Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 02-17-2014, 12:45 PM   #15
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Old 02-17-2014, 01:31 PM   #16
Frost

Drives: GM anything
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad70supreme View Post
.... and when I pulled the belt off and on it just happen to start making this noise....

It's already been said in this thread... you don't take the A/C belt and put it back on; if you take it off you must replace it. That's how it's made and was the intention when designed.
Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 05:36 PM   #17
AnUnarmedMan

Drives: 2013 LS
Is it your wife? Mine whines every time I talk about my car lol!!!!!
Old 02-18-2014, 12:53 AM   #18
PQ
Booooosted.

I reused my AC belt just fine.
Old 02-18-2014, 08:15 AM   #19
Frost

Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
I reused my AC belt just fine.
Cool, but it's a one-time use belt and it's designed to be replaced once removed. Well over half of them that get re-used squeal and/or have other A/C problems. It's great that yours worked, but it's not really something you should probably advise people to do, since most will have a problem afterwards.
Old 02-18-2014, 08:34 AM   #20
AKA-22

Drives: ELLE-1
interesting ..
Old 02-18-2014, 11:19 AM   #21
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frost View Post
Cool, but it's a one-time use belt and it's designed to be replaced once removed. Well over half of them that get re-used squeal and/or have other A/C problems. It's great that yours worked, but it's not really something you should probably advise people to do, since most will have a problem afterwards.
Wait.............. I DID have problems with the AC going warm in really hot weather. It would go warm then blow cold when the sun went down. (interestingly enough the sun would go down and the outside temps still be the same or even in a tunnel the AC would blow cold) The belt never squealed or anything. Surely my problem wasn't due to reusing that belt? I'd be surprised but I suppose it's possible.

Threadjack........... sorry, I'm done.
Old 02-18-2014, 04:36 PM   #22
Frost

Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Wait.............. I DID have problems with the AC going warm in really hot weather. It would go warm then blow cold when the sun went down. (interestingly enough the sun would go down and the outside temps still be the same or even in a tunnel the AC would blow cold) The belt never squealed or anything. Surely my problem wasn't due to reusing that belt? I'd be surprised but I suppose it's possible.

Threadjack........... sorry, I'm done.
That happened to us back in spring / summer of 2010 when we were doing our first 5th gen installs. The first one didn't squeal at all, but had problems with the A/C temp being warm/hot when it should have been ice cold.
Old 02-18-2014, 04:53 PM   #23
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
That happened to us back in spring / summer of 2010 when we were doing our first 5th gen installs. The first one didn't squeal at all, but had problems with the A/C temp being warm/hot when it should have been ice cold.
Damn. I'll never do that again. haha
Old 02-20-2014, 03:54 PM   #24
BFASTNOTLAST

Drives: 2012 SS LS3
Quote:
Interesting.... I've re-used mine twice and wondered why my AC never seemed to be cold enough. Thanks, learn something new every day.
BFASTNOTLAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 12:08 PM   #25
LonDowell

Drives: 2012 SS/RS
oh boy... I converted my l99 to LS3 and put in a CAM. Love it, BUT, today I turned on the A/C and it worked OK for a while... Then, slowly got warmer and warmer. Heard a sound like a "howl" from the engine bay. Turned off and on the A/C over the next twenty minutes and sure enough, it would be cold for a while, then warm...

They mentioned that they would have to replace the stuff that is used instead of Freon these days... No mention of a belt replacement. It is at the dealer now looking into the A/CC issue. I'm hoping they don't come back at me with an issue with warr...
LonDowell is offline   Reply With Quote