Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 10-25-2016, 02:21 PM   #1
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
Pedal Commander throttle response controller

Hey guys, just coming in to share some info on one of my new sponsors, Pedal Commander. They manufacture a throttle response controller for almost any vehicle with electronic throttle control. They’ve been really active in the racing scene lately, but they also just blew up in the truck market after a couple Raptor guys at SVC Offroad got ahold of it.

I know a lot of people are fans of the Vitesse controller, and yes, they’re similar. But there are a few key differences that keep people buying Pedal Commander instead:

Vitesse units are made in China, Pedal Commander is made in Germany. I’ll let that quality speak for itself.
Vitesse has 9 different settings, Pedal Commander has 36.�Vitesse needs to be programmed after its installed, you have to manually adjust the voltage ratings on the unit by playing with the gas pedal. Pedal Commander is a simple install & go because they do all the custom programming for you before they even ship the product out.��They also have a lot of example install videos on YouTube, as well as some of the events they’ve attended here in southern California.

They’re a big supporter of the automotive community, so they want me to pass on an exclusive discount for my fellow Camaro enthusiasts.��For $50 off on their website, www.pedalcommander.com, use coupon code “koldus50” at checkout��If you have any questions, feel free to hit me up, or you can message them directly on their Facebook, Instagram, or website chat. They always have someone available!

i mounted mine on the inside of the center console on the drivers side

Old 10-26-2016, 12:52 AM   #2
thescout6

Drives: 16 2SS
36 different settings? Holy cow, I just can't. I'm all about better quality parts then my Vitesse but Jesus 36 settings is way too much. I rarely change my throttle on mine now from 3 to 5. Trying to find where I want to be over 36 settings would be anarchy. Too stressful.

Then again I'm the type of guy that gets stressed out when a menu at a restaurant is more than two pages long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thescout6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 11:44 AM   #3
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
haha i have it set at one setting and rarely change it but havent been to the track yet
Old 10-26-2016, 11:55 AM   #4
sub_ETCS_ret

Drives: 2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Quote:
Originally Posted by thescout6 View Post
Then again I'm the type of guy that gets stressed out when a menu at a restaurant is more than two pages long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I thought I was the only person that had that problem.
"Submariners are a bunch of intelligent misfits that somehow seem to get along, understand each other and work well together." - overheard from a surface officer explaining to another sailor about Submariners
sub_ETCS_ret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 11:56 AM   #5
SSNYSTR

Drives: Black 2011 Camaro 2SS
What actual function difference does this one have over Vitesse? I'm talking about the upper levels of Vitesse. SP7 and up compared to the sport and sport+ mode on this one.
SSNYSTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 12:00 PM   #6
AndyUK

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
perhaps they could come on to the forum and explain how their device can "Remove Delays"?

from my limited knowledge of signal processing, adding an additional processing unit in to the chain between throttle input and throttle valve opening seems unlikely to actually remove any delay
AndyUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 12:31 PM   #7
YellowL99

Drives: 2014 Yellow L99
ill pull the trigger on one once i see reviews lol
YellowL99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 01:01 PM   #8
LSartore

Drives: ZL1
Hey guys my name is Larry Sartore I am the Sales Manager here at Pedal Commander and Vitalen Auto Performance.....

I am here to answer any questions anyone may have and it looks like we have people that want to see some real life reviews... let me start with those

5.0 out of 5 stars
I use it in Sport Mode on nice clear dry days
By Amazon Customer on April 21, 2016
Verified Purchase
Installed on my 2015 Camaro V6 this week. This is a MUST! I use it in Sport Mode on nice clear dry days. Sport+ is totally CRAZY mode. I will save that for days of spirited driving on back roads. The product removes that lag you have and gives instant Revs without having to stomp on the gas.
Comment 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?
Yes
No

5.0 out of 5 starsLoving this product
By Peanut Butter on May 29, 2016
I have this in my 2015 Camaro SS manual

I see a night and day difference with the pedal commander on I just mainly drive it in city mode and it's just enough added response but when I really need to get going I click it into sport or sport plus which are just amazing
And Eco went you need to roll away quietly
I absolutely love this product and can't get enough of

5.0 out of 5 starsWorks Great!
By Rick M on September 6, 2016
Verified Purchase
Works well once you get it hooked up and get your body out from under the dash, LOL. (I'm 64 years old so it's not as easy as it used to be)

5.0 out of 5 starsFive Stars
By antonio on October 21, 2016
Verified Purchase
You can really see the difference..

I can post a few more links to some other forums but this is most of the Camaro guys reviews.
LSartore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 01:27 PM   #9
SSNYSTR

Drives: Black 2011 Camaro 2SS
What's the difference between this one and Vitesse?
SSNYSTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 02:00 PM   #10
AndyUK

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
Thanks Larry, perhaps you could have a go at answering my question from 2 posts above yours. How does an extra processor in the chain "remove delays"?

From working in industrial automation Ive only ever seen extra processing steps add latency, not remove it so I'm interested to know how your guys have achieved this?

Or is this just a device for people who want less control and have the throttle pedal command 100% with a much smaller movement of the pedal?
AndyUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 02:24 PM   #11
LSartore

Vitesse units are made in China, Pedal Commander is made in Germany.
I'll let the product quality speak for itself there.

Vitesse has 9 different settings, Pedal Commander has 32 settings in its 4 different modes.

Vitesse needs to be programmed after its installed, you have to manually adjust the voltage ratings on the unit by playing with the gas pedal.

Pedal Commander is a simple install & go because we program the unit for you before we ship it.
Old 10-28-2016, 02:27 PM   #12
LSartore

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyUK View Post
Thanks Larry, perhaps you could have a go at answering my question from 2 posts above yours. How does an extra processor in the chain "remove delays"?

From working in industrial automation Ive only ever seen extra processing steps add latency, not remove it so I'm interested to know how your guys have achieved this?

Or is this just a device for people who want less control and have the throttle pedal command 100% with a much smaller movement of the pedal?
Yes Mr Andy - we are changing the Tip in and amplifying the signal...on each program + and - will change the curve on the throttle mapping between 50mv all the way up to 100mv per second on Sport +
I hope that helps answer your question. I really wish you were local to us and I could slap one on your car for you to take it around the block.

Old 10-28-2016, 03:22 PM   #13
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
After I get my car I may be interested in this depending on how much the throttle settings bother me.

I don't mind the "speed" of the throttle as that is all personal opinion, and adjustable on these cars (tour, sport, track) but the tip in delay can be annoying on some electronic throttle cars. If this device will really remove that delay, and NOT cause a CEL like some have been getting with the Vitesse I would be in for one...
Old 11-02-2016, 09:58 AM   #14
bubbajan21

Drives: 2016 2SS
I'm not really looking for a more sensitive throttle pedal, but if I could get rid of the initial tip-in lag I would be all over this. With a 6-speed, it makes it very difficult to get the car going from a stop because I can't predict when the throttle comes in while releasing the clutch. In track mode, I have no problem getting the car going because it is an immediate response.

Does this eliminate that inital lag?
bubbajan21 is offline   Reply With Quote