Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

Phastek Performance

Old 03-28-2022, 09:15 AM   #1
Alexj100

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro 1SS
Help installing Sway Bars

I’m in the process of installing GMs lowering and handling kits. The rear sway bar specifically says to torque down the links at curb height using jack stands. It doesn’t say what curb height is supposed to be or how exactly to do this. Anyone know how to go about this? TIA
Alexj100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2022, 09:31 AM   #2
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
What I might recommend trying to do, is have jack stands placed under the car, but not necessarily have the car resting on them. Then, if you care, and your car has them, remove the lower control arm plastic deflectors, and use a pair of jacks, under each control arm, to lift high enough to get the weight of the rear of the car fully on the jacks. Then, re-adjust the stands so they can save you if the car slips-off a jack or a jack fails, to keep the car from falling on you (you might consider using one of the rear jack points referenced in the Owner's Manual). After the car's safe/secure, torque the fasteners to spec.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2022, 11:34 AM   #3
Baddawg53

Drives: 17 hyper blue 2SS M6
You could always use wheel cribs, so the weight of the car is on the wheels, and it's pretty safe. I've jacked up a wheel just enough so it's almost taken all the weight off the jack stand, did that to set ride height a little faster. Sounds like they want it tightened down similar to how you clock bushings, I can't remember what the stock endlinks look like, but I also don't remember it having a rubber bushing on top.
Attached Images

Baddawg53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2022, 01:50 AM   #4
Alexj100

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
What I might recommend trying to do, is have jack stands placed under the car, but not necessarily have the car resting on them. Then, if you care, and your car has them, remove the lower control arm plastic deflectors, and use a pair of jacks, under each control arm, to lift high enough to get the weight of the rear of the car fully on the jacks. Then, re-adjust the stands so they can save you if the car slips-off a jack or a jack fails, to keep the car from falling on you (you might consider using one of the rear jack points referenced in the Owner's Manual). After the car's safe/secure, torque the fasteners to spec.
Thanks, just got it done appreciate the help!
Alexj100 is offline   Reply With Quote