Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 12-31-2016, 11:08 AM   #29
SSFanboy

Drives: 2016 Camaro A8 2SS w/Maggie
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyUMad1LE View Post
Tour and Sport have the same throttle map. It would change the auto trans shifting though.
Why does my Camaro SS default back to Tour mode at startup if it was in Track mode when I shut off the vehicle? That is so annoying, and that is another reason why I like the VTC. I keep the vehicle in Sport mode, which the car remembers, and I keep the throttle sensitivity on SP5. Call me lazy, but I don't want to have to put the vehicle in Track mode every time I start the vehicle. I want a "set it and forget it" configuration.

Last edited by SSFanboy; 12-31-2016 at 11:30 AM. Reason: removing potty language. haha
SSFanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 06:49 PM   #30
horizon670

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2LT / RS / Auto
The car will only remember the Tour or Sport modes, not the Track mode.
horizon670 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 01:38 AM   #31
SSFanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by horizon670 View Post
The car will only remember the Tour or Sport modes, not the Track mode.
Yeah, sorry. That was more of a rhetorical question, but my statement didn't convey that very well. I'm sure Chevy had some reason for designing it that way, but it's a little annoying. Considering that most everything else about the car is amazing, I can't complain much.
Old 01-01-2017, 05:07 AM   #32
aa406079

Drives: New : 2017 SS 1LE Old: 2012 TTRS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSFanboy View Post
Yeah, sorry. That was more of a rhetorical question, but my statement didn't convey that very well. I'm sure Chevy had some reason for designing it that way, but it's a little annoying. Considering that most everything else about the car is amazing, I can't complain much.

CORPORATE AVERAGE FUEL ECONOMY.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corpor...e_Fuel_Economy

Fuel Economy... remember kids... GM has to hit CAFE targets... which means less fun for you and me.

I for one would gladly sacrific 2-5% fuel economy to get rid of this and keep a lively throttle response... but a company like GM cant afford to MAKE the car out of the box like that due to CAFE....

That HORRIBLE throttle tip in delay is programmed in because the EPA puts a gun to GM's head otherwise....
aa406079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 12:02 PM   #33
KILLA BEE
Black lightning

Drives: 2021 ZL1 1LE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolvie70 View Post
And you never will unless you try it. Maybe you should.
+1000
I never had a lag tho. BUT THIS VTC IS INCREDIBLE. If you havent tried it GET IT. YOU WILL BE OVERLY AMAZED
Old 01-03-2017, 04:57 PM   #34
Cap Ron

Drives: 16 SS/2S Borla,HypBlu,A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliannnt View Post
Installed mine last night, and honestly, this is a pretty freakin sweet mod for anyone looking to bypass a tune for the time being. Definitely helps out with some of that slight lag, although you aren't going any faster, it really feels like it with the increased sensitivity on the throttle. Loving it so far, and it's not too expensive for what it is! Just thought I'd share my opinion on it for anyone who is really careful with mods and not looking to spend a ton of money like me :P
I have had mine for some time now and I really like it too! I keep it on S3 and I can really tell if I change it.
Cap Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 02:55 PM   #35
SSFanboy

Not worth the trouble

I couldn't rip this crap out fast enough. My Engine light came on last night and cut most of the power to the throttle. Had to put on my hazards and practically drift all the way home. Even a Prius passed me like I was standing still. Maybe I got a bad one or maybe the dealership was looking for a scape goat. Either way, I'm going to play it safe and throw it out. I'm fine with pushing the pedal a little harder.
Name:  vitesse2.jpg
Views: 348
Size:  96.9 KB

Last edited by SSFanboy; 01-14-2017 at 09:24 PM.
Old 01-14-2017, 04:09 PM   #36
KILLA BEE
Black lightning

Quote:
I couldn't rip this crap out fast enough. My Engine light came on last night and cut most of the power to the throttle. Had to put on my hazards and practically drift all the way home. Even a Prius passed me like I was standing still. Maybe I got a bad one or maybe the dealership was looking for a scape goat. Either way, I'm going to play it safe and throw it out. I'm fine with pushing the petal a little harder.
Attachment 844630
EXTREMELY sorry to hear that. Maybe you should tried to recalibrate it...I absolutely adore mine!!!!!as do mAny others..I can't go above Sp 3, I can but the tires break , constantly.
Old 01-14-2017, 09:23 PM   #37
SSFanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLA BEE View Post
EXTREMELY sorry to hear that. Maybe you should tried to recalibrate it...I absolutely adore mine!!!!!as do mAny others..I can't go above Sp 3, I can but the tires break , constantly.
I admit that I will miss the extra throttle sensitivity, but I'm not willing to give it another try. The dealership charged me $60 to clear the code. That's not much, but the inconvenience of it all will prevent me from trying it again. I was actually relieved that the issue was not related to my supercharger. In any case, I haven't heard of anyone else having issues with the VTC so take my salty comments...with a grain of salt.
Old 01-15-2017, 09:57 AM   #38
KILLA BEE
Black lightning

Quote:
I admit that I will miss the extra throttle sensitivity, but I'm not willing to give it another try. The dealership charged me $60 to clear the code. That's not much, but the inconvenience of it all will prevent me from trying it again. I was actually relieved that the issue was not related to my supercharger. In any case, I haven't heard of anyone else having issues with the VTC so take my salty comments...with a grain of salt.
Actually its been a fewwwww people THaT complained big time. Actually the first time I started the car up after the install I had a cel. Then I read the directions again and the end of the directions can be a little confusing. I let the car relax for about 10 minutes went through the calibration one more time and boom no cel ever since. BUT I understand why you dont wanna mess with it again. If I had that supercharger I wouldnt probably want one I dont know.
Old 01-15-2017, 12:32 PM   #39
Sunsnare98

Drives: 2017 camaro ss
Quote:
The code clears on its own with a couple driving cycles FYI. If you delete your secondary cats you can't use the throttle controller because it does this.
Sunsnare98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 12:51 PM   #40
KILLA BEE
Black lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunsnare98 View Post
The code clears on its own with a couple driving cycles FYI. If you delete your secondary cats you can't use the throttle controller because it does this.
That is completely untrue my secondary cats has been deleted and it's no problem whatsoever.
Old 01-15-2017, 03:17 PM   #41
Stryfe
Make America Fast Again

Drives: 2016 HBM 1SS - M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunsnare98 View Post
How would the car/ecu know anything about the secondary cats? There are no O2's after the secondary cats, or any sensors related to the secondary cats, as far as I know.
Stryfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 09:27 AM   #42
horizon670

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2LT / RS / Auto
The Check Engine Light will always clear itself after 5 or 6 engine restarts, that if everything else is fine and the Controller is properly calibrated.

The Throttle Controller has absolutely nothing to do with the secondary cat deletes.

Any concerns with our controller, please send us a message / call us and we'll help you resolve it without having to go to the dealer...
horizon670 is offline   Reply With Quote