Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-25-2017, 08:27 AM   #29
Dustya

Drives: Overkill Supercharged 2016 CamaroV6
Sounds like 6LE should come in here and make this design then pay him royalties on every sale.. Looks like its quite popular anyone know the 6LE guys should make them aware.

I talked to him about this and this is a very time consuming process between the cost of the spoiler and the work time involved Plus shipping the only cost effective way would be on a production level. Otherwise we will all be paying this man a pretty penny for his work which would be deserved that is for sure.
Dustya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 07:12 PM   #30
jp9109
Clay Sculptor at GM

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, M6, MRC, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpang1234 View Post
Awesome! Best mod DIY on this entire site so far!

I have been talking to my body shop guy about doing this to my 6LE spoiler as I would like to be able to see more stuff behind me.

OP - since you do the work at GM that you do, what would it take for them to let you put it in the wind tunnel to run some numbers against the stock spoiler?
Yeah that won't happen lol

jp9109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 07:21 PM   #31
jp9109
Clay Sculptor at GM

Thanks everyone for the very nice and flattering comments!

Unfortunately, it is not possible for me to replicate this for anyone as it is a conflict of interest with my employer. Sorry to break the news to you guys.

However it wasn't very difficult to do. If you guys aren't comfortable doing something like this yourself just take it to a reputable body shop that is good with fiberglass. May still be expensive but I'm sure they can do it a lot faster than I did, mainly because that was my first time doing fiberglass work, which might end up being not as exensive as you would think.

Either way, the most that I can do with my mods is hopefully inspire some others to pursue some DIY mods or influence something down the road that one of you guys might end up doing.

Don't forget to check back for part 2 and again,
jp9109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 08:00 PM   #32
Chevy71

Drives: 2016 2SS
I agree with the group here, great work. I'm trying to decide on a spoiler for my car as well. Most are too big, and too tall giving me the "ricer" feel.. then like you mentioned th GM is too small. I can't wait to see your part 2 of this.
Chevy71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 08:16 PM   #33
ChadFarr
Instagram: @SSAVAGEVERT

Drives: 2016 SS M6 Vert
Can you just sell me yours?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2.9L Whipple | Compstar Rods, Diamond Pistons & GPI Cam | Mantic Triple Disc | Corsa Performance Exhaust | DSX Aux Pump | LT4 Fuel System | BMR Lowering Springs | ZL1 OEM Conversion | 360 Customs Built | And More!

Click & Follow My Build
ChadFarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 02:56 AM   #34
USAFS197

Drives: 2018 Audi TT RS
Yup. I like this. I really like the blade spoiler but, I think it's just a tad too subtle. I also like the 6LE spoiler but, I think it's a bit too gaudy. This, right here, finds a classy middle ground that I think turned out very nice.

6LE, if you're out there, you should consider this variant.
About as fast as the TT RS
2019 Camaro ZL1 1LE
Sold
2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Sold
2019 Corvette Z06
Sold
2021 Charger Hellcat Redeye Widebody
Sold
USAFS197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 06:45 PM   #35
jp9109
Clay Sculptor at GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy71 View Post
I agree with the group here, great work. I'm trying to decide on a spoiler for my car as well. Most are too big, and too tall giving me the "ricer" feel.. then like you mentioned th GM is too small. I can't wait to see your part 2 of this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by USAFS197 View Post
Yup. I like this. I really like the blade spoiler but, I think it's just a tad too subtle. I also like the 6LE spoiler but, I think it's a bit too gaudy. This, right here, finds a classy middle ground that I think turned out very nice.

6LE, if you're out there, you should consider this variant.
I didn't think there were so many others who were interested in this "middle ground" spoiler height. It seems as if the spoiler options for the 6th gen haven't been received as well as the ones for the 5th gen, just my observation and experience with both gens and spoilers available for them.
Old 04-26-2017, 06:47 PM   #36
jp9109
Clay Sculptor at GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadFarr View Post
Can you just sell me yours?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Can't and won't lol
Old 04-27-2017, 01:48 AM   #37
6LE Designs

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Wow. BRAVO. When I started reading this, as a designer, I'm thinking, "Yeah ok, let's see how well he works the line work into the twist..." Then I saw it and was like, "Well f@ck me." Lol, then I saw "GM Clay Sculptor" and I'm like, THAT makes sense lol!

Well, the truth is we already have made something 99% similar. We haven't released anything yet because it's part of our completely new line we were going to debut at SEMA.

Now that I have the legal paperwork back I'll give you guys a hint... The new version of parts, WILL be available to for sell individually, but they're also part of a car we're building... IROC-Z 6LE.

Yeah, the name, word mark, trade mark, etc... had all expired Wide bodied car, spoiler like you see, our hood with some new exciting additions, ZL1 style front but redesigned to be even more agressive, and custom wheels (12" front 13" rear) I designed to look like a modern IROC rim .

I digress, to the OP, AMAZING work, I'd hire you in a second but doubt I could afford you lol!
6LE Designs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 08:23 AM   #38
jp9109
Clay Sculptor at GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6LE Designs View Post
Wow. BRAVO. When I started reading this, as a designer, I'm thinking, "Yeah ok, let's see how well he works the line work into the twist..." Then I saw it and was like, "Well f@ck me." Lol, then I saw "GM Clay Sculptor" and I'm like, THAT makes sense lol!

Well, the truth is we already have made something 99% similar. We haven't released anything yet because it's part of our completely new line we were going to debut at SEMA.

Now that I have the legal paperwork back I'll give you guys a hint... The new version of parts, WILL be available to for sell individually, but they're also part of a car we're building... IROC-Z 6LE.

Yeah, the name, word mark, trade mark, etc... had all expired Wide bodied car, spoiler like you see, our hood with some new exciting additions, ZL1 style front but redesigned to be even more agressive, and custom wheels (12" front 13" rear) I designed to look like a modern IROC rim .

I digress, to the OP, AMAZING work, I'd hire you in a second but doubt I could afford you lol!
Thank you very much! Can't wait to see the new build!
Old 04-27-2017, 08:32 AM   #39
2K16SummitSS
Resident Land Surveyor

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS - Summit White M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6LE Designs View Post

If your new spoiler is really that close in design to this , you'll have my money as soon as I can get my hands on it Excited to see the IROC, you guys always do good work.
2001 NBM Trans Am WS6, Wifey's Grocery Getter - Torquer V2 cam, Racetronix Fuel Pump, Yank 3000 Stall, Transgo 1-2 kit, TSP LTs, Magnaflow, Strano Springs/Koni STR.T shocks, 17x9.5/17x11 TTIIs, Ed Wright tuned
2K16SummitSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 08:50 AM   #40
AdmAnt13

Drives: '16 Red Hot 2SS M6 NPP
Cool cool sounds exciting

'16 2SS, M6, Borla Atak
AdmAnt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 04:37 PM   #41
horizon670

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2LT / RS / Auto
Any idea when it's going to be ready ?
horizon670 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 06:28 PM   #42
68dreams

Drives: 2016 2SS Black M6
very nice.....I wish someone would make one a little more laid back and extends further back
68dreams is offline   Reply With Quote