Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

Phastek Performance

Old 09-28-2020, 09:58 PM   #1079
FollowMyLine
Driver for Hire

Drives: 22 Camaro 2SS 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyRacerBoy View Post
1.25.99 at NJMP Thunderbolt but lap time off my AIM Solo.
I know it doesnt count.
Your AIM Solo absolutely counts! Just need a picture of it. ;-) Nice lap time btw.

All times updated.
YouTube Channel
FollowMyLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 08:06 AM   #1080
FollowMyLine
Driver for Hire

Just a heads up for those that noticed, the thread has not changed owners again. I have simply changed my username. The old one (M0DRN71) was a throwback to when I joined these forums back when I had a Challenger. I figured it was time to update to something more appropriate.
YouTube Channel
Old 09-29-2020, 08:56 AM   #1081
Pcormier66

Drives: 2019 ZLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by FollowMyLine View Post
Can you please provide proof of the lap?
Oops, sorry about that. Will Harry's suffice?
Attached Images

Pcormier66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 09:42 AM   #1082
FollowMyLine
Driver for Hire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pcormier66 View Post
Oops, sorry about that. Will Harry's suffice?
Yes, absolutely!

Updated!
YouTube Channel
Old 09-29-2020, 06:22 PM   #1083
Mountain

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2016 1SS (previous)
Track (which config if applicable) = NCM (full)
Elapsed Time =2:20.06
Camaro Model = 2017 SS 1LE
Date = 27 September 2020
Tires = GY Supercar 3
Mods = track alignment, SS track deflectors, Ferodo DS1.11 pads

So, two things:

1. Wow, did I under-estimate NCM. I was at NCM for the SCCA Time Trial Nationals. I've never been to the track and I wasn't able to partake in the practice sessions. I ended up having to spend most of the event as practice+competition at once. NCM is a pretty damn technical track and luckily I have some good experience with Grattan, Waterford and Mid-Ohio because NCM is very busy with elevation changes, off-/on-camber corners, blind/falling corners and high speeds.
2. Ferodo DS1.11 are fantastic on this car. They just do everything that's needed all around, lap after lap.
Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 11:05 PM   #1084
NickyRacerBoy

Drives: 1LE
Quote:
Yes, absolutely!

Updated!
Here you go!
Attached Images

NickyRacerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 10:01 AM   #1085
FollowMyLine
Driver for Hire

Updated!

Mountain - what did you think of NCM?

weemus, your video link for dominion wasn't working, but I found it on your YouTube channel. Nice run!
YouTube Channel
Old 09-30-2020, 01:28 PM   #1086
Mountain

Quote:
Updated!

Mountain - what did you think of NCM?

weemus, your video link for dominion wasn't working, but I found it on your YouTube channel. Nice run!
It is a pretty challenging track to get into really competitive track times. There are several areas someone really needs to figure out and get very comfortable with before they get into those top lap times you see SS 1LE's capable of running (sub-2:19's). Lots of elevation changes, on-/off-camber changes and falling/blind corners combined with high speed...

Funny thing my buddies and I noticed: the first half of the track is very similar to the second, as far as the very basic layout, just the geographic elements are different.

Personally, I rate NCM as a very technically challenging track, but not really a "fun" track. The reason I say that is, in my opinion, the track has a very "engineered" feel to me (think CoTA). To me, a "fun" track is something like Mid-Ohio, Pitt Race and Road Atlanta. In that, though, I can see how it is a good track for a "nationals" as it is a strong testimate to driver competency.

I've looked at my data and lap videos, and I can clearly see where my lost 5-seconds are. They are all related to being more comfortable to the track and the high-speed, high-commitment technical portions (mostly T5 and T16). It's that extra 2% that holds seconds of reward...

The positive for next year is, I know exactly what is needed to get there.

It was a great event and a nice challenge to be amongst other SS 1LE's in S2, battling it out! I highly suggest others in the community get out to some SCCA Time Trials (I am excited for next years schedule...).

Luan, get your next car and get out there next season!
Old 09-30-2020, 02:07 PM   #1087
Provoste

Drives: E46 S54 race car, 964C2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain View Post
It is a pretty challenging track to get into really competitive track times. There are several areas someone really needs to figure out and get very comfortable with before they get into those top lap times you see SS 1LE's capable of running (sub-2:19's). Lots of elevation changes, on-/off-camber changes and falling/blind corners combined with high speed...

Funny thing my buddies and I noticed: the first half of the track is very similar to the second, as far as the very basic layout, just the geographic elements are different.

Personally, I rate NCM as a very technically challenging track, but not really a "fun" track. The reason I say that is, in my opinion, the track has a very "engineered" feel to me (think CoTA). To me, a "fun" track is something like Mid-Ohio, Pitt Race and Road Atlanta. In that, though, I can see how it is a good track for a "nationals" as it is a strong testimate to driver competency.

I've looked at my data and lap videos, and I can clearly see where my lost 5-seconds are. They are all related to being more comfortable to the track and the high-speed, high-commitment technical portions (mostly T5 and T16). It's that extra 2% that holds seconds of reward...

The positive for next year is, I know exactly what is needed to get there.

It was a great event and a nice challenge to be amongst other SS 1LE's in S2, battling it out! I highly suggest others in the community get out to some SCCA Time Trials (I am excited for next years schedule...).

Luan, get your next car and get out there next season!
Man, did I wish I still had my SS 1LE this past weekend! I watched the live timing on Friday and Sunday to see how everyone ran.

I'm local to NCM, and a driving club member... so I'm obviously biased. Agreed, its very technical, but I have to disagree on it feeling "engineered", it flows beautifully once you get into a rhythm. Agreed on COTA though!

Also, agreed on T5 and T16, though I'd also argue that the run from T10 (hairpin) through T12 (deception) is where people loose a TON of time, ending up 5-7mph slower vmax on the center straight.

Also, I have AIM data files from my 2:13.8 in my old SS 1LE on OE Goodyears for anyone interested in overlaying data.
Provoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 07:33 PM   #1088
driven2exceSS

Drives: 2016 2SS BLK A8 Vert
Track = Thompson Speedway (TNIA)
Elapsed Time= 1:17.99
Camaro Model = 2016 SS (2/Vert)
Date= 9/30/20
Tires= SC3's (20" 285/305)
Mods= Lowered, FE4 Sways, Brake cooling ducts, UDP, CAI, Ported stock TB and IM, E85, Headers, High Flow w/ secondary cat, crush pipe, and AFM valves deleted, some weight reduction, Track Alignment w/camber plates, SRF brake fluid, Hawk 70's...
Attached Images

NPP, MRC, Tinted side & rear reflectors, OEM ZL1 Rockers / 3rd Brake / Darken tail lights, OEM Blk rear splash guards, Satin hood wrap, Fuse pull, Sound tube delete, Cat delete, Ported 95 TB, Ported MSD IM, Dry RotoFab, ARH 1 7/8 headers, E85, "Performance Dyno" Tune, BMR "pieces", "Track" alignment, Hawk DCT-70/70's w/SRF, Goodridge lines, Ti shims, Red powdered calipers, 18" APEX SM-10's w/ Pirelli DH's, FE4 Vert swaybars, Brake cooling ducts, ATI 10% UD, Vorshlag camber plates, OEM 1LE Splitter w/APR Ext., Velossa BIG MOUTH Ram Air, CF QA1, ZLE brakes(F)
driven2exceSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 11:15 PM   #1089
Mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Provoste View Post
Man, did I wish I still had my SS 1LE this past weekend! I watched the live timing on Friday and Sunday to see how everyone ran.

I'm local to NCM, and a driving club member... so I'm obviously biased. Agreed, its very technical, but I have to disagree on it feeling "engineered", it flows beautifully once you get into a rhythm. Agreed on COTA though!

Also, agreed on T5 and T16, though I'd also argue that the run from T10 (hairpin) through T12 (deception) is where people loose a TON of time, ending up 5-7mph slower vmax on the center straight.

Also, I have AIM data files from my 2:13.8 in my old SS 1LE on OE Goodyears for anyone interested in overlaying data.
It would have been very interesting had you been there...

The track sprints certainly helped me in brushing-up on T10-T11-T12. That is an area that is the source of a lot of potential time, too.

Personally, my other big time loss is T1A, which is pretty silly. I am braking a touch too early, which is causing an over-slowed situation going into T1A. I never corrected this throughout the weekend because my mind was constantly so busy thinking about the rest of the track. I remember being in my last few laps thinking, "wait, I'm pretty sure I can brake a touch later here - I think I'm over-slowing the car before the turn." Lol.
Old 10-01-2020, 07:58 AM   #1090
FollowMyLine
Driver for Hire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain View Post
It would have been very interesting had you been there...

The track sprints certainly helped me in brushing-up on T10-T11-T12. That is an area that is the source of a lot of potential time, too.

Personally, my other big time loss is T1A, which is pretty silly. I am braking a touch too early, which is causing an over-slowed situation going into T1A. I never corrected this throughout the weekend because my mind was constantly so busy thinking about the rest of the track. I remember being in my last few laps thinking, "wait, I'm pretty sure I can brake a touch later here - I think I'm over-slowing the car before the turn." Lol.
I really enjoyed the track as well. I only had 2 sessions to get my time in and it was the first time I was there, in someone else's car. Borrowed my friend Myron's car as mine was snowed in from a freak 11" snow fall which had me taking my V6 AWD Challenger on track lol. I've been dying to get back, but it doesn't look like it'll happen in 2021 simply due to timing. Plan is to order a 2021 SS 1LE in February/March and the event I usually go there with is in April (MVP).

We definitely need to get back on track together, had a lot of fun at Mid-Ohio with you!
YouTube Channel
Old 10-01-2020, 07:59 AM   #1091
FollowMyLine
Driver for Hire

All times have been updated.
YouTube Channel
Old 10-01-2020, 09:54 AM   #1092
driven2exceSS

Drives: 2016 2SS BLK A8 Vert
Quote:
Plan is to order a 2021 SS 1LE in February/March and the event I usually go there with is in April (MVP).
That's awesome Luan Dare the question be asked? A10 or M6?? lol
NPP, MRC, Tinted side & rear reflectors, OEM ZL1 Rockers / 3rd Brake / Darken tail lights, OEM Blk rear splash guards, Satin hood wrap, Fuse pull, Sound tube delete, Cat delete, Ported 95 TB, Ported MSD IM, Dry RotoFab, ARH 1 7/8 headers, E85, "Performance Dyno" Tune, BMR "pieces", "Track" alignment, Hawk DCT-70/70's w/SRF, Goodridge lines, Ti shims, Red powdered calipers, 18" APEX SM-10's w/ Pirelli DH's, FE4 Vert swaybars, Brake cooling ducts, ATI 10% UD, Vorshlag camber plates, OEM 1LE Splitter w/APR Ext., Velossa BIG MOUTH Ram Air, CF QA1, ZLE brakes(F)
driven2exceSS is offline   Reply With Quote