends out of the same material the dashboard/door panels are made of? It's the same texture & would NOT delaminate.
Old 11-09-2014, 04:52 PM   #37
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Targa top on a Camaro? That would look ridiculous. And no place to store it.

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 07:11 PM   #38
classicrockr
Pills are for Pansies

I never thought there was room in the corvette for a targa top either....but there is.
Old 11-10-2014, 12:10 PM   #39
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Why is no one getting all excited about that heavily camouflaged Chevy Spark in the pictures? Hmmmmmmmmm
I did.

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 11:43 PM   #40
doc7000

Drives: 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix
For other alpha news someone seems to have leaked pictures (and some specs) of the 2016 Cadillac ATS V. Looks like with the 450BHP LF3 engine it weighs in at around 3,600 pounds, if you think about it the 430BHP GT mustang has a base weight of 3,700 pounds so this ATS V can bring some heat to it.
doc7000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 12:43 AM   #41
Jontall

Drives: GTO
They even have camouflage covers all-over the interior.
Jontall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 08:39 AM   #42
mister45th

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE Camaro (RS)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeT View Post
This is totally unscientific... and I'm probably completely off base... but does anyone else have a vague sort of feeling that in the most recent photos, the prototypes seem a bit SMALLER?

As I said, I'm probably completely off. The body was probably locked in months (years?) ago... And it's all about photographic angles, perspective, etc... still, just a weird, vague feeling that this car looks a bit smaller than the first prototypes that turned up a couple months ago or so ago. Thoughts?
They look smaller because they will actually be a little smaller this year. They are changing platform and the '16 model year will ride on the smaller ATS platform. So you actaully are seeing what you think you are lol.
mister45th is offline   Reply With Quote