Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-13-2016, 10:13 PM   #1
ADM PERFORMANCE

Drives: Anything I want
2016 Camaro SS Stock Lt1 with LT4 Supercharger

We finally finished the car this week and wow is it impressive for a bunch of stock parts.

2016 Camaro SS 6 Spd Manual
Stock Single tip Exhaust
Stock 4 Catalytic Converters
Stock Cam
Stock Exhaust Manifolds
Stock Air Intake system with Factory ZL1 Corrugated tube
Stock Throttlebody
Stock Spark Plugs
Stock Fuel System
Stock A/C
Stock Waterpump
Stock 6 rib belt and 4 rib belt

List of New Parts

LT4 Supercharger w Original Pulley
LT4/LT1 Adapter Spacers and bolts
LT4 Pvc system -Oem
LT4 Pcv Lines
ZL1 Intercooler Pump - Oem
ZL1 Heat Exchanger - Oem
Cooler Lines - Oem
Intercooler Resivoir - Magnusun
ADM Resivoir Lines - ADM
Harmonic Balancer for 2017 ZL1 - Oem
2017 Zl1 S/C Belt - OEM
LT4 Idler,Tensioner,Brackets Etc. - Oem

OEM Quality
OEM Reliability
OEM Engineered
Upgradeable

Here is the dyno of the car as stated- Enjoy

Last edited by ADM PERFORMANCE; 03-13-2016 at 10:54 PM.
ADM PERFORMANCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 10:53 PM   #2
ADM PERFORMANCE

Dyno sheet on SAE

So we realized the video was on STD.

Here is the Dyno on SAE
Attached Images

Old 03-14-2016, 12:00 AM   #3
Fenriel

Drives: 96 t/a / Hyper Blue 1SS MRC M6
Maybe I missed it, were you planning to make a kit for this?

PS awesome work!
Fenriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 12:20 AM   #4
Tr6
The Dogfather

Drives: #1 off the line for a customer. '16
LOVE IT!!!! Absolutely great job and thank you for the updating and information us throughout the build!
#33 off the line #1 order for Customer.
Build thread HERE!
Story of my delivery HERE!
Tr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 12:49 AM   #5
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
look at the low end torque my my...
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 05:56 AM   #6
ADM PERFORMANCE

Yes we have them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenriel View Post
Maybe I missed it, were you planning to make a kit for this?

PS awesome work!
Yes. We have them in process.

Here is where they currently are - www.lsaconversion.com

Here is the build thread - http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=440925

Check out the comparison on page 3 to the 2016 HELLCAT, 2013 GT-500 , 2016 Z06 .....Pretty impressive upgrade to put your power with these big boys
Old 03-14-2016, 08:25 AM   #7
Sack Rat 2SS

Drives: Silver SS/RS, Man 6
Subscribed. Went to Camaro 6 ZL1 section on this forum for posts from ADM and was very impressed. Only time will tell what cam, heads, and headers will add to this package.
Sack Rat 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 08:47 AM   #8
AbsolutHank

Drives: 2016 Corvette Z06 M6
Great work guys! This is very intriguing
2013 Dodge Viper #44/150 Launch Edition IG:@absoluthank
20/21 BC Forged Wheels : BC Coilovers: TA Aero
AbsolutHank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 02:07 PM   #9
E-Ray

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, Nightfall Grey
Here's some specs on the LT4 vs LS9

http://media.chevrolet.com/media/us/...owerhouse.html
E-Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 02:15 PM   #10
oldman

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20171LE View Post
Considering the cheap price is the ONLY reason to use a positive displacement supercharger over a twin turbo or a proven LT1 centrifugal supercharger, what is the total cost for this TVS supercharger package including all parts, labor, and tuning?
How does this price compare to the same price of your centrifugal option from you shop, and what centri system do you use?
Thank you.

snip, and to chose a superior front mount twin turbo or centrifugal supercharger instead.

twin turbos are hot, complicated and unreliable. Please I can count on my one hand how many twin turbos setups I see at the local GTC and would estimate NONE are DD. IMO of course. I see a gaggle of superchargers and as noted this is an OEM setup. Something Joe public drives on a daily basis.

IMO, and I have run a centri blower for over a decade and have one on my Challenger, the roots derived blowers are more dependable and offer a simpler package.

I do think the centri blower has a more usable power curve in for the LT1, over all efficiency the new TVS seem to catching up. I recall a sohc 4.6 blower shoot out article ended up with the comment that the centri just works better for two reasons:
1) it allows you to retain a long runner intake manifold either stock of aftermarket.
2) the power curve as you noted is more usable.

Eforce and Magnuson are doing their best to get a longer runner in FWIW.
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
Old 03-14-2016, 02:28 PM   #11
oldman

from Lingenfelter the 1.7 eaton can only be over driven 15% and max power is 700 HP (even though they have a 750 HP package out) don't know if that is STP or SAE. Their 800 HP package is a bigger unit.
from eaton max effience is 75%
from motor trend it is 20 lbs lighter the the Ls9's R2300
http://www.motortrend.com/news/engin...ercharged-lt4/

"To get to that output level, engineers changed a long list of items. To start, the new four-lobe Eaton R1740 TVS-series supercharger has a 160-degree helix rotor design (same as the LS9) but is 20 pounds lighter than the LS9’s R2300 and revs at a maximum 20,150 rpm (compared to the R2300’s 15,080 rpm). The custom-made rotor’s diameter (100.2 versus 111.7mm) and length (200.2 vs. 211mm) are smaller, and its center distance is significantly shorter (67.3 vs. 75mm). To boot, it has a 3-inch slimmer profile compared to the R2300’s."
Old 03-14-2016, 08:32 PM   #12
ADM PERFORMANCE

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20171LE View Post
Considering the cheap price is the ONLY reason to use a positive displacement supercharger over a twin turbo or a proven LT1 centrifugal supercharger, what is the total cost for this TVS supercharger package including all parts, labor, and tuning?
How does this price compare to the same price of your centrifugal option from you shop, and what centri system do you use?
Thank you.

As a long time GM enthusiast with many builds under my belt, I always try to give other GM owners the good advice to avoid positive displacement blowers like the one in this thread, and to chose a superior front mount twin turbo or centrifugal supercharger instead.

Even though I would never install a PD blower on a car, the 2.3L TVS2300 from the LS9 would be a much better positive displacement blower than the 1.7L from the LT4. (port matching the blower to the LT1 heads would obviously need to be addressed)

Look how that torque drops off as RPMs build. "All that torque" is in the worst place possible, and big off idle torque is just going to further reduce traction anyway.
First Of, Thanks for all the questions.

We only sell and install Positive Displacement Superchargers.

The LS9 Blower is not superior to this one.

The torque fall off is the design of the cam profile(Go look at what JDP Just posted dyno wise with a Maggie 2300 and headers) as well as a couple other issues that need addressed.

The car drives amazing, Ill do a video to prove this. Wait a minute, Gm already has a whole bunch of videos of the new 6th gen ZL1 on a track with roughly the same numbers as our car.

Tommorow or the next day looks like the ZL1 will be revealed.

I have 2 high ups coming to the shop tomorrow to drive our car, Ill be sure and post what they have to say.

Andy
Old 03-14-2016, 08:45 PM   #13
ADM PERFORMANCE

The car is balanced perfect righ now

“Torque is the pulling power of an engine and the LT4’s abundance of it at every rpm in the engine’s speed range helps the 2015 Corvette Z06 accelerate quicker and respond nearly instantaneously,” said Lee. “It’s the very definition of power on demand.”

In fact, the new Z06 engine produces 40 percent more peak torque (180 lb-ft / 244 Nm) than the previous-generation’s 7.0L LS7 engine – and 7.5 percent more than the supercharged 2013 Corvette ZR1’s 604 lb-ft (819 Nm). At 3,200 rpm, the new LT4 surpasses the LS7 by 208 lb-ft of torque (252 Nm). On the horsepower side of the graph, the LT4’s 650-hp rating is 29 percent greater than the LS7’s 505 horsepower (376 kW), and 12 horses more than the ZR1’s LS9 engine.
Old 03-15-2016, 06:29 AM   #14
ADM PERFORMANCE

Some friends from Gm are in town

So I have a few guys from GM coming by today to have a chat with,Pretty sure the Dallas Autoshow Starts tomorrow.