Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 10-24-2014, 11:49 AM   #1
SSmegatwinky

Drives: I have a 4th & 5th gen camaro
Exclamation Sway bars. Front vs Rear

Hello,

Im looking to upgrade sway bars but im wondering which sway bar (front vs rear) has more of an impact on handling. And do both front and rear upgrades have a big impact. Ive heard that on some different cars sway bar upgrades, either front or rear dont improve handling much.

I have 1inch lowering springs, adjustable toe links, and strut tower on the car already.

Thank you!

2010 camaro ss

2010 SS. Hotchkis Lowering Springs, Hotchkis Strut Tower Brace, Hotchkis Sport Adjustable Sway Bars, Granatelli Motorsports Adjustable Toe Rods, Flowmaster Cat Back Exhaust, Cold Air Inductions Intake, Koni front and rear shocks/struts.

Last edited by SSmegatwinky; 10-24-2014 at 12:10 PM.
SSmegatwinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 12:06 PM   #2
llcamaro

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS Convertible
I think sway bars are your biggest bang for the buck! Change both, many great choices with vendors on here. I did sways and lowering springs at the same time and I'm VERY happy with the look and handling! Huge handling difference!
Old 10-24-2014, 12:29 PM   #3
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
You'll want to do both the front and rear at the same time, especially on an older standard SS. Sway bars are by FAR the biggest bang for the buck suspension mod you can do on these cars. I'd also suggest changing over to the FE4 design as it's much more effective. All you'll need are the sway bars and our FE4 update kit.

Feel free to call, PM or email me anytime and I'll be happy to answer any questions and get you dialed in.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 12:40 PM   #4
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
I agree wholeheartedly with Tyler. Replacing both bars together will have the most beneficial results, and give you the ability to adjust each bar independently for the perfect balance between understeer and oversteer.
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 12:49 PM   #5
Spartan01

Drives: Evil Eva, 2010 2SS LS3
I just switched mine out 2 weeks ago and it made a huge difference.
Doesn't even feel like the same car anymore, and when I am at a high rate of speed in a corner, the point at which the car really starts to fight back has been significantly improved.
I have not opted to lower the car yet.
I went with the Pfadt ZL Spec sway bars.
Old 10-24-2014, 04:12 PM   #6
SSmegatwinky

Drives: I have a 4th & 5th gen camaro
Alright, thanks guys!!!!!! I went with the adjustable front and rear Hotchkis sways. I already have their springs and strut tower so it was an easy choice.

2010 SS. Hotchkis Lowering Springs, Hotchkis Strut Tower Brace, Hotchkis Sport Adjustable Sway Bars, Granatelli Motorsports Adjustable Toe Rods, Flowmaster Cat Back Exhaust, Cold Air Inductions Intake, Koni front and rear shocks/struts.
SSmegatwinky is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
handling, suspension, sway bar, upgrade