Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 08-27-2021, 11:15 AM   #43
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
The "any publicity is good publicity" adage might apply here, but I'm afraid a 18 hp bump after 6 model years wouldn't exactly be taken too kindly or seriously by the automotive media.

Especially if there was no measurable perfomance difference

Firecracker Red Wrangler Willys, 3.6L eTorque, 850RE 8 speed automatic, 25W Willys package, Technology Group, Convenience Group (aka $600 garage door opener), Cold weather Group, Trailer Tow and HD electric group with AUX switches, 3 piece black freedom top.
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2021, 11:42 AM   #44
V8 Firebird

Drives: ⚡Electric TM3 ⚡
Sounds like a little powertrain enhancement.
Old 08-27-2021, 11:50 AM   #45
WhiteMale

Drives: 23 ZL1 A10 Rapid Blue
18 HP...STOP THE PRESSES...
WhiteMale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2021, 11:59 AM   #46
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
At what HP increase would they have to redo their EPA numbers

Firecracker Red Wrangler Willys, 3.6L eTorque, 850RE 8 speed automatic, 25W Willys package, Technology Group, Convenience Group (aka $600 garage door opener), Cold weather Group, Trailer Tow and HD electric group with AUX switches, 3 piece black freedom top.
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2021, 12:00 PM   #47
CHerna

Drives: 2022 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
Dodge and Ford invest in their cars and have the sales to show for it. GM is content to let the Camaro rot until EVs take over. GM is a no longer a brand for enthusiasts. The Corvette is too iconic to kill off and Cadillac just rehashed the previous gen V series.
EV's are the future whether we like it or not. Consider the current muscle/pony cars dead with this current generation, or we will certainly watch them become electric. The Hemi's days are numbered, and Ford has already said the Mustang will become an EV. FCA is excellent at using off the shelf parts to create new buzz models for their super old platforms. They manage to sell a lot of cars because they are incredibly cheap to lease, and because they put a ton of money on the hood.

Previous: Challenger Scat Pack Widebody
CHerna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2021, 02:33 PM   #48
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
Dodge and Ford invest in their cars and have the sales to show for it. GM is content to let the Camaro rot until EVs take over. GM is a no longer a brand for enthusiasts. The Corvette is too iconic to kill off and Cadillac just rehashed the previous gen V series.
IMO, Stallantis has invested in powertrains to cover up a 15 year old car. Not really what I'd call investing but yes, more than GM. Ford, yes they sort of rehashed the GT350 with the Bullitt, put the parts in a box and shook it up to come up with an over priced Mach 1. So, I agree they have done more than GM but not by much.

The only reason the Camaro is "rotting" is simply no matter what they do, they know they will be doing it to the worst coupe of the 3. Maybe if they had done a new interior it might have moved the needle, but again, as I've said many times, it's still a car with limited appeal due to the rear seat, trunk space and the ever popular, limited visibility. GM knows that any "investment" or "expense" will not really sell more Camaros due to the limited market they knew ahead of time they were catering to. And to remind everyone, GM did not go ask people who rejected the Gen5 why they didn't buy a Camaro, they went to the group that DID buy Gen5 Camaros and ask them what they wanted. MOHRRRRR!! was the answer and that is exactly what we got. An awesome car was the result, best in the segment for the performance editions. Just limited appeal with the sales they should have expected.

You must be reading different reviews than I am on the new V Blackwings. Both are getting RAVE reviews. Both have better engines, better chassis and an improved car all around to go with it. So maybe going from Alpha 1 to Alpha 2 is a rehash in your book, but there is enough there for me to qualify as more than a just a rehash.

As for where GM lands on EVs and performance, we have to wait and see. I have an idea we will be pleasantly surprised. Unfortunately that surprise is probably at least 2 if not 3 years away. And hopefully by then, range, charging time etc., have really become a non-issue and the car that ultimately replaces the Camaro can be judged on it's own merit.
Old 08-27-2021, 06:13 PM   #49
willzilla
D3RPZILLA

Drives: 2021 Camaro ZL1 a10
Would be nice if Chevy did do a 7th gen Camaro but offer both gas and EV trims for it. Best of both worlds. Regular gas and forced induction versions and then a couple sweet eCrate trim variations to please the eco kids.

And also release a Chevelle or something EV sedan.. call it the ChEVelle, lol (and NOT make the Camaro into an EV sedan).

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
willzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2021, 07:40 PM   #50
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Also Gen 4 MR shocks and carbon ceramic brakes from the Blackwing. Gen 4 is getting very good reviews. CC brakes will be huge on the track.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/news/a3...wing-upgrades/
Old 08-27-2021, 08:21 PM   #51
RamAir02
Shadow Gray '19 ZLE M6

Drives: '19 ZL1 1LE M6
I am holding my breath for synthetic fuel to save us.

I know. I am likely to suffocate.
PPF | Paint Correction | ZL1 Addons Rock Guards | ZL1 Addons Lift Pads | ZL1 Addons Feather Lite Tow Hook | JWM Smoked Sidemarkers | Wildhammer Smoked Rear Reflectors | JWM License Plate LEDs | RotoFab CAI | ADM IC Reservoir v2 | BC Forged RZ05 | SPL Toe Arms | BW Brake Deflectors | CMS Roll Bar | Schroth Profi II ASM Harnesses
Sold: '99 Trans Am (bolt-ons & cam) | '00 WS6 (bolt-ons, heads, cam, 12 bolt) | '05 CTS-V (bolt-ons, short throw) | '10 SS/RS M6 (short throw, CAI, coilovers, LTs, catback, JRE tune) | '01 WS6

YouTube
RamAir02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2021, 10:03 PM   #52
Hops

Drives: 2019 1ss 1le, blue wrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Also Gen 4 MR shocks and carbon ceramic brakes from the Blackwing. Gen 4 is getting very good reviews. CC brakes will be huge on the track.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/news/a3...wing-upgrades/

i hope the sentence in the article:
"Now that GM clearly has a solid supplier deal for the Blackwing's carbon-ceramic Brembos it makes sense to bring back the option on Camaro"
Means they will be cheaper to replace. From what i've read they last longer... but they are crazy expensive. I just looked a bmw m4 CC rotor on bimmerworld costs $4k! that's for one rotor! I've also found plenty of CC regret on the C7 forums, because of the cost of replacement.

I certainly have not been held back at the track from lack of CC brakes , I like that the consumables for the Camaro (rotors, pads, tires) are really reasonably priced, and it seems GM designed it that way! I hope they keep it that way!
Hops is offline   Reply With Quote