Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > USA - Florida

AWE Tuning

Old 02-03-2020, 03:47 PM   #1
ThirdGenNut

Drives: 2020 LT1
Looking for cheap painter in clearwater/st pete area.

Looking for cheap painter in clearwater/st pete area. Just picked up some rocker extentions and chin spoiler. need to get them shot. Looking to spend under $150. paintcode 8555.
Going to try MAACO if this doesnt work.
ThirdGenNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 03:41 PM   #2
ScatPack
Banned

Drives: None at the moment
Please dont. MAACO will leave you with horrible fisheyes in the paint as well as the worlds worst orange peel. And you will probably have clear runners as well. Just call a local to you body shop and see what they will charge. Dont cheap out.
ScatPack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 08:46 PM   #3
Jaxcam02

Drives: 2017 Silverado/2017 ZL1
Do not go cheap. It's hard to find a good painter.
Old 02-10-2020, 12:17 PM   #4
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
I've lived in Tampa a long time and have used multiple guys - none of whom I would recommend! I think they Huff all their ingredients and their Brains have melted. They also were issued the 1,001 Excuses on why the work isn't done yet Book before they opened their business.

Might want to get your pieces wrapped!
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 03:32 PM   #5
ThirdGenNut

Drives: 2020 LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
I've lived in Tampa a long time and have used multiple guys - none of whom I would recommend! I think they Huff all their ingredients and their Brains have melted. They also were issued the 1,001 Excuses on why the work isn't done yet Book before they opened their business.

Might want to get your pieces wrapped!
I will consider it. First estimate I got was for $450. $150 was to install the rockers. Thats $5 a screw and they are self tappers!!!

I have had a guy shoot an entire hood for that price... it was done in a his garage and looked Flawless.
ThirdGenNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 09:25 PM   #6
Dave-ROR

Drives: A few
In Tampa but Airport Body Shop. Guy's name is Willie. Speak spanish for an extra discount. His shop is over on Hale Ave. Pro tip: Enjoy some breakfast at Mom's Place or Dad and Sons after dropping off parts

He resprays all of our salvage rebuilds and we have had no complaints. He will want a sample piece (we just bring a crashed fender from the car but a gas door lid etc would work also) so he can make sure he's matching the paint well (since the color code only gets close as paint fades over time).
HPDE/DD: 2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE || HPDE/DD: 2015 Subaru BRZ ||Tow Vehicle: 2004 GMC Sierra 2500 8.1L || Weekend toy: 1994 MR2 Turbo || The other weekend toy: 1993 MR2 Turbo || Track car: 1998 Integra Type-R || Race car: 1996 Integra GS-R || New race car build: 1992 Honda Civic Hatchback

Too many cars.. never.
Dave-ROR is offline   Reply With Quote