Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-06-2016, 10:15 PM   #29
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
I don't hate tesla, and I think the model 3 looks nice from the outside for the most part, But that interior is just horrible. Id take an interior from the 80s over that plain jane look with a big screen tacked on in the middle. I thought to myself, surely just an unfinished design, but then I read they said the interior was mostly locked in. They've got to be kidding.
Old 04-07-2016, 12:23 AM   #30
Netslave
GM paint evaluation dept

Drives: Too many to list
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
I don't hate tesla, and I think the model 3 looks nice from the outside for the most part, But that interior is just horrible. Id take an interior from the 80s over that plain jane look with a big screen tacked on in the middle. I thought to myself, surely just an unfinished design, but then I read they said the interior was mostly locked in. They've got to be kidding.
The future past called... 1983 buick questor.

- A GM factory custom orange and mosaic black striped 2016 SS 2SS
- U̶n̶o̶f̶f̶i̶c̶i̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ Officially the worst Mosaic Black paint on a 2016 Camaro SS 2SS

See him here -

https://drive.google.com/folderview?...3M&usp=sharing
Netslave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 12:27 AM   #31
Netslave
GM paint evaluation dept

Drives: Too many to list
Center mounted display with controls for climate contro, audio, nav and some futuristic thing called a "digital disk" PLUS on board personal computing??? Well played buick. Well played.

- A GM factory custom orange and mosaic black striped 2016 SS 2SS
- U̶n̶o̶f̶f̶i̶c̶i̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ Officially the worst Mosaic Black paint on a 2016 Camaro SS 2SS

See him here -

https://drive.google.com/folderview?...3M&usp=sharing
Netslave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 07:06 AM   #32
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Netslave View Post
We were told by a friend in September not to expect to see a 3 for at least 24 months with an order placed the day orders open with money down. We aren't into making interest free loans so no thanks.
And that's essentially what the preorders are. It's money Tesla needs to stay afloat long enough to start building the Model 3.
Old 04-07-2016, 08:33 AM   #33
xc_SS/RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
I'll be surprised when I start seeing these on the road. Till then I'll keep my plans to get a Volt once I have the fiscal ability to lol
Z/28 intake, NW, FAST 102, speed engineering LT's, some exhaust, ATI -10% pulley, GM flex fuel injectors, DSX flex fuel sensor, MGW shifter, HP Tuners, some suspension work, stickers and a little weight loss. 12.63 @113.53
xc_SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 09:46 AM   #34
5thGenOwner

Drives: 2010 SS
Although Musk has up'd the game for the Model 3, as it is needed to be, you cannot discount Tesla's history. Have they ever made a production date without delay? How's the Model X's production delay going? Again, yes the Model 3 has a completely different production plan, but it's the same company with the same CEO, with a poor track record.

Personally, I'll never own one... I want cars built before 1975 for any of my future purchases. Scrap all this unnecessary tech and let me drive my car!
Old 04-07-2016, 10:31 AM   #35
SynergyGreenSS

Drives: 2011 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by xc_SS/RS View Post
There are a couple bolt ev's running around my area and I think they look pretty good.

Do you guys really think it'll take 4 years for some people to get their Model 3's? I couldn't imagine it'll take that long
I had a deposit down on a model x for several years (3-5 I can't remember exactly) before they finally released it, and by that time, I didn't need a big car anymore
SynergyGreenSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 10:35 AM   #36
SynergyGreenSS

I was probably the fifth person to have a deposit down on that car. No joke. I was wayyyyy up there on the list
Old 04-07-2016, 10:40 AM   #37
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by SynergyGreenSS View Post
I was probably the fifth person to have a deposit down on that car. No joke. I was wayyyyy up there on the list
were you able to sell your spot for a profit?
6spdhyperblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 10:42 AM   #38
SynergyGreenSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicul15 View Post
were you able to sell your spot for a profit?

I just refunded my deposit
LSA Supercharger, BTR Stage 3 PDS Cam, Yank 3200SS, Weapon X Stage 2 intake, LSA Heads, Flex Fuel, Ported throttle body, Speed Engineering Headers, NOWEEDS, ZL1 fuel pump, DSX AUX Pump, ID-1050X injectors, 3” pipe to NPP mufflers, 3.91 gears
Old 04-07-2016, 10:44 AM   #39
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen
oh i was wondering if some of those model 3 spots were ppl looking to do that, but wasnt sure if it was possible.
6spdhyperblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 10:49 AM   #40
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
That's still a ridiculously long wait. Can you imagine GM taking paid preorders on the 7th gen Camaro two years out from production? They would get crucified.

I was reading an article yesterday about how despite all the Model 3's preorders and hype, Bolt EV is already coming out ahead. Not only is it scheduled to go into production way sooner, it's being built by an automaker with the resources and capacity to build a high volume car. Not to mention the fact that with GM's cash reserves, they could start incentives on Bolt EV from day one and not even bat an eye. Hell GM could LOSE money on Bolt EV a la 1st gen Volt and still be in the clear thanks to the profit margins from the rest of the lineup.

The Model S is a fun ongoing science experiment, and the Model X basically sums up everything wrong with the company right now (delayed launches, supplier issues, overly complex and quite frankly, unnecessary engineering). Model 3 is basically Tesla's make or break product.
Why would GM get crucified for taking pre-orders 2 years in advance? The money is fully refundable, so I don't see anything wrong with that business model. If people want to pre-order this far out, let them. No one is saying you have to order 2 years prior to get the car. The reveal showed a concept car, and they said it would be available late 2017, so people know how long the wait will be.

As far as the bolt or volt is concerned, the much, much more expensive model S outsold the volt by almost 10k units in 2015. 8k more than the LEAF. So I can only imagine how well the model 3 will do. Plus, the performance expectations for the bolt vs model 3 seem to be pretty far apart, and the price will be similar. One thing i'm curious about is if the supercharging stations that are available for the teslas, can be used with other electric cars. All I've seen from the bolt, is that it takes 9 hours to fully charge. You can supercharge the model 3 in 40 minutes and get 80% charged. To me, that's a huge game changer. You could actually drive cross country without stopping for 9 hours every 200 or so miles. Essentially making the bolt very limited on where you can go. it's basically just a commuter car that you can't take anywhere outside of 200 miles (round trip). So even if you could use charging stations across the country, you'd be there for hours.

As for how many of the 200-300k pre-orders that will actually still buy the car, I don't think it matters if only 50k people buy the car the first year, because the shear volume of pre-orders has actually destroyed their expectations of pre-orders in the first place. I understand the skepticism from Tesla, but I see a bright future for the model 3. There's nothing about it that's really negative. So it's up to Tesla to try and push out as many as they can, once the car goes into production. It's really not Tesla's fault for hundreds of thousands of people pre-ordering their car.
Old 04-07-2016, 10:52 AM   #41
SynergyGreenSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
Why would GM get crucified for taking pre-orders 2 years in advance? The money is fully refundable, so I don't see anything wrong with that business model. If people want to pre-order this far out, let them. No one is saying you have to order 2 years prior to get the car. The reveal showed a concept car, and they said it would be available late 2017, so people know how long the wait will be.

As far as the bolt or volt is concerned, the much, much more expensive model S outsold the volt by almost 10k units in 2015. 8k more than the LEAF. So I can only imagine how well the model 3 will do. Plus, the performance expectations for the bolt vs model 3 seem to be pretty far apart, and the price will be similar. One thing i'm curious about is if the supercharging stations that are available for the teslas, can be used with other electric cars. All I've seen from the bolt, is that it takes 9 hours to fully charge. You can supercharge the model 3 in 40 minutes and get 80% charged. To me, that's a huge game changer. You could actually drive cross country without stopping for 9 hours every 200 or so miles. Essentially making the bolt very limited on where you can go. it's basically just a commuter car that you can't take anywhere outside of 200 miles (round trip). So even if you could use charging stations across the country, you'd be there for hours.

As for how many of the 200-300k pre-orders that will actually still buy the car, I don't think it matters if only 50k people buy the car the first year, because the shear volume of pre-orders has actually destroyed their expectations of pre-orders in the first place. I understand the skepticism from Tesla, but I see a bright future for the model 3. There's nothing about it that's really negative. So it's up to Tesla to try and push out as many as they can, once the car goes into production. It's really not Tesla's fault for hundreds of thousands of people pre-ordering their car.

This^^^

I know I'll be putting a deposit down tonight. I'm just going to wait until the fast version comes out
LSA Supercharger, BTR Stage 3 PDS Cam, Yank 3200SS, Weapon X Stage 2 intake, LSA Heads, Flex Fuel, Ported throttle body, Speed Engineering Headers, NOWEEDS, ZL1 fuel pump, DSX AUX Pump, ID-1050X injectors, 3” pipe to NPP mufflers, 3.91 gears
Old 04-07-2016, 10:52 AM   #42
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
The interior is definitely in the eye of the beholder. I personally really like the simple interior. It actually reminds me of apple, and their iphone. simple and easy to use. but I know it's not for everyone.