Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 06-18-2021, 12:16 AM   #155
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by gchu View Post
i had Vroom give me, what I thought were crazy offers, on the last 2 cars that I wound up trading in at local dealers.

First was a 2018 Honda Ridgeline I bought new - Vroom offered about $5K more than all the dealers except for the one I ultimately bought my F150 from. It was the cheapest F150 I could find with the options I wanted and the dealer matched the Vroom offer

Similar story with my 2017 1SS Convertible that I bought used 18 months ago - Vroom offered me 40% more than I paid for it... Wound up getting a local dealer to match the Vroom offer for a 2016 1LT C7 M7

Both cases, Vroom offered about 2-3K over Carvana but the local dealers were able to match it... Both times selling me a vehicle at a price lower than what I could find on Vroom...

Can't understand the logic, but it worked for me so who am I to complain LOL

I gotta wonder if these places like CarMax, vRoom, Carvana have their own in house financing, hence they give loans to people who have troubles getting loans hence higher interest rates and higher car prices since they have problems trying to get a car from a dealer. So they can pay more money at Carmax but get the car still.
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 12:27 AM   #156
s346k

Drives: like an old lady
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSSStlfan View Post
I gotta wonder if these places like CarMax, vRoom, Carvana have their own in house financing, hence they give loans to people who have troubles getting loans hence higher interest rates and higher car prices since they have problems trying to get a car from a dealer. So they can pay more money at Carmax but get the car still.
you know they do. no one with any financial sense would pay such ridiculous prices.
Old 06-18-2021, 05:31 AM   #157
DooIt

Drives: 21 SS 1LE M6 Red Hot
Quote:
That is exactly what is going on. Plus they are public companies and have a huge pile of cash to purchase cars. They are trying to buy market share up so they are a household name when someone thinks about buying or selling a car. This ponzi scheme will continue until the investors are wondering where their return is!
DooIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 08:26 AM   #158
MBSS1LE

Drives: 2019 1SS 1LE
Quote:
If you are asking these questions, you clearly do not understand automotive finance and the concept of prime, near-prime and sub-prime lending, let alone direct and indirect auto loans.
MBSS1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 08:34 AM   #159
Camaro fanboy

Drives: 2017 2SS Arctic blue fully loaded
prices have risen here in sweden aswell.
although american muscle car prices never drop here anyway.
never buy my cars to make money. buy them to drive and polish.
Old 06-18-2021, 11:33 AM   #160
KirkH

Drives: 2016 2SS M6 Mosaic Blk Met-SOLD
Quote:
Originally Posted by s346k View Post
you know they do. no one with any financial sense would pay such ridiculous prices.
Carvana gave me $3K more than I paid for my 18 Suburban. More than any local dealer offer.

For my first online purchase I financed thru my own bank. It was a hassle with all the paperwork.
On the second purchase, I financed thru Carvana. The interest rate was 1 point higher than my credit union. But Carvana does all the pperwork so it was MUCH easier. I will just pay it off 6 months earlier.
KirkH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 11:43 AM   #161
Chef-j

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS
Seems like every Camaro guys sold theirs to Vroom. Damm Vroom has so many of used Camaro listed lol
Old 06-18-2021, 02:28 PM   #162
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DooIt View Post
That is exactly what is going on. Plus they are public companies and have a huge pile of cash to purchase cars. They are trying to buy market share up so they are a household name when someone thinks about buying or selling a car. This ponzi scheme will continue until the investors are wondering where their return is!
That's what I was thinking too. Trying to become well known and a household name. Won't work with me cause I won't pay their prices. Some of their prices for just a couple grand more you can buy a new car. Noticed that last fall when I was looking.

Coworker had a friend who bought a used Mercedes suv. Carmax wouldn't budge on price so they found one at local dealer several thousands dollars cheaper than carmax.
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 03:24 PM   #163
RKeeton

Drives: 2013 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef-j View Post
Seems like every Camaro guys sold theirs to Vroom. Damm Vroom has so many of used Camaro listed lol

I finally got my check 34 days after Vroom got my car. That was not a pleasant feeling. Now hopefully the check will clear and I can move on.
RKeeton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 03:48 PM   #164
vtirocz

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by RKeeton View Post
I finally got my check 34 days after Vroom got my car. That was not a pleasant feeling. Now hopefully the check will clear and I can move on.
Interesting. I did the physical check option with Carvana and could deposit it right away. I wonder what went wrong in your case?

Best 1/4 Mile: 12.24 @ 115.9 mph
vtirocz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 08:51 PM   #165
Chutzpah

Drives: Wild Cherry LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by RKeeton View Post
Hmm, that’s odd. I just sold my stang to Vroom. Car was picked up mid day on Thursday, the check arrived at my door at 9:30 am on Saturday. I was pleasantly surprised.
Chutzpah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 10:44 AM   #166
RKeeton

Drives: 2013 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtirocz View Post
Interesting. I did the physical check option with Carvana and could deposit it right away. I wonder what went wrong in your case?
I had a lien payoff on my title. One CR agent implied that it could take up to 30 days to process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chutzpah View Post
Hmm, that’s odd. I just sold my stang to Vroom. Car was picked up mid day on Thursday, the check arrived at my door at 9:30 am on Saturday. I was pleasantly surprised.
My car was picked up on May 14th and I finally got the check on Friday June17th. I was relieved to say the least. FedEx tracking shows payoff check was delivered the same day. The lack of communication was staggering.

I don't know what was the real reason. No one would tell me anything when I called.
RKeeton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 11:04 AM   #167
JoeCamaro444

Drives: 2018 2SS M6 Hot Wheels Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chutzpah View Post
It was smooth for me too, with the physical check option. My car was picked up on a Wednesday, I had my check three days later.
1988 IROC-Z (tons of mods), 1995 Z28, 1998 Z28, 2006 GTO, 2010 Camaro 1SS, 2015 Subaru STI, a couple Acuras and multiple Jeeps.

Last edited by JoeCamaro444; 06-19-2021 at 01:12 PM.
JoeCamaro444 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 11:24 AM   #168
nancygrl
雪の玉

Drives: '22 Z71 RST Silverado
I did carmax for S & G's. Their offer for my 1LE was ridiculously low, not enough to even consider.
nancygrl is offline   Reply With Quote