Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 11-20-2019, 03:54 PM   #15
Paulie-G

Drives: 2SS 1LE & ZR2
I see quite a few on Carmax. Low 50s for low mile clean cars.

I think people are ordering C8 Corvettes.
Paulie-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 04:00 PM   #16
The Manalishi

Drives: 2018 M5
Funny my wife asked me if I was ready to take the ZLE back and get an SS again. Nope, keeping the ZLE. She hates the car because she says it looks like a Hot Wheels car. I told her she doesn't have to ride in it.
The Manalishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 04:11 PM   #17
Blackzl1Cam

Drives: 2019 BLACK ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Manalishi View Post
Funny my wife asked me if I was ready to take the ZLE back and get an SS again. Nope, keeping the ZLE. She hates the car because she says it looks like a Hot Wheels car. I told her she doesn't have to ride in it.
Blackzl1Cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 05:16 PM   #18
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
I bought my 2017 back in March used with 422 miles. Found out the original owner’s wife had a baby and the ZL1 had to go! His loss my gain! I have had a 2016 2SS that I bought new I used as a trade in on the ZL1 that I found on Cars.com and have no regrets so far. Sure I had to come up with money for a down payment but the price on the ZL1 was right so I jumped in with both feet. I would recommend finding a good used 2018 or 2019 ZL1 to buy and enjoy the ride if you can afford it because it’s a different animal to the SS. Congratulations on your cancer remission and God speed in the future. IMHO you can’t go wrong buying a ZL1 instead of an SS.�� Good Luck and take care and let us know which Camaro you decide to buy.
Old 11-20-2019, 05:21 PM   #19
pauly1119

Drives: 2018 ZLE
Congrats, I have been through several cars over the last few years and its not because any of them had issues but because I just enjoy having them. I have had mine for about 8 months now and have zero intentions on selling it. I think my wife enjoys it just as much as I do, heck she tried talking me into adding a C8 to the garage when we went to the reveal. If your a car guy you will love the Zl1. I have a ZL1 1LE M6 and absolutely love every time I take it out. I Just partialy retired and just wanted to keep one sports car, I feel like I made the right decision.
pauly1119 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 05:30 PM   #20
The Manalishi

Drives: 2018 M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by pauly1119 View Post
Congrats, I have been through several cars over the last few years and its not because any of them had issues but because I just enjoy having them. I have had mine for about 8 months now and have zero intentions on selling it. I think my wife enjoys it just as much as I do, heck she tried talking me into adding a C8 to the garage when we went to the reveal. If your a car guy you will love the Zl1. I have a ZL1 1LE M6 and absolutely love every time I take it out. I Just partialy retired and just wanted to keep one sports car, I feel like I made the right decision.
This is a valid point. This is my 7th Camaro. In all I have owned more than 30 cars. Most all performance cars with a couple of trucks.
The Manalishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 06:48 PM   #21
CharlieRomeo

Drives: 2020 White ZLE A10
I absolutely love my 19 ZL1 A10 but I have been going back and forth whether or not to trade it in on a ZL1 1LE. I originally bought my ZL1 as a daily and didn't want to deal with the harsh drive of the 1LE everyday. Now that I have a different vehicle to use as a daily driver, I kind of wish I would have bought the 1LE to begin with.
CharlieRomeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 07:15 PM   #22
Jason18ZL1LE

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonDaddy82 View Post
People won't admit to it, but I'll blame it on their wives. I work at a dealership and the majority of men *these days* have their nuts toted around in their wives purse.

Just my assumption though, everyone has different circumstances.
Guess I’m lucky. My wife overheard me talking about how much I wanted a ZL1 1LE because I’m a track enthusiast. She set up the whole deal and all I had to do was show up and sign the papers. She knew I would say no if it wasn’t already set in motion.
ARH Ceramic Coated LTH 1 7/8" \ ATI 15% Lower \ RotoFab Big Gulp \ Katech 103mm TB \ Ported Blower \ DSX Fuel System \ Flex Fuel E85 \ Custom Cam \ Dual Springs \ Corsa Exhaust \ Prospeed Heat Exchanger \ Cordes Big3\ C&R Racing Radiator \ LS3 Stat housing \ 160* Thermostat \ NX Lid
Jason18ZL1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 07:20 PM   #23
Zigg L1

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Garnet Red Tintcoat A10
Congratulations on the cancer free!! My father has been battling since his retirement 3 years ago. It sucks. Glad you beat it!
Jondaddy brings up a good point with the wives having guys nuts in their purse. I just bought my ZL1 and told my wife when it was being delivered to my house from the truck. Only thing I would sell mine for would be another . Maybe if they ever come out with an lt5 zl1.
I wear the pants in this house and my nuts stay with me. Just don't tell my wife...haha
Zigg L1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 07:35 PM   #24
Hops

Drives: 2019 1ss 1le, blue wrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonDaddy82 View Post
People won't admit to it, but I'll blame it on their wives. I work at a dealership and the majority of men *these days* have their nuts toted around in their wives purse.

Just my assumption though, everyone has different circumstances.

not sure i follow, how are they getting the car by their wives in the first place?
Hops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 07:48 PM   #25
likerage

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
As someone that sold theirs, I can tell you I blame my wife. It wasn't actually her fault but i still blame her aloud when people ask. In reality it was because I wanted to move some money around and needed something that I could drive in incriminate weather and with a family.

Coming from a non-Chevy person I can tell you it was the most fun car I've ever owned. I really dislike most Chevy products however this gen of Camaro really stands out and is way underrated. It is a magnificent car that deserves way more attention than it gets.

There are very few times in life where you can get such an incredible machine at such a low price because it is desired by so few people. Take advantage of it.
likerage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 06:10 AM   #26
crosive

Drives: 18 zl1
first, congrats on the cancer battle.

second, if I had to ask my wife for permission to do anything, sure I'll be trading something in for a new model, but it won't be my car.
crosive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 07:14 AM   #27
kdm123

Drives: 2018 ZL1-1LE
Congrats on the good health news!

You should totally buy a ZL1!

I don't know if people really are selling this car more than others, but if that is true, you can probably explain it by saying that these cars are more toys than utilitarian transportation. People like to get new toys, so that may be why you see ZL1's for sale.

Don't get a ZL1-1LE. I have one and I love it, but there's no reason to buy one unless you plan to do lots of track days.
kdm123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 07:22 AM   #28
minn19

Drives: 22 ZL1, 20 Taco, 20 Cayenne S
First of all congrats on the health news! That is obviously the most important thing here.

I've been a part of quite few forums for awhile: BMW M, GT350 ones and now here. This thread has popped up in every single one of them and I'm guessing it does with every forum like these.

I think it is two main reasons. People have a mid life crisis or do a YOLO and find out quickly it wasn't going to fix a problem they thought it would in their life. Also they also find out quickly these types of cars are much different than anything else they've ever had and don't like the compromises it brings for the money. Especially cars like ZL1s, SSs, 1LEs, GT350s, Porsches, certain M cars etc with tight cabins, crappy sight lines, bad MPG, rougher rides and higher insurance rates.

Last, us car guys tend to be like fish chasing a shiny lure. A lot of us get bored quickly and chase the next shiny thing that comes along. As I've told my wife and friends I said vows of commitment to my wife and not to any one car.
minn19 is offline   Reply With Quote