Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-15-2019, 06:25 PM   #1
torakki SS

Drives: Chevy Camaro SS
Easy question - Oil pressure sensor?

I just got a code p0523 for oil pressure sensor. I'm trying to remove the sensor but don't know how to unplug the connection. It's hard to see so I'm going mostly by feel. Here's a pic of it, and a pic of a similar connector. The white part moves up and down but doesn't seem to release the plug. Little help?

Thanks
Attached Images

torakki SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 06:42 PM   #2
15RS2NV
Ponies are for girls

Drives: 2015 RS LFX Red Hot A6
In the 'similar to' pic, use a small screwdriver to press in the small piece in the middle of the white tab. Then, at the same time pull the white tab out. The using your thumb, press the center of the black tab (you should hear a click) and pull off.

There are other things i'd check before you go replacing that. Potential causes of a P0523 code include: High oil pressure (mechanical oil pump fault) High pressure due to obstruction/restriction in oil passage(s) Wrong engine oil used Faulty wiring or connection/connector in the oil pressure sender circuit Faulty oil pressure sender/sensor

Check your oil - is it over filled? When was it changed last? What oil was put in? Odds are, it's NOT your sensor.
H&R 1.8/1.7” drop, Overkill 80mm + intake ported by AFS, 1" insulator MACE, Accel Super Coils, THR cai, JET MAF sensor, Hurst shifter handle, GPP strut tower brace, CI ice cube tray hood vents (functional) @SemperFiCamaro
15RS2NV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 06:49 PM   #3
InFiD3ViL

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS LS3 Swapped A6
Yea, it is a bitch to get blind. I had to swap mine recently after it failed right after my engine swap. I got tired of messing with it and just removed the intake manifold since I have the fuel line disconnect tool. It was so much easier than cutting my hands to shreds. It took about 30 minutes that way.
2010 CGM Camaro 2SS LS3 Swapped A6 - GPI LS3 SS1 .647/.638, (224/237, 112 +4, 7º overlap) on CamMotion 8620 core, BTR Platinum .660" Dual Spring kit w/titanium retainers, CHE bronze trunnion upgrade, stock heads milled @ .015, Melling HV 10296 oil pump, TSP 1-7/8" long tube headers (W/Catless Off-road Pipes), Corsa Xtreme 3" Catback, GPI Ported/Rod Mod Intake, Stage 2 Ported Throttle Body, Vararam OTR CAI, Mike Norris Gen 2 catch can + GM 1LE clean side separator, 160º thermostat - Megan Racing adjustable coilovers (lowered 1.75"), MRR M017 10/11" wheels-Tuned by Ryan @ GPI
InFiD3ViL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 07:15 PM   #4
Greenhornet2

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS LS3 Whipple
Once you slide the white clip back. You should be able to squeeze the plug, black plastic part and pull it off. It only squeezes a little bit and they can be tough especially when there isnt much room
Whipple 2.9 CAI ID1050x injectors ZL1 Pump JRE FPCM JMS Voltage booster JRE Rough Idle blower cam BTR .660 springs CHE trunnion kit 1 7/8 Speed Engineering Borla Atak JRE scoop 1.5" lowering springs BMR trailing arms and toe links Cradle inserts 704WHP 603WTQ 93 octane
Greenhornet2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 03:12 PM   #5
torakki SS

Yes! I got the connector off. I only had to pull the white part up all the way. Then, as you said, push in the black part and the connector came off.
Not sure how to check the oil pump for pressure. No gauge in the car. Oil level is a small amount over the max on the stick. Maybe 1/8" to 1/4". We just got the car with unknown history. Oil looks to be change very recently. Very clean and light colored.
I'll remove the sensor (once I go buy a 27mm deep socket) and check for resistance, before buying a new one. Thanks for the help. I figured it was an easy question.
Old 12-19-2019, 03:59 PM   #6
torakki SS

Result: Tested the sensor on my meter and seemed bad. Got a new sensor, it tested the same but after erasing the code, the light stays off. So, it was the sensor and I don't know how to test.
Thanks for the input.
Old 12-19-2019, 05:41 PM   #7
Greenhornet2

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS LS3 Whipple
Lol good deal
Whipple 2.9 CAI ID1050x injectors ZL1 Pump JRE FPCM JMS Voltage booster JRE Rough Idle blower cam BTR .660 springs CHE trunnion kit 1 7/8 Speed Engineering Borla Atak JRE scoop 1.5" lowering springs BMR trailing arms and toe links Cradle inserts 704WHP 603WTQ 93 octane
Greenhornet2 is offline   Reply With Quote