#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

AWE Tuning

Old 08-16-2017, 12:18 PM   #29
jfoss15

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdave18629 View Post
That's a much better price than my GM dealer quoted me. I bought my parts from GM Parts Guy and am using a local shop to get that price ($1,800 total), my GM dealer was going to be nearly 3k. Just waiting on parts.
That's what I was expecting... somewhere close to 3k, so pleasantly surprised there. Be sure to let us know your thoughts after install, appreciate you guys giving feedback.
jfoss15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 12:59 PM   #30
WhiteNight

Drives: MB 1SS
Does the dealer have to install the kit to maintain warranty on associated parts?
WhiteNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 04:42 PM   #31
vtirocz

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdave18629 View Post
Thanks for the help on this, parts are ordered but put on backorder. Just for reference in Nor-Cal found a shop (good) that will install shocks and sway bars for $650 including alignment. My dealer wanted $1,100 for the install if I bought the parts at list price from him, so between GM Parts Guy and the local shop, save a bundle.
Any update on this? Anxiously awaiting another review / opinion from someone with first hand experience with this setup and stock.

Best 1/4 Mile: 12.24 @ 115.9 mph
vtirocz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 12:48 PM   #32
Bigdave18629

Drives: 2016 White 2SS Vert A8 Maggie S/C
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtirocz View Post
Any update on this? Anxiously awaiting another review / opinion from someone with first hand experience with this setup and stock.
Parts are scheduled to be delivered Tuesday. Look for an update early next week.....hopefully
Bigdave18629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 01:30 AM   #33
Seventh Camaro

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS
glenB or Bigdave18629,

What ends up being the correct P/N that is not on back order as previously mentioned?
Seventh Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 07:17 AM   #34
vtirocz

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6
If shocks wear out down the road, can they be purchased separately?

Best 1/4 Mile: 12.24 @ 115.9 mph
vtirocz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 08:50 AM   #35
Bigdave18629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifth Camaro View Post
glenB or Bigdave18629,

What ends up being the correct P/N that is not on back order as previously mentioned?
This is what I bought: Gen6LSU
Gen 6 Camaro Lowering Suspension Upgrade
Options:
Chassis Options : 84188728 Camaro SS Convertible 1SS & 2SS

Had them installed over the weekend and love the look and feel. My before and after pics are at a bad angle and you can't really see the drop in them. Less than 2 fingers over the tire is all I can say. Tighter and firmer ride, went with the sway bar kit as well but would skip them if I was to do it again, I am not tracking the car.

No problem with the curb at my driveway either. It is lower but nothing insane that an angled approach wouldn't handle.
Old 09-05-2017, 08:13 PM   #36
WhiteLightening

Drives: 2016 Camaro V6 RS, 2005 Mustang GT
Lowering springs

Does this lowering kit affect handling as well, such as rate of turn on speed forna curve, body roll , chassis dynamics? Or does this just affect the ride height?
Old 09-06-2017, 08:35 AM   #37
Bigdave18629

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteLightening View Post
Does this lowering kit affect handling as well, such as rate of turn on speed forna curve, body roll , chassis dynamics? Or does this just affect the ride height?
From my limited time with it since installation (not my daily) you can feel that the car is tighter all around. It is stiffer in general and I think due to the stiffness and lower cg there is less body roll.

I am glad so far that I did it, definitely a better feel than lowing springs that I have had on other cars in the past. To be honest I think it feels tighter than my C6 427 Vette did, both cars are verts.
Old 09-08-2017, 12:28 PM   #38
ABM1SSSG3

Drives: 2017 Arctic Blue Metallic A8 SS
Sorry I'm a little late to the party. I just noticed this thread this morning. If anyone needs, yet, another endorsement of this kit, this is it. I've lived with it since April delivery. I ordered it as LPO SG3, so springs & dampers only. It was a $1970 option & my 1SS was delivered with it installed at the dealer. Awesome road feel is all I can say as I didn't drive it before delivery to make a before/after comparison. Never a rub or scrape in five months, just great handling.
Old 09-15-2017, 10:20 AM   #39
V8RWD

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 50th
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABM1SSSG3 View Post
Sorry I'm a little late to the party. I just noticed this thread this morning. If anyone needs, yet, another endorsement of this kit, this is it. I've lived with it since April delivery. I ordered it as LPO SG3, so springs & dampers only. It was a $1970 option & my 1SS was delivered with it installed at the dealer. Awesome road feel is all I can say as I didn't drive it before delivery to make a before/after comparison. Never a rub or scrape in five months, just great handling.

Hi,

Sorry for the late to the party as well. I also order the Camaro SS, with the GM suspension kit as an LPO option.

The ride, IMHO, is very compliant. I tend to drive with 34psi of air in the tire, which also helps out (compared to recommended 35psi). I've had lowered cars in the past in for of FWD import cars, and considering that Camaro has 30 series run flat tires to boot, it rides extremely nice.

The only problem about my feedback is that I have no experience in a bone stock Camaro to comment on if there improvements or not. But it does look nice.

Primary reason for getting this is because in Ontario Canada, they passed a law that you cannot "modify" your car. It looks like our insurance companies can decline to have you on the policy. I believe the limit for suspension changes is +1 /-1 inch.. the GM kit drops 0.75 inch, which keeps it within reason.

They do also seem to "settle" a bit more after initial installation. I've had the vehicle for almost 3 months, and it does look a tad lower now than when I picked it up. I'll try to get pics later.
V8RWD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 06:05 AM   #40
Sunsnare98

Drives: 2017 camaro ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8RWD View Post
Hi,

Sorry for the late to the party as well. I also order the Camaro SS, with the GM suspension kit as an LPO option.

The ride, IMHO, is very compliant. I tend to drive with 34psi of air in the tire, which also helps out (compared to recommended 35psi). I've had lowered cars in the past in for of FWD import cars, and considering that Camaro has 30 series run flat tires to boot, it rides extremely nice.

The only problem about my feedback is that I have no experience in a bone stock Camaro to comment on if there improvements or not. But it does look nice.

Primary reason for getting this is because in Ontario Canada, they passed a law that you cannot "modify" your car. It looks like our insurance companies can decline to have you on the policy. I believe the limit for suspension changes is +1 /-1 inch.. the GM kit drops 0.75 inch, which keeps it within reason.

They do also seem to "settle" a bit more after initial installation. I've had the vehicle for almost 3 months, and it does look a tad lower now than when I picked it up. I'll try to get pics later.
Wow you can't modify your car...that's insanely stupid. Wth is going on over there.
Sunsnare98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 03:34 PM   #41
Bigdave18629

Going to try to post the before and after of the front tire

.[ATTACH]Name:  after.jpg
Views: 1240
Size:  114.6 KB[/ATTACH]
Attached Images

Old 09-30-2017, 08:38 AM   #42
vtirocz