Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 07-13-2020, 09:53 AM   #267
Gbland60

Drives: 2015 z28 Black w/ac #645
We can't. Ive done checked when you first got yours. I still have the set of MPS CUP N-SPEC (lol) on my other wheels. You probably already blew thru yours by now.
Gbland60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 11:20 AM   #268
pat_t

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gbland60 View Post
We can't. Ive done checked when you first got yours. I still have the set of MPS CUP N-SPEC (lol) on my other wheels. You probably already blew thru yours by now.
Yep my MPS CUPs are done, still attached to my OEM wheels though. I need to get them taken off, then I plan to refurb the OEM wheels in a gold/bronze colour, and probably get a second set of these Dunlops fitted in their place
pat_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 02:15 PM   #269
pat_t

Old 08-19-2020, 03:21 PM   #270
craZed

Drives: Z/28 15 AGM
Especially the POV and point-by clips
craZed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 06:24 AM   #271
pat_t

Quote:
Originally Posted by craZed View Post
Especially the POV and point-by clips
Thanks, the POV is something I'm still working on. I'm nervous about fixing a camera to helmet as I have heard of several head injuries caused that way as it's not something the helmets are typically designed for in an accident.

So that clip was gathered with a cheap set of 720p camera glasses, worn inside my helmet. A few clips came out ok but I couldn't get a whole lap as the video/audio kept losing sync and playing at the wrong speed. But at least it proved off the concept, so I am now on the lookout for a more premium pair of 1080p camera glasses!
Old 08-31-2020, 01:31 PM   #272
pat_t

Had the car out today for the first time in ages.

Also fitted a third fixed bucket seat in the back! 😁

And finally, one more dope pic from the 'Ring trip I've purchased.
Attached Images

Old 09-07-2020, 10:04 AM   #273
olblue75

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
PM’d and money sent.
1LE Front sway bar, Splitter, shocks and struts, Z28 dual mode mufflers, Intake, UCA Bushings, and Toresen 3.91 Diff. 1 piece DSS Drive Shaft, ZL1/C7 Calipers, and 32mm JPSS Rear Bar. ASC race spec splitter and wicker. 6th Gen M017 Wheels. Stainless Works 1 7/8 LTs. DSE and PAFDT Suspension components.
olblue75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 10:09 AM   #274
olblue75

That last Ring pic is so cool the car goes from in focus to outta focus over the length of the car that is a very cool affect.
1LE Front sway bar, Splitter, shocks and struts, Z28 dual mode mufflers, Intake, UCA Bushings, and Toresen 3.91 Diff. 1 piece DSS Drive Shaft, ZL1/C7 Calipers, and 32mm JPSS Rear Bar. ASC race spec splitter and wicker. 6th Gen M017 Wheels. Stainless Works 1 7/8 LTs. DSE and PAFDT Suspension components.
Old 09-08-2020, 07:37 AM   #275
ronchev

Drives: 14' Red Z/28 #336
PM sent
ronchev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 03:49 AM   #276
olblue75

Any word from Pat hope he’s doing well?
Old 03-01-2021, 07:26 AM   #277
pat_t

Quote:
Originally Posted by olblue75 View Post
Any word from Pat hope he’s doing well?
Yes I'm very well thanks. Sorry for the lack of updates, covid19 has meant nothing has really happened with the car over winter and all the tracks are still shut. So like many of you (I guess?) I've been spending time and money on home improvements instead.

This meant the garage I keep the car in got a nice new roof and I also invested in some nice new flooring! I'm very pleased with how it's turned out, and it's a great environment for me to continue with my Electric Mini Minus project.

There is light at the end of the covid tunnel however, I have trackday confirmed at Spa Francorchamps in July, and most of the UK circuits I think will be opening at the start of April. Very much looking forward to the beginning of the new driving season.

I hope all on Camaro5 have managed to remain in good health.
Attached Images

Old 03-12-2021, 05:25 AM   #278
pat_t

Pulled the trigger on a Lithium battery at last. Hoping to have it by the end of the month.

Specs are here:
https://www.deadweightindustries.co....ucts/touge-max

I will post an update when I've fitted it including the confirmed weight savings and how the car cranks/starts!
Old 07-12-2021, 04:50 AM   #279
pat_t

Thinking of selling

Thought I'd let you guys know, I'm thinking of selling #238 at the end of the summer.

Prices are strong right now, and Covid19 has really meant I've hardly had any opportunity to use the car over the past two years. But the main reason is that I also have my my eye on another car that has always appealed to me as a mix of performance, noise and practicality and has recently fallen into financial reach. A Ferrari FF!

Anyway the reason for my post is twofold, firstly in case there is anyone out there who really really likes the car as it is, and would be interested in purchasing it 'as it is' optimised for serious track work. I'm happy to assist with shipping the car back to USA or worldwide. If so please register your interest with me and we could start talking, because otherwise my plan is to bring the car back to a more 'standard' and easily saleable condition, and possibly un-wrap it.

Secondly, if I do end up returning it to closer to standard, there may be a lot of my spare, custom and aftermarket parts available for sale separately:

- carbon steering wheel setup, possibly Moreno V2 camber plates, PFADT rear toe arms, maybe Sparco seats, some LS7 engine internal parts, customised headlights, wheel spacers & adaptors, spare clutch & flywheel, lightweight bracket parts etc.

I'll create a dedicated For Sale post for these should the time come and make sure I offer them in this forum first before they go on wider sale.

Car currently has <9500 miles on it.
Old 07-14-2021, 01:40 PM   #280
olblue75

Might be interested in some of the lightened parts if price is right.