Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-26-2018, 09:44 PM   #43
HsvGts

Drives: ZLJuan
I have always kept a vert in the stable, only driving them with the tops down. I will say that the trunk in the Camaro is the smallest I've had in any of my verts.
HsvGts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 06:51 AM   #44
Shakadula

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS 1967 GS400 vert
If you have a garage I would get the convt cause it looks more like the 69 Z. More true to form.

No garage; go with the coupe. The convt tops deteriorate in the sun. Maybe it’s a chevy thing but if you keep your car for years as I do then go with the coupe.

Now if I can just make my SS look like a sport coupe by eliminating the center posts.........
Shakadula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 08:49 AM   #45
pavlos1

Drives: 2018 red hot zl/1 camaro
about that track thing.per ihra rule book anything quicker than 13.50 it states you need a roll bar /cage.just my 2 cents
pavlos1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 11:02 AM   #46
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavlos1 View Post
about that track thing.per ihra rule book anything quicker than 13.50 it states you need a roll bar /cage.just my 2 cents

Usually if the track is running actual races, they adhere top the rules whether it's IHRA, NHRA, or whatever, and yes, I'd need a cage.

When I took mine to the local drag strip, it was just a casual 'test & tune' event.

I think it may have been a few years ago at a Camarofest in Indy, that I was told I'd have two ways to take my ZL1 down the strip.

A. Just don't go full throttle the entire distance to keep the time within limits. That way I could practice launching the car but then let up (what's the fun it that?).

B. Do a full run one time then get banned from the track.

Either way, I decided not to track the car that day, and now a few years later, I had a fun time at the track finally. I just wanted to feel what a stock ZL1 can do with an old fart at the wheel.

I had a blast.
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 05:46 PM   #47
Whoomba

Drives: 2024Camaro 2SS CE Convertible
The vert is why I bought the camaro. Track days would be fun but oh well. Wanted another motorcycle but hey, now when it rains, I can put the top back up.
Whoomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 06:23 AM   #48
Deputy347k9

Drives: 2014 Ashen Gray Convertible
After reading through the comments I thought I would add my two cents. I own a 2014 Vert in Ashen Gray. This was my very first Camaro and again very first Vert! Regrets..... NONE! Unlike others I find no problem with outside noise with the top up and in traffic. The telephone and stereo is just as clear in this vehicle as my wife's 2017 RAV4. We live eastern North Carolina (right on the coast) where the recent summers have been extremely hot so I only have the top down morning or evenings. When I first purchased the car I thought she was a little blah with the top down, then I spotted the Camaro Sports Bar! The cost was about $420.00, the install was no where as difficult as I thought, the outcome was a whole new look with the top down...love it.

Forgot to also mention about driving with the top down. I also purchased the wind deflector that goes behind the front seats and is further supported by the Sports Bar...WOW this thing really cuts down any of the turbulent air behind you. I can actually use the telephone and stereo with the top down and the deflector in place!
Attached Images

Last edited by Deputy347k9; 09-30-2018 at 06:26 AM. Reason: More info
Deputy347k9 is offline   Reply With Quote