Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels | Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 10-17-2018, 05:09 PM   #1
camaroJD

Drives: 2019 Satin Steel 1SS 1LE w/ PDR
5th Gen 18" OEM Wheels on a '19 1LE?

I know this is probably the millionth 1LE winter tire thread, but I don't think I've seen this answered before. Does anyone know if stock 18" wheels from a 2010 will fit on a 2019 1LE? I've read any 6th gen OEM wheel will fit but I'm not sure about 5th gens.

I figure this will be perfect (cost wise) for my 1LE winter setup. Any feedback is appreciated.
camaroJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 11:24 AM   #2
DetCam

Drives: 2016 1SS (12/10/2016)
See here for pictures:
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showt...=430064&page=7

If you are referring to the Steel wheels from 5th Gen, it's been done by another member, but with spacers. I tried this very early in the game, and it was too close for my comfort (see pictures from above). The cost of steelies plus spacers (and potential longer studs based on your comfort level) tends to be as much as a set of aluminum wheels that fit.
DetCam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 11:41 AM   #3
camaroJD

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetCam View Post
See here for pictures:
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showt...=430064&page=7

If you are referring to the Steel wheels from 5th Gen, it's been done by another member, but with spacers. I tried this very early in the game, and it was too close for my comfort (see pictures from above). The cost of steelies plus spacers (and potential longer studs based on your comfort level) tends to be as much as a set of aluminum wheels that fit.
Thanks, I'm asking specifically about the 1LE with the six piston Brembos. I would have liked the steel ones but I knew they wouldn't fit. I actually made a second thread in the 1LE section with more specific info.

On a side note, I'm also in Troy. How was driving your SS in the winter around here?
Old 10-18-2018, 12:44 PM   #4
DetCam

Drives: 2016 1SS (12/10/2016)
The last couple winters weren't bad actually. I have some flexibility to "Call In Slick" if the roads are bad and work from home, so I don't have to worry about trying to push through 8 inches of snow. I can wait until they plow me out.

But 1-5 inches of snow, or even icy conditions were no problem with the Blizzaks. I didn't even bother with extra weight in the trunk, the car was fine on its own. I only had ONE time where I started to get stuck and had to rely on actually knowing how to drive in snow, but that was the driveway that only 4x4's were getting through... plus one camaro.
DetCam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 01:26 PM   #5
camaroJD

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetCam View Post
The last couple winters weren't bad actually. I have some flexibility to "Call In Slick" if the roads are bad and work from home, so I don't have to worry about trying to push through 8 inches of snow. I can wait until they plow me out.

But 1-5 inches of snow, or even icy conditions were no problem with the Blizzaks. I didn't even bother with extra weight in the trunk, the car was fine on its own. I only had ONE time where I started to get stuck and had to rely on actually knowing how to drive in snow, but that was the driveway that only 4x4's were getting through... plus one camaro.
Good to know. Luckily I have an old 4x4 Trailblazer for bad days.