Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 02-07-2018, 08:31 PM   #1
2.0t_godfather

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2.0t
Updates

Guys,

Just a few progress updates:

ZZP is testing some new balance shafts that are showing great promise. These are going to be critical pieces for high hp builds. As soon as they are comfortable, my engine will be getting a set.

Matt and Steve have been working on solving the e85 problem. Today came with promising news that progress was being made.

If we can get all this stuff together, we may make a little road trip and try to get that 10 second barrier broken. Our local track does not open until april and at the rate we are going, there could still be snow on the ground. Come hell or high water, that car is going into the 10s this year.
2.0t_godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 10:09 PM   #2
Michigan1LTRS
Blessed ❤️

Drives: 2017 1LT RS I4
Old 02-08-2018, 04:39 AM   #3
Corner carver

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0T RS
Nice to hear someone is making progress with those balance shafts... Bring on the 10sec. time slips!
Installed Mods: 25% Window tint | Headlight, side marker and third brake light Phastek tint kit | GM black taillights with Gen5diy LED harness and bulbs | LED license plate bulbs | Gorilla lug nuts, black | GM 'performance' center caps | RS and sheild badges removed
Corner carver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 08:09 PM   #4
2.0t_godfather

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2.0t
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corner carver View Post
Nice to hear someone is making progress with those balance shafts... Bring on the 10sec. time slips!
If we can make some of our plans work, we may just skip over that benchmark all together.
2.0t_godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 07:42 AM   #5
Corner carver

Even better! Keep at it, you and ZZP pushing the boundaries is exactly what this platform needs... It's nice we're finally starting to see some more in-depth builds in the community.
Installed Mods: 25% Window tint | Headlight, side marker and third brake light Phastek tint kit | GM black taillights with Gen5diy LED harness and bulbs | LED license plate bulbs | Gorilla lug nuts, black | GM 'performance' center caps | RS and sheild badges removed
Old 02-27-2018, 10:22 AM   #6
6th_gen_gino

Drives: 2016 camaro 2.0t gray
[QUOTE=Corner carver;10090378]Even better! Keep at it, you and ZZP pushing the boundaries is exactly what this platform needs... It's nice we're finally starting to see some more in-depth builds in the community.[/QUOTE

Really would love to show that ecoboost platform that the LTG can play too
6th_gen_gino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 11:06 AM   #7
Corner carver

I second that!
Old 02-27-2018, 01:22 PM   #8
6th_gen_gino

In the reality of it I don't see many ecoboost mustangs at the track, but I do like to mess with scat packs, when ZZP cuts a 10 or 9 second run they need to be featured on a big YouTube channel for exposure
Old 03-02-2018, 12:13 AM   #9
ChicagoTommy

Drives: 2017 Camaro; 2017 Acadia Denali
I don't see many EBM's at the track either, but they are already running in the 9's. It's gonna take a helluva lot more than balance shaft deletes to get there. Someone needs to be willing to build a motor and put a man sized turbo on it.
to invalidate anyone's personal views or thoughts, nor is it a condemnation of anyone's
race, religion, sex, sexual preferences, handicaps, or intellectual abilities.
ChicagoTommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 08:51 AM   #10
6th_gen_gino

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoTommy View Post
I don't see many EBM's at the track either, but they are already running in the 9's. It's gonna take a helluva lot more than balance shaft deletes to get there. Someone needs to be willing to build a motor and put a man sized turbo on it.
Yea I've actually only ran into two ecoboost Stangs, well StrictlyLTG is on that path already with the coolest courier. The motor is already built and they plan to take the car to 600 whp
Old 03-02-2018, 12:11 PM   #11
ChicagoTommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6th_gen_gino View Post
Yea I've actually only ran into two ecoboost Stangs, well StrictlyLTG is on that path already with the coolest courier. The motor is already built and they plan to take the car to 600 whp
That STRICTLYLTG guy seems like he knows whats up. But I don't see that 'coolest courier' kid driving the car to a 9 second pass anytime soon. It's a BIG difference going from 14 second passes to 9 second passes in any car. Hopefully they put a jockey in it, as I wouldn't want to see anyone get hurt. There is a reason that both NHRA and IHRA both require licenses at 9.99 ET.
to invalidate anyone's personal views or thoughts, nor is it a condemnation of anyone's
Old 03-02-2018, 03:06 PM   #12
RedonBlackRS

Drives: 1LT RS 2.0T 8A HD
The balance shafts were the limiting factor with revs, right?
I'll be interested to see what an improvement in that department can open up for us.

In the meantime, do you know if there's been an update on ZZP's turbo for the LTG?
RedonBlackRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 09:56 AM   #13
ChicagoTommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedonBlackRS View Post
The balance shafts were the limiting factor with revs, right?
I'll be interested to see what an improvement in that department can open up for us.

In the meantime, do you know if there's been an update on ZZP's turbo for the LTG?
Eh... 99.9% of the people on this forum aren't going to yank the balance shafts out of their engines. Hell, no one has installed cams or valve springs yet. The quote I got from ZZP wasn't cheap to install those suckers.

Also, I haven't seen an update on the turbos, and I'd really like to see that. I'm still holding out hope for a stock upgrade direct from Mitsubishi Heavy Industries!

At the end of the day we need cheaper E85 fueling options. That is the largest current max limitation. Forget flex fuel, even running straight E85, you can't support much over 330whp. We need a cheaper HPFP!!!!
Old 03-05-2018, 07:32 PM   #14
vaspen

Drives: 2017 l4 blue 6speed
I'm oretty sure o.p has the cams in his car
vaspen is offline   Reply With Quote