Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 10-16-2017, 09:21 AM   #43
Ecchi667

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, 6spd M
Would some sort of high-heat tape work to seal the system sufficiently? Or would that make it too difficult to remove in order to go back to stock if/when wanted?
Ecchi667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 09:41 AM   #44
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
Quote:
Originally Posted by Immoralus View Post
Will continue to monitor this thread. Would love to get cat deletes and not have to worry about getting a tune just yet.
I ran the CA front CAT deletes IMO there is NO WAY TO GET THIS TO WORK WITH NO CEL AND NO TUNE. The front CATS are monitored. The only suggestion I would have is to move the rear 02 behind the rear Cats. Which should work... should the operating word here. One thing I do like about Bullet Performance pipes vs CA's pipes is that Bullet Performance has brackets welded on so the factory hanger can go on, to my mind this will help on false knock. I made the same comment on the CA threads too. Great pipes and work, but no bracket so I had to fab my own hangers, .

Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 11:25 AM   #45
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
Yes there is...the big daddy No CEL adapters work to keep the rear o2's happy if you can keep the driver side from leaking. If you look at the bullet pipes, there is no way to get a good seal being you have a flared end from the cat back butting up to a tapered slip. All the clamp force is on the delete pipe and you can pull the cat back pipe right out of the clamp. Probably would work if you cut the flared end off the cat back and used a proper band clamp but I did not want to cut the stock exhaust or else I would just get headers... Either way I decided not to fool with it and put it back to stock. I may circle back and play around with them again at a later date. I did like the increased sound from the deletes.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA

Last edited by KingLT1; 10-16-2017 at 11:35 AM.
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 12:35 PM   #46
oldman

The CA pipes had a good seal and even with rear O2 spacers, it would get a cel, within a week or two.. So in my experience is front cat deletes can't be done without a tune, I went to a tune before I could move the rear O2 in back of the 2nd cats but it should work.

I thought the ZL1 exhaust and the SS were the same? My CA pipes worked just like stock, used the stock clamp and even made use of the silver stock gasket sealer that was still soft...
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
Old 10-16-2017, 02:54 PM   #47
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
Did you pack the o2 spacers with steel wool?

The slip on the bullet performance pipe would not fit into the cat back. I had to cut it and make a new slip to fit the cat back. If the SS and ZL1 exhaust is the same then I was lied too by the Vendor and they ran into the same thing. My test pipes are not exactly like the ones pictured. Different hanger brackets and the slip connection looks different.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 04:05 PM   #48
oldman

LOL, nope, you starting to sound like my bro pHd. and always looking for an angle; but I do have the L bend forward mountings. I think it won't work period, don't know anybody that got it to work. I do think moving the O2 behind the second cat will work...