Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-11-2023, 06:14 PM   #1
Buddy Shagmore

Drives: '23 LT1 & '16 GMC Canyon
Senior deadline met!

Can't call it a midlife crisis, as midlife is well behind me now. I ordered a new LT1 coupe in Vivid Orange today from a local dealer, Rydell Chevrolet in Northridge CA. Salesman Bob Torres made me feel comfortable right away. He assured me that they had an allocation open, could build to my specs, and no added bs "market adjustment". MSRP is the max I will pay.
So I sat down and he checked off the boxes from my spec sheet, asked for a $500 refundable deposit, and said it will be at least 4 months out, and possibly up to 9 months. No sweat, gives me time to scrounge up the scratch in order to pay cash.
Options I selected: auto trans, satin black spider stripes, performance wheel center caps, orange brake calipers, 5 split spoke black forged wheels, jet black interior, red seat belts, Tech Package, RS Package, dual mode exhausts. MSRP 45380.
I feel like I am going Full Circle, coming back to my roots. My first car was a '66 Chevelle SS396, in 1969. Back to a Chevy performance car! No transportation appliances (EV) thank you. This will be my last...and best car ever!
Buddy Shagmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2023, 11:28 PM   #2
Jofu

Drives: 2022 Wild Cherry ZL1 1LE
Hmmm… If they indeed have an allocation open, then I don’t see how it could take 4-9 months for you to get it. 2 or maybe 3 months top, I would think, especially that production is getting closer to normal again (except for specific trims like ZL1 1LE for example).

Maybe I’m wrong, and others can confirm that LT1 cars take this long

Geoff
Jofu is offline   Reply With Quote