Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 11-07-2015, 11:46 AM   #1
paul84043

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE
Traded my baby for a 1LE

It's funny how these cars get under your skin. I keep telling myself, "it's just a car", but it's not just a car, It's a lot more.
The night between working the deal, and pickup day, I could feel her looking at me with that "what are you doing?" stare.. I felt horrible.
My 2010 was my dream car. It was everything I wanted in the perfect colors. Black 2SS with Inferno Orange interior and stripes... yeah baby!
I've enjoyed owning it for the past 4 years, you never forget those perfect warm afternoons with your daughter sitting next to you, windows and top open, stereo cranked playing slug-bug and beep Jeep on the way to the store to pickup some steaks for a BBQ. Getting waves from kids. They're not waving at you, they're waving at the car.
I have some really good memories from this car. And now that I think of it? Literally NO bad ones.

The deal was too good to pass up and the release of the 2016 was the nail in the coffin.
Too many things about the '16 that I don't like or that just don't work for me.
I knew I only had a short time to decide what to do and then the %20 sale came and it was game on.

So, my 1LE found me. I wanted the black one, but it wasn't on sale, so I decided to look into the white. I live in Utah.. you can't throw a rock around here without hitting a freaking white car. They are everywhere.
But she had all the bells and whistles that my 2010 just didn't have. HUD, Backup camera, recaros, RS package.... The pictures don't do it justice.
I was nervous and skeptical, had never really looked at a 1LE up close.
So.. drove to the dealer to give it a look... She was in the wash bay and wow... what a beautiful machine...
I drove it out and I could hear the sticky tires picking up every pebble I rolled over.. Pretty crazy..
After getting over Recaro shock the next thing I noticed was the rear view mirror...!!! I LOVE THIS REAR VIEW MIRROR!! Is it possible for a mirror to be "beautiful"?? It is now. It's a work of art. The mirror in my 2010 was like a brick hanging from the windshield, it blocked half the damn window but I never really cared...This one is something to behold.

Anyway.. same old, same old. Numbers were right where we wanted them, the dealership was awesome and very fast. In and out in an hour and the deal was done.
I still haven't seen my 2010 show up on the dealers site, which I'm hoping means that someone that works there probably bought it. Someone got one hell of a nice car.

Time to start making new memories.. I plan on keeping the 1LE for a very long time.

And to my old car, We'll never forget you.
paul84043 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 12:41 PM   #2
Superman09
Account SNAFU

Drives: 13 Tahoe 79 Scout II 15 1LE
Welcome to club 1LE!!!!! Oh and
Superman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 01:13 PM   #3
paul84043

Oops..
Just your run of the mill 1LE so far. Have to figure some way to make her unique...

I give it a week before my wife has "modified" the splitter on a curb.
Attached Images

Old 11-07-2015, 01:35 PM   #4
14Black1LESS

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Congrats! Ive never liked white cars but when I saw a white 1LE in person, it looked really badass with all the black accents. White or Ashen Gray would of been my second choice in color if I didn't find a black one.
Old 11-07-2015, 02:43 PM   #5
LT1Zob

Drives: 23 LT1 / 19 Z06 / after 6 5th gens
Welcome to the club Paul. Nice car, you won't regret the upgrade
Old 11-07-2015, 08:26 PM   #6
Dyk-NO
Trust me I'm a Scientist.

Drives: My wifey ;P
I did the same thing, iInever realized how much iIikea a white car until iIsaw th 1Le the black accents really show well with the car.

Mods: RotoFab CAI, SW Headers, HiFlo Cats, Borla Atak Catback, Nightfury Cam, Ported Heads,Intake,TB, melling pump, Morosso Oil Separator.
Dyk-NO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 05:28 AM   #7
SSmitch

Drives: 14 2SS/RS/1LE
It's all black and white...you got a lot of car for your money!
Enjoy!!

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS/1LE
Livernois Motorsports:
Ported Heads, TB & Intake.
2 R Max Cam (W/upgraded dual valve springs & pushrods)
Kooks 1 7/8" SS Headers, HF Cats & NPP Exhaust
MSD Wire Set/Roto-Fab CAI
Elite Oil Catch Can/GM Oil Catch Can (Clean Side)
Custom Tune 93 Octane
500 WHP 453 WTQ
Sound Bite:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGBUYF1Ce9Q
Dyno Run:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPE6DrtnVfo
SSmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 07:03 AM   #8
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Congrats!
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 07:49 AM   #9
quualudes

Drives: 2015 1SS 1LE MPP
Yeah, I did the same thing two weeks ago with my '13 LS. I dumped a lot of money into her doing all the things that make a normal Camaro handle and sound like a Camaro should be - suspension, exhaust, bolt-ons. Hell, I have had a 1LE diff and rear end components sitting in my garage waiting to be installed.

Seriously, I did everything (damn you Camaro5 forums!!!) and was at the point of supercharger/turbos/cams and brakes - but couldn't stomach just how much money THAT was going to be - especially on an LFX. As much as I loved here, dropping $5K+ in one pop just didn't sit very well...

Ran across a '15 LE in black locally and decided to take a peek at it - and traded immediately. It's like all the stuff I did on my baby was there already, so basically my baby grew up into an adult and NOW we are ready for the fun engine stuff were the money makes more sense since it's building on the LS3 vs the LFX. My goals are actually modest - get 500 rwhp in a reliable daily driver configuration that I can track occasionally.

Enjoy your new car!!! I know I am!!

(Edit: I just saw my signature... Yeah, I need to update that now! LOL!)
quualudes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 10:48 AM   #10
Kendall421

Drives: 1969 Z28, 1982 Z28, 2014 SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul84043 View Post
It's funny how these cars get under your skin. I keep telling myself, "it's just a car", but it's not just a car, It's a lot more.
The night between working the deal, and pickup day, I could feel her looking at me with that "what are you doing?" stare.. I felt horrible.
My 2010 was my dream car. It was everything I wanted in the perfect colors. Black 2SS with Inferno Orange interior and stripes... yeah baby!
I've enjoyed owning it for the past 4 years, you never forget those perfect warm afternoons with your daughter sitting next to you, windows and top open, stereo cranked playing slug-bug and beep Jeep on the way to the store to pickup some steaks for a BBQ. Getting waves from kids. They're not waving at you, they're waving at the car.
I have some really good memories from this car. And now that I think of it? Literally NO bad ones.

The deal was too good to pass up and the release of the 2016 was the nail in the coffin.
Too many things about the '16 that I don't like or that just don't work for me.
I knew I only had a short time to decide what to do and then the %20 sale came and it was game on.

So, my 1LE found me. I wanted the black one, but it wasn't on sale, so I decided to look into the white. I live in Utah.. you can't throw a rock around here without hitting a freaking white car. They are everywhere.
But she had all the bells and whistles that my 2010 just didn't have. HUD, Backup camera, recaros, RS package.... The pictures don't do it justice.
I was nervous and skeptical, had never really looked at a 1LE up close.
So.. drove to the dealer to give it a look... She was in the wash bay and wow... what a beautiful machine...
I drove it out and I could hear the sticky tires picking up every pebble I rolled over.. Pretty crazy..
After getting over Recaro shock the next thing I noticed was the rear view mirror...!!! I LOVE THIS REAR VIEW MIRROR!! Is it possible for a mirror to be "beautiful"?? It is now. It's a work of art. The mirror in my 2010 was like a brick hanging from the windshield, it blocked half the damn window but I never really cared...This one is something to behold.

Anyway.. same old, same old. Numbers were right where we wanted them, the dealership was awesome and very fast. In and out in an hour and the deal was done.
I still haven't seen my 2010 show up on the dealers site, which I'm hoping means that someone that works there probably bought it. Someone got one hell of a nice car.

Time to start making new memories.. I plan on keeping the 1LE for a very long time.

And to my old car, We'll never forget you.
Congrats! Welcome to the club! The permagrin does not go away!

Speaking of all the tiny rocks sticking to the tires...xpel it today! I have Xpel on all front facing surfaces, gils, rockers, bottom few inches of doors and bottom 8 inches of front fenders. There are chips in the clear bra...that would have been in the paint.
Also front and rear stone guards and ZL1 Rockers make a huge difference on stopping chips.
Attached Images

Kendall421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 07:18 PM   #11
PapaKlutch

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS/1LE
Congratulations! Welcome to the 1LE club!
Old 11-08-2015, 08:01 PM   #12
paul84043

Thanks for the welcome. First mod is going to be the clear bra. Regretted not doing it on my 2010. It's so rare to get a second chance like this..
Old 11-08-2015, 09:04 PM   #13
1LE_Track_Star

Drives: 2015 RRM 1SS/RS 1LE NPP Recaros
Congrats and welcome man, they are just fantastic aren't they?
1LE_Track_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 10:54 PM   #14
Houseofhotrods

Drives: 2015 GAZ 1LE/2SS/RS/NPP
Small world - I had looked at that car, along with one in California both with Recaros, along with the distance I couldn't justify the price back in August - in early September bought a 2013 Bee. Black Friday discount/rebate got me and traded the Bee for one I had looked at in Washington (no Recaros ) yesterday. Enjoy it, and if you ever get tired of the seats.... HOH