Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-07-2016, 10:53 AM   #43
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by SynergyGreenSS View Post
This^^^

I know I'll be putting a deposit down tonight. I'm just going to wait until the fast version comes out
That's what we are waiting for. I guess there is going to be 1 or 2 more "reveals" about the model 3.
Old 04-07-2016, 01:01 PM   #44
h422694

Drives: '16 Z06 7 Spd, 2024 High Country HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
All I've seen from the bolt, is that it takes 9 hours to fully charge. You can supercharge the model 3 in 40 minutes and get 80% charged. To me, that's a huge game changer. You could actually drive cross country without stopping for 9 hours every 200 or so miles. .
Charging stations are few and far between and I believe they are specific to Tesela. FYI - all Tesela stations do NOT charge in 40 minutes. It depends on the charging rate of the unit. Tesela's web page has a location map of the charger locations and their charging rate. If the map is correct, there are only 5-6 in the Kansas City area and most are at hospitality locations, only available for guests, and charge at low rates..
h422694 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 01:23 PM   #45
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
Saw on the news, that some people may not get a $7500 tax credit. I think that's great, buy cars like the rest of us.
Old 04-07-2016, 01:27 PM   #46
SynergyGreenSS

Drives: 2011 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
Saw on the news, that some people may not get a $7500 tax credit. I think that's great, buy cars like the rest of us.

Well you get the 7500 until the number of sales surpasses 200,000, at which point the amount you get decreases
LSA Supercharger, BTR Stage 3 PDS Cam, Yank 3200SS, Weapon X Stage 2 intake, LSA Heads, Flex Fuel, Ported throttle body, Speed Engineering Headers, NOWEEDS, ZL1 fuel pump, DSX AUX Pump, ID-1050X injectors, 3” pipe to NPP mufflers, 3.91 gears
SynergyGreenSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 02:08 PM   #47
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by h422694 View Post
Charging stations are few and far between and I believe they are specific to Tesela. FYI - all Tesela stations do NOT charge in 40 minutes. It depends on the charging rate of the unit. Tesela's web page has a location map of the charger locations and their charging rate. If the map is correct, there are only 5-6 in the Kansas City area and most are at hospitality locations, only available for guests, and charge at low rates..
They hope to double the amount of chargers by 2020. And yes, I know all of them aren't supercharger stations.

This father/daughter went cross country in less than a week. Here is the map of where all supercharging stations were in Jan 2014.

Oh, and it cost them $0.

Doing some research, when they went on their trip, there were only 71 supercharging stations. by oct 2014 there were 119 supercharger stations, and as of march this year, there are 3,574 supercharger stations.
Old 04-07-2016, 02:18 PM   #48
xc_SS/RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Those stations are absolutely necessary for these cars to work in a practical sense beyond local use. If you only drive 200 ish miles a week in your local area then it's not to necessary since you could just charge up every night or when you hit half of the range.

But the charging stations are popping up like crazy now which is good. They've already done cross country journeys in the Model S. Even setting a record along the way
Z/28 intake, NW, FAST 102, speed engineering LT's, some exhaust, ATI -10% pulley, GM flex fuel injectors, DSX flex fuel sensor, MGW shifter, HP Tuners, some suspension work, stickers and a little weight loss. 12.63 @113.53
xc_SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 04:05 PM   #49
ToyotaGasPedal

Drives: Hyper Blue SS
http://jalopnik.com/embry-riddle-is-...mar-1768973051
Old 04-08-2016, 10:13 AM   #50
Ippon14

Drives: 2015 Blue Velvet 2ssRs1Le
Here's a map of their current superchargers. For where I will commute it is perfect. I contemplated a S but didn't really want to spend 80,000 for a commuter. This price point is perfect.
Attached Images

2015 Jaguar XF
2008 GMC Denali
2013 Cadilac CTS

Last edited by Ippon14; 04-08-2016 at 10:15 AM. Reason: Forgot pic
Ippon14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 02:32 PM   #51
xc_SS/RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Read something today about the Model 3 (forget where) but it was saying how the production for the Model three won't start until the end of next year? If that's the case then yeah I don't see some people getting their cars until 2019 or 2020 of not later.

That's probably why people would get up in arms if GM or any other of the major auto mfr's decided to take preorders for a car and then didn't deliver some until 4-5 years afterwards.

With Teslas track record I think some people might consider that to be normal or OK. Certainly not trying to shoot them down, but looking at financials as well they didn't exactly have very much cash (compared to major auto mfr's) so these preorder deposits are entirely to build the factory and get things moving. Hopefully they can do that and crank these out and make some money off of it.
Z/28 intake, NW, FAST 102, speed engineering LT's, some exhaust, ATI -10% pulley, GM flex fuel injectors, DSX flex fuel sensor, MGW shifter, HP Tuners, some suspension work, stickers and a little weight loss. 12.63 @113.53
xc_SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 10:01 AM   #52
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by xc_SS/RS View Post
Read something today about the Model 3 (forget where) but it was saying how the production for the Model three won't start until the end of next year? If that's the case then yeah I don't see some people getting their cars until 2019 or 2020 of not later.

That's probably why people would get up in arms if GM or any other of the major auto mfr's decided to take preorders for a car and then didn't deliver some until 4-5 years afterwards.

With Teslas track record I think some people might consider that to be normal or OK. Certainly not trying to shoot them down, but looking at financials as well they didn't exactly have very much cash (compared to major auto mfr's) so these preorder deposits are entirely to build the factory and get things moving. Hopefully they can do that and crank these out and make some money off of it.
https://electrek.co/2016/11/23/tesla...organ-stanley/

Now projecting delayed until the end of 2018.
Old 11-24-2016, 10:05 AM   #53
PostNup
CAR-DASHIAN

Drives: 2015 Ashen Gray Metallic 2SS/RS L99
It could... like the Vararam vrx intake
PERFORMANCE: ColdAirInductions CAI, ADM Race Scoop, Cordes Performance Racing Ported TB/IM/Custom VVT Cam, WFO Milled Heads, Stainless Power 1 7/8" LT/3" HFCs, JBA 3" Comp. Cat-Back, Taylor 10.4mm Plug Wires, Tim King Performance Stage 3 6L80, Circle D Billet 3600 Stall, Nic D ECM/TCM Tune, - 458rwhp/413rwtq (prior to PIM), Forgestar F14 (F)18" / (R)17" Rims.

SUSPENSION: Z/28 Rear UCA Bushings, Carlyle Racing LCA/TA, BMR Adj. Toe Rods/Xtreme Anti-Roll Bar, Justice Pete Castor Locks/Radius Rod Inserts, Pegasus Billet Rear Cradle Bushings, Mickey Thompson Street SS II 305/45/17 tires.
PostNup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 10:47 AM   #54
enzia35

Drives: '16 Garnet Red 1SS
LOL.
enzia35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 11:14 PM   #55
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
http://fortune.com/2016/12/02/tesla-...ock-elon-musk/

Just food for thought.

Keep in mind, GM, a global automaker with the resources and experience to mass-produce cars, still manages to LOSE around $9000 on every Bolt EV sold. The difference is GM probably doesn't care that much. The trucks/SUVs, the Buick-GMC lineups, China, all generate more than enough profit to cover those losses.

Tesla doesn't have that luxury. Granted Musk could pull profits from his other ventures to feed Tesla, but...
Old 12-04-2016, 11:06 AM   #56
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
http://fortune.com/2016/12/02/tesla-...ock-elon-musk/

Just food for thought.

Keep in mind, GM, a global automaker with the resources and experience to mass-produce cars, still manages to LOSE around $9000 on every Bolt EV sold. The difference is GM probably doesn't care that much. The trucks/SUVs, the Buick-GMC lineups, China, all generate more than enough profit to cover those losses.

Tesla doesn't have that luxury. Granted Musk could pull profits from his other ventures to feed Tesla, but...
I don't put too much faith in that 9k per car figure. From what I've read, it basically comes from a consulting group that more or less said 'well, EVs tend to be priced about 25% lower than their cost ... we think ... so GM aught to lose about $9,000'

Not exactly air tight logic, but it makes for great headlines.

Will GM lose money on the Bolt? Maybe, but maybe not. The cost of the cells for the battery is under 10 grand based on a statement they made last year, so maybe the assembled battery is a bit over 10. If the car was gas powered, it would probably be in the low 20s given its equipment, size, and performance. Add in a bit of extra associated cost for it being low volume (I don't believe it shares a platform with a gas powered car in the GM lineup), and upper 30s feels like an entirely plausible cost. Certainly feels more likely to me than mid or upper 40s. But I'm not an expert in this stuff.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote