Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

AWE Tuning

Old 02-03-2021, 12:19 PM   #1
wintee4478

Drives: 2018 2ss 1le
Aftermarket seat help

new to tracking my car and I am looking to sit a little tighter in my 1le, the car is used for hpde events and weekend driving it is not a daily driven car or a full track build.

eventually, I want to add the studio rsr harness bar and 4 point harnesses i really like what they did with the car in the pictures for the harness bar but that is not within the budget right now, id like to start with just the seats if possible.

is it possible to use a seat like a Sparco r333 or a Sparco Evo xl with OEM seat belts?

if someone can help me out and provide links to all the best necessary parts like a base mount and slider it would be greatly appreciated.
wintee4478 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 12:29 PM   #2
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
ive been looking at a setup also but you dont want to run just seats or even fixed back seats with a harness bar you could do harness and harness bar with stock seats but if you do fixed back seats you want to do whole kit
Old 02-03-2021, 01:39 PM   #3
That1guy_tim

Drives: Camaro 1ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by wintee4478 View Post
new to tracking my car and I am looking to sit a little tighter in my 1le, the car is used for hpde events and weekend driving it is not a daily driven car or a full track build.

eventually, I want to add the studio rsr harness bar and 4 point harnesses i really like what they did with the car in the pictures for the harness bar but that is not within the budget right now, id like to start with just the seats if possible.

is it possible to use a seat like a Sparco r333 or a Sparco Evo xl with OEM seat belts?

if someone can help me out and provide links to all the best necessary parts like a base mount and slider it would be greatly appreciated.

The biggest issue with this is the factory seat belt is connected to the factory seat so if you pull the seat for a bucket you will loose the factory belt.

this is the base mount I used

https://www.plantedtechnology.com/pr...pplication=281

If you are over 6feet tall or have a sunroof I highly recommend NOT to use a slider. but if you are under 6ft tall and you're looking at a Sparco seat. Sparco makes nice sliders as well.

I personally went with the sparco Grid 2, Sparco side mounts and the planted base.
Old 02-03-2021, 01:52 PM   #4
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by That1guy_tim View Post
The biggest issue with this is the factory seat belt is connected to the factory seat so if you pull the seat for a bucket you will loose the factory belt.

If you are over 6feet tall or have a sunroof I highly recommend NOT to use a slider. but if you are under 6ft tall and you're looking at a Sparco seat. Sparco makes nice sliders as well.

I personally went with the sparco Grid 2, Sparco side mounts and the planted base.

awww i didnt know that pretty shitty lol im looking at a full setup next month
Old 02-03-2021, 02:04 PM   #5
wintee4478

Quote:

thanks for the links - i thought i had seen aftermarket seats with the factory belt somewhere on this forum but i could be wrong
Old 02-03-2021, 03:01 PM   #6
wintee4478

Quote:
Originally Posted by kropscamaro16 View Post
awww i didnt know that pretty shitty lol im looking at a full setup next month
what are u going with
Old 02-04-2021, 11:32 PM   #7
Baddawg53

Drives: 17 hyper blue 2SS M6
Quote:
thanks for the links - i thought i had seen aftermarket seats with the factory belt somewhere on this forum but i could be wrong
You absolutely can use the factory belts with aftermarket seats. I have both the 6 point harness and the factory belts in my car.
Attached Images

Baddawg53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 06:40 AM   #8
That1guy_tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddawg53 View Post
You absolutely can use the factory belts with aftermarket seats. I have both the 6 point harness and the factory belts in my car.
Do you have pictures on how you attached seat belt? I was positive that it bolted to the stock seat
Old 02-05-2021, 09:08 AM   #9
wintee4478

Quote:
great setup i would love to do two evo xl in my car with just oem seat belt

i am looking to do this with no air bag lights on or problems i have a 2ss, can you please provide me in detail how you did this
Old 02-05-2021, 09:12 AM   #10
Baddawg53

Quote:
great setup i would love to do two evo xl in my car with just oem seat belt

i am looking to do this with no air bag lights on or problems i have a 2ss, can you please provide me in detail how you did this

I bought seat wiring harnesses for both sides, 2 resistors for the airbags. Took the occupancy sensor and seat position sensor from the passenger seat to plug into the harness, and took the memory function control module from the driver's seat and plugged that in.
Old 02-05-2021, 09:13 AM   #11
carguy55

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
Use the BK mount is one way to do it. I'm working on the details now
Attached Images

carguy55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 09:15 AM   #12
Baddawg53

Quote:
Do you have pictures on how you attached seat belt? I was positive that it bolted to the stock seat
I have the Brey Kraus bracket, so I took the belts off the seat and they just bolt to the Brey Kraus bracket. Super easy.
Old 02-05-2021, 09:59 AM   #13
That1guy_tim

Quote:
I have the Brey Kraus bracket, so I took the belts off the seat and they just bolt to the Brey Kraus bracket. Super easy.
idk why I never thought of that lol
Old 02-07-2021, 03:43 PM   #14
carguy55

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
Quote:
What seat side mounts did you use?
carguy55 is offline   Reply With Quote