Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

AWE Tuning

Old 05-12-2022, 09:23 PM   #15
MhbGtb

Drives: 2020 Camaro ss 1le
If someone can convince Rob Parsons to put something together for the 6th gen it would be awesome for the community. Rob is a true innovator a jedi master #chairslayer group buy
https://cagekits.org/
MhbGtb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 06:48 AM   #16
20Bluezl1

Drives: 2020 Zl1 A10 Riverside Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by MhbGtb View Post
If someone can convince Rob Parsons to put something together for the 6th gen it would be awesome for the community. Rob is a true innovator a jedi master #chairslayer group buy
Wow definitely looks bad ass how he designs a cage. Wish he had one for our cars already.
20Bluezl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 07:00 AM   #17
That1guy_tim

Drives: Camaro 1ss
Quote:
I full back this post. Chairslayer stuff is out of this world!
Old 05-13-2022, 09:21 AM   #18
Rwhp042

Drives: 2021 ZL1 1LE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20Bluezl1 View Post
Yea it does but they should definitely say not meant for race seats if it's not. And they do mention hans and harness. SO obviously you can't use that with OEM seats.
I have the CMS bar with stock seats, Hans, and 6-point harness. Works fine. You have to have sub-belt bars and unhook 2 clips on the underside of seat flap to allow the sub-belt through the seat. The collars are a good idea.
Rwhp042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 10:40 AM   #19
20Bluezl1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwhp042 View Post
I have the CMS bar with stock seats, Hans, and 6-point harness. Works fine. You have to have sub-belt bars and unhook 2 clips on the underside of seat flap to allow the sub-belt through the seat. The collars are a good idea.
I'm not using oem seats I have Racetech seats and doesn't line up correctly at all. CMS should specify that they can only be used with oem seats if that's the case.
Attached Images

Old 05-13-2022, 02:41 PM   #20
synolimit

Drives: 22 ZL1 1LE A10
yeah that sucks. i mean in cage design that shouldnt be like that but i understand people want the seats in or these carpet cover pieces etc and the ease of install. the back bars shouldnt also go down to the floor or seat area like that. they should be way up on the strut towers like this...and for $2200 plus possible shipping and tax a shop could do this for half the cost. at least thats what i paid for this design in 1.75" .090 DOM, no paint.

its a main hoop up and over
x brace through the main
horizontal brace through the main for belts
strut tower supports for the main
x brace for the strut towers
and rear tower brace.
$1100
Attached Images

synolimit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 03:14 PM   #21
20Bluezl1

Quote:
Originally Posted by synolimit View Post
yeah that sucks. i mean in cage design that shouldnt be like that but i understand people want the seats in or these carpet cover pieces etc and the ease of install. the back bars shouldnt also go down to the floor or seat area like that. they should be way up on the strut towers like this...and for $2200 plus possible shipping and tax a shop could do this for half the cost. at least thats what i paid for this design in 1.75" .090 DOM, no paint.

its a main hoop up and over
x brace through the main
horizontal brace through the main for belts
strut tower supports for the main
x brace for the strut towers
and rear tower brace.
$1100
Yea it sucks, I'm going to have to see if I keep my car as a full out track car and get a full weld in cage or just live with this one. CMS still hasn't replied to my email
Old 05-13-2022, 05:11 PM   #22
MhbGtb

Drives: 2020 Camaro ss 1le
The racetech seat appears to be the wide version? That might be exacerbating the problem with regards to the harness location?
MhbGtb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 05:40 PM   #23
20Bluezl1

Quote:
The racetech seat appears to be the wide version? That might be exacerbating the problem with regards to the harness location?
Regular seat on the driver side and wide on the passenger. Plus the only measurement that changes between them is bottom to shoulder wing and overall height
Attached Images

Old 05-13-2022, 07:58 PM   #24
synolimit

Drives: 22 ZL1 1LE A10
Quote:
Yea it sucks, I'm going to have to see if I keep my car as a full out track car and get a full weld in cage or just live with this one. CMS still hasn't replied to my email
honestly i think you'll be fine. in a real cash i cant say because thats no were near FIA compliant but to hold you in etc i think you'll be fine. belts need replaced every 5 years anyways so if the belts showing signs of wearing out rubbing on that plastic piece then just replace early. however i think with you sitting in the seat your shoulders and neck will keep it right were it needs to go.
synolimit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 08:28 PM   #25
20Bluezl1

Quote:
Originally Posted by synolimit View Post
honestly i think you'll be fine. in a real cash i cant say because thats no were near FIA compliant but to hold you in etc i think you'll be fine. belts need replaced every 5 years anyways so if the belts showing signs of wearing out rubbing on that plastic piece then just replace early. however i think with you sitting in the seat your shoulders and neck will keep it right were it needs to go.
That's what I'm thinking and the Hans device will help also.
Old 05-14-2022, 06:05 AM   #26
That1guy_tim

Sell it buy an RPM roll bar.
Old 05-14-2022, 09:39 AM   #27
20Bluezl1

Quote:
Originally Posted by That1guy_tim View Post
Sell it buy an RPM roll bar.
I think after this experience I would need to go with something custom that fits in the car prefect and have no issues with harness.

On the other hand the RPM cage looks like that the outside bar hits the outside harness also. Or maybe it's just an illusion from the pictures.
Attached Images

Old 05-15-2022, 07:19 AM   #28
That1guy_tim

Quote:
I think after this experience I would need to go with something custom that fits in the car prefect and have no issues with harness.

On the other hand the RPM cage looks like that the outside bar hits the outside harness also. Or maybe it's just an illusion from the pictures.
it's an illusion. the harness would either bolt to those two "nubs" if you choose to go that route. Or i wrapped my harness between the two nubs see in the picture.