Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 06-16-2021, 09:31 AM   #29
gpskinzhut

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcoats1976 View Post
well,if you think the 6th gens more mainstream(bland) styling and A8 shudder are superior i guess thats your opinion.people from my (older)generation prefer the 5th gens more muscular styling.the 6th gen would have never sold any cars at all if they hadnt improved the performance numbers because the 5th gen styling is as good as it gets.
I've owned 2 5th gens. The styling is definitely NOT as good as it gets.

2017 ZL1 A10
2017 2SS M6: (SOLD) || 2014 2LT Convertible: (SOLD) || 2010 2LT M6 Supercharged:(SOLD) || 1987 IROC-Z 5.0 M5: (SOLD)
gpskinzhut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 09:46 AM   #30
foshjowler

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0T, 91 Miata
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT1Zob View Post
Thank you everyone. I appreciate all of the comments. I’m in my mid 40s and worrying about what others think about my choice of engine is laughable to me. A few brought up the premium gas, which I didn’t consider, but obviously should have being a turbo. Not that it matters much really, but good point.
My fear was hearing “stay away, lots of issues”, from you guys who know the 6th gen well, but it sounds like the i4 is a good, fun car I can DD and take on trips.
The biggest killer of DI turbo cars is being in boost for long periods of time/low RPM. Namely, highway pulls and matting it in high gears are common killers. They're not perfect engines, but GM put them in all sorts of things, so parts are cheap and abundant in the case something does go wrong. As long as your not a dumb ass with it, there should be no problems well past 100k miles.

Youtube Channel

foshjowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 10:09 AM   #31
LT1ornothing

Drives: 2020 LT1 M6
2.0T is a great little sport coupe if you could find an m6 with no options. I felt they handled great and had good mid range power.. They are way too pricey these days though, but back in 2019 when I was considering one, dealers had them listed new in the $16.5K-$17K range in my area (M6 no options 1LS). Almost pulled the trigger but they wouldn't come down to where I needed out the door. Glad it happened though, one more year of saving got me an LT1.
LT1ornothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 01:04 PM   #32
Chef-j

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS
Find used and test drive them.. Its different car but ive had couple EVOs (4 cylinder turbo). I do pref V6 or V8 for everyday uses after had Evo for years.
Old 06-16-2021, 01:58 PM   #33
IMadeYouReadThis

Drives: 02 Camaro SS 6M / 11 GMC Sierra
I'll stay up front I own a 2018 Mustang GT at this point. But I have previously owned a 2017 Camaro V6 RS with the stick shift. And before that I owned a 2002 Z28 with the stick shift.

I test drove the 4-cylinder Camaro and made a decision the factory order the V6 in the spec I wanted which included the dual mode exhaust.

It's a fantastic little car for what it is.

I would highly recommend the V6 with the duo mode and I would discourage you from getting the four cylinder
IMadeYouReadThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 02:08 PM   #34
plus1zero
Don't tread on me

Drives: 23 Sierra X31, Past 2017 Fifty 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT1Zob View Post
I’m looking for advice, not bs. Garbage, poser... vs the V8? I have 2 V8s now, one pushing 750hp. I’m interested in a daily driver. Nothing constructive to add, please move along
plus1zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 02:10 PM   #35
plus1zero
Don't tread on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSSStlfan View Post
Wow. Why would someone pay top dollar for a 5th gen if buying a USED car? They're plastic, slower, not refined. Like why would someone in the market for one overpay for a 2015 SS when you can get a 2016 that's faster and better?
Because the used car market is bonkers right now. A year ago a nice 2SS would've been $33-34K, now they're closer to $40k. Late model stuff people bought at MYE savings are getting more than they paid new.
Old 06-16-2021, 02:13 PM   #36
plus1zero
Don't tread on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcoats1976 View Post
well,if you think the 6th gens more mainstream(bland) styling and A8 shudder are superior i guess thats your opinion.people from my (older)generation prefer the 5th gens more muscular styling.the 6th gen would have never sold any cars at all if they hadnt improved the performance numbers because the 5th gen styling is as good as it gets.
Speak for yourself, the 5th gen is iconic, but the 6th gen took everything about the 5th and made it better in every way. The V6 is as fast as the 5th gen SS was stock and the interior does not hold up well whatsoever. The 5th gen will age gracefully, like the first gen did. But it won't be remembered as a good price/performance. The 6th gen SS is stupid capable stock. At least it's not like the hideous 4th gen.
Old 06-16-2021, 02:34 PM   #37
UnknownJinX

Drives: 19 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE Shock
Quote:
Originally Posted by foshjowler View Post
I'm not concerned, as I bought it anyway, but it's extremely annoying posting about the car you just bought on a Camaro page and half the comments are saying you bought the wrong car. To be fair, most large Facebook pages are pure cancer.
That's how most online comments go.

It's definitely people who only own family cars being jealous or people who still think that Camaro is just a pony car, while in reality, Camaro is pretty much a sports car at this point. If you treat Camaro as a sports car, then 2.0T and V6 aren't bad at all.

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

GM Performance Intake and that's it, because driver mods before car mods

Past:
2009 Mazda RX-8 GT M6 Velocity Red Mica (Sold)
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 2LT M7 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat (Flood totaled)
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 03:24 PM   #38
plus1zero
Don't tread on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownJinX View Post
That's how most online comments go.

It's definitely people who only own family cars being jealous or people who still think that Camaro is just a pony car, while in reality, Camaro is pretty much a sports car at this point. If you treat Camaro as a sports car, then 2.0T and V6 aren't bad at all.

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk
I think it has more to do with the cars being built around V8 engines and then them throwing in sedan engines, and on top of that, said owners of the smaller engines acting like they're the fastest thing on the road that really give the crowd a bad name.

At least that's how it is with EB/v6 mustangs.
Old 06-16-2021, 03:36 PM   #39
Chef-j

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by foshjowler View Post
I'm not concerned, as I bought it anyway, but it's extremely annoying posting about the car you just bought on a Camaro page and half the comments are saying you bought the wrong car. To be fair, most large Facebook pages are pure cancer.
One of my friend actually sold his car and moved out from car hobby. He didnt like how people making fun of other people’s car and just didnt like how things became after FB car group pages took over good forums.

Most FB is joke. Nothing to learn. I was gone 2 yrs from Camaro forum and im happy that its still active, not like some other car that forum actually died because of FB.
Old 06-16-2021, 03:45 PM   #40
Xaxas

Drives: 2019 2SS 1LE
It's so sad and pathetic how grown ass men looking human get their panties soiled by the sheer mention of something that's not a V8, good thing there's testosterone treatments! Might help with the bald spots too.

On a serious note, I had an I4 as a rental while my previous V6 was in for service, I own an SS now so I've tasted all 3 flavors of ice cream, for a fun city car, it's really good, it runs out of grunt at 80+ mph but if you want it for a DD, then that's not an issue, gas might be because the V6 uses 87, however I would personally take the I4 for a city car as it's lighter, cheaper and the low end torque makes it more comfortable to cruise around town, the V6 is a riot at high rpms though, just make sure to get a manual because the autos don't have an LSD and have the softer FE2 suspension.

Previous: 2017 2LT aka "Noire"
Mods: Chevrolet Performance Suspension || K&N Cold Air Intake || Borla ATAK Mufflers + Catback system || MRR 650 ZL1 replicas with squared 285/30 Michelin Pilot Sport 4S || ZZP 4 piston brake kit + braided brake lines || BMR everything (Solid/Lockout cradle bushing are a MUST in Camaros)
Xaxas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 03:45 PM   #41
HCI2000SS

Drives: 2018 Camaro V6/RS
I own a complety built 4th gen Camaro SS, and my daily 6th gen RS V6. I think for the money the T4 and V6 variants offer a fantastic value. Then you factor in things like gas, oil, insurance, total cost of ownership, etc, and it becomes quite a comparative value to many mainstream boring sedans. Basically I'm just thankful to have options like this, weather it's for me personally or not
HCI2000SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 03:47 PM   #42
Malbjey

Drives: 2022 Kia Stinger GT2
Quote:
Originally Posted by plus1zero View Post
I think it has more to do with the cars being built around V8 engines and then them throwing in sedan engines, and on top of that, said owners of the smaller engines acting like they're the fastest thing on the road that really give the crowd a bad name.

At least that's how it is with EB/v6 mustangs.

The pony cars have LARGELY offered optional non-V8 engines since the beginning. It's been going on for how many decades now?
Malbjey is offline   Reply With Quote