#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-30-2022, 08:02 PM   #15
Z OH 6

Drives: 2021 Red Hot ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8 View Post
So you had different results then. I am surprised at your results as running the wild set up bypasses the factory separator under the blower, so pretty much your only separation is the can. With running the regular set up with any can you use the can plus the factory set up under the blower. I would never recommend bypassing the factory separator as that's an important feature.

I'm not affiliated with either company, and received no compensation from the company. I did purchase both catch cans, and was surprised at the results. I did contemplate for quite a while about even posting it, as I don't want to make anyone look bad, but the results are what they are.

You are lucky if you are filtering that well, but I suspect most likely you are just venting everything out, factory vehicles will never produce the pressures that your 700whp produces, and thus will rarely vent, so they will be forced to recirculate the air and filter as best they can.

I expected a response like this. Not affiliated huh?
Z OH 6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2022, 08:33 PM   #16
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro1973 View Post
Wait …. They told me i would get 72 virgins aT the end of the rainbow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZIROC View Post
Male virgins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z OH 6 View Post
My results are the same as Z OH 6. I pulled my blower off after 2 years of running with the MM Wild so that I could send my Whipple off to Kong for porting, and it was exceptionally clean. Also, making 1130 HP at the crank and still on the LT1 crank seal… good luck making that happen with the Elite can.
Old 04-30-2022, 08:51 PM   #17
LiqTenExp

Drives: 2017 ZL1
I like my solution better... run water/methanol - no build up it, cleans as it goes, nothing to empty
Old 04-30-2022, 10:14 PM   #18
Chippy
BanHamWatch

Drives: 21 ZL1 1LE
Well I’m stock running the regular MM and have no oil either, also my Twitter ban has been rescinded since the purchase.
Old 04-30-2022, 10:30 PM   #19
v8

Drives: 19 Z06
Quote:
Nope not affiliated at all, I paid for my products and will gladly do another review if I can find something else. I did include the APEX catch can in the video as well, but there is no comment on that one?

Like I said, I debated for quite a while before I even posted the video. I commend you on your build. My vehicle is stock except for the catch can so my vehicle would not vent like yours, as I won't have the pressures you have.

I don't want to look like I'm promoting videos, but I did do a video on catch can design backed with research/patents from major manufacturers, as well as engineering studies, and I don't promote any catch can or company (I actually mention the Provent), its all about design and what we as car enthusiasts should be looking for when we spend our hard earned money.

If the Mightymouse did better you may say I'm affiliated with them, but I'm not. BTW - I did do multiple videos showcasing the MM, and installing it, so I am impartial. If you want me to post the design video let me know and I can post it for you. I think anyone considering spending their hard earned cash should conduct some research.

I'm sorry you feel that way, but I believe its only because you are not happy with the results in my video. I'll gladly engage in any constructive dialog with any car enthusiast because at the end of the day we all want to make our cars better, and we all get in trouble from the other 1/2 from spending too much money on them

Cheers
2009 Mustang GT convertible
2012 45th 2SS Vert
2013 ZL1 M6
2014 Zl1 M6
2014 GT500
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6

www.youtube.com/c/garageking

v8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2022, 10:32 PM   #20
v8

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiqTenExp View Post
I like my solution better... run water/methanol - no build up it, cleans as it goes, nothing to empty
2012 45th 2SS Vert
2013 ZL1 M6
2014 Zl1 M6
2014 GT500

Old 05-01-2022, 08:08 AM   #21
Joshinator99

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiqTenExp View Post
Not true… you have to empty a container of methanol into your car to refill it…
Old 05-01-2022, 08:25 AM   #22
Z OH 6

Quote:
Nope not affiliated at all, I paid for my products and will gladly do another review if I can find something else. I did include the APEX catch can in the video as well, but there is no comment on that one?

Like I said, I debated for quite a while before I even posted the video. I commend you on your build. My vehicle is stock except for the catch can so my vehicle would not vent like yours, as I won't have the pressures you have.

I don't want to look like I'm promoting videos, but I did do a video on catch can design backed with research/patents from major manufacturers, as well as engineering studies, and I don't promote any catch can or company (I actually mention the Provent), its all about design and what we as car enthusiasts should be looking for when we spend our hard earned money.

If the Mightymouse did better you may say I'm affiliated with them, but I'm not. BTW - I did do multiple videos showcasing the MM, and installing it, so I am impartial. If you want me to post the design video let me know and I can post it for you. I think anyone considering spending their hard earned cash should conduct some research.

I'm sorry you feel that way, but I believe its only because you are not happy with the results in my video. I'll gladly engage in any constructive dialog with any car enthusiast because at the end of the day we all want to make our cars better, and we all get in trouble from the other 1/2 from spending too much money on them

Cheers
I am not unhappy with anything, your video just doesn't really represent the truth either. I'm quite happy with the Mighty Mouse as well and everyone else that runs one. If you want to use the Elite, more power to you, just stop with the silly statement and promotion that Elite is the best. Or maybe you're just looking for YouTube hits with a controversial topic.
Old 05-01-2022, 08:33 AM   #23
Joshinator99

Quote:
Or maybe you're just looking for YouTube hits with a controversial topic.
Now we’re getting somewhere…
Old 05-01-2022, 08:35 AM   #24
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshinator99 View Post
Not true… you have to empty a container of methanol into your car to refill it…
Agreed...and how even is the distribution to each cylinder?
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2022, 10:47 AM   #25
Puddin

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Just a heads up man. There are several people on here that don't like the whole youtube thing especially if your results don't line up with theirs regardless who's results are right or wrong. They gave Lethal a bunch of flack too back when he was on here.
Puddin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2022, 10:49 AM   #26
Z OH 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddin View Post
Just a heads up man. There are several people on here that don't like the whole youtube thing especially if your results don't line up with theirs regardless who's results are right or wrong. They gave Lethal a bunch of flack too back when he was on here.
Nothing to do with results not lining up with anyone. Promoting YouTube channels should not be allowed. OP chose a controversial subject which is certain to generate more hits.
Old 05-01-2022, 10:50 AM   #27
v8

Quote:
I am not unhappy with anything, your video just doesn't really represent the truth either. I'm quite happy with the Mighty Mouse as well and everyone else that runs one. If you want to use the Elite, more power to you, just stop with the silly statement and promotion that Elite is the best. Or maybe you're just looking for YouTube hits with a controversial topic.
I'm sorry you feel that way, and I never said Elite was the best, so I'm not sure where you got that from. Also I don't know how you can say that everyone who runs a MM is happy with their can unless you have spoken to each purchaser? There is no silly statement, or promotion, the truth was shown in the video. It is what it is, and I'm sorry you are not happy with the results. I have absolutely no reason to sway the results. I was going to report which one did better, and the results of who did better really didn't matter to me.

I was thinking about the comments last night, and in one of my videos I researched the society of automobile engineers (SAE) and the best way to reduce valve deposits and oil accumulation is to delete the PCV. That lead me to possibly understand where you are coming from, as I want to understand.

Your comments, along with another supporting the MM were coming from high horsepower builds, and we know that high horsepower builds do a lot of venting, and that supports the fact that the LT4 does not loose its front seal with the MM. So a high horsepower build with the MM may be eliminating the PCV in most cases and that's why you have a clean engine. Now in stock engines this is not the case as our cars don't produce those pressures, and therefore would not require venting (or it would be rare). So for a stock car you really rely on the cans performance, where on a performance build you don't so much if you are using the MM as you are venting. My theory, and I would be interested in your opinion.

You have your results for a built engine, and I have shared my results for a stock engine. I can't say what the results would be for a built engine like yours, as I have no reference for that, just as you have no reference for the results that would occur on a stock engine.

As for the comment about trying to get views on a controversial topic that is false. The truth is these catch can videos don't get a lot of views, as youtube does not seem to suggest them suggest them. Probably because they are very specialized, and the audience is small. For the super popular Youtubers they may get a lot of views as Youtube will promote whatever they put out, good or bad. For the average youtuber you don't get many views with this kind of stuff. This video does not have a lot views, so in terms of earnings its negligible on my channel.

I'm always looking to learn more, and knowledge is a good thing, but to call my results untruthful is not right as you have no reference to how a MM performs on a stock engine. You are creating a fallacy by comparing my results to your results on your built engine.

I respect your position, but please don't call me untruthful. I have never called you out on your claim. I took you at your word as I feel you would have no reason to lie, but I'm very interested to know how you can have a clean engine and I think my theory discussed earlier is correct. I'm very impartial and always want to learn and understand more. I'm being respectful when I say this but you seem to be one sided without much merit to your claim. Have you had any experience with any other catch cans? I own multiple brands of catch cans, as I like testing and figuring them out, so no one can say I'm brand loyal.

If you have any questions please let me know, and if you would like the links to any of my research videos I would gladly share them, and remember, my research videos are not my personal opinions. I'm impartial and just report what I have found from reputable sources. If you watch them and don't agree, then you would be disagreeing with the engineers from GM, Porsche, Toyota, Honda etc. I'm not smarter than them, and I don't think you are either.

Hope you are enjoying your weekend, and I don't mean to rattle your chain at all
2012 45th 2SS Vert
2013 ZL1 M6
2014 Zl1 M6
2014 GT500

Old 05-01-2022, 11:04 AM   #28
v8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddin View Post
Thanks Brother

Quote:
Nothing to do with results not lining up with anyone. Promoting YouTube channels should not be allowed. OP chose a controversial subject which is certain to generate more hits.
Respectfully, I believe it is about the results for you. I don't take sides with brands and you are. I always like to engage in constructive dialog, and even have a theory about your position I just posted. I did not write you off, I tried to understand why you said what you said.

Also regarding the number of hits this video will get, its not much. This may be controversial to us, but its just not a hot topic in the Youtube universe. This is not that important LOL Ask any person about a catch can and unless they are a car nut they wont know what it is. Believe me, catch cans are not that important on Youtube. I would get way more views creating a detailing video, but I want to share the information that I learned.
2012 45th 2SS Vert
2013 ZL1 M6
2014 Zl1 M6
2014 GT500

Tags
catch can, elite engineering catch can, mightymouse