Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Thread Closed

Old 05-12-2022, 07:18 PM   #435
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
people used to get their kicks driving a spirited filly or a stallion.where theres a will theres a way...
Old 05-12-2022, 07:19 PM   #436
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyzz Kydd View Post
Every Saturday we road-trip to different shooting competitions. The distance one way varies from 15 miles to 150 miles with 100ish being pretty typical. Hauling three people and all their gear that’s cutting it close. There’s definitely not charging stations at any shooting range I’ve ever been to.

I don’t break 150 to often, but it’s an option that’s there if I want it.
Not a shooting range, but definitely an interesting placement for EV charging (look really close at about 8:00). The “ T” in “Tail” looks more like the Tesla logo than I would have ever imagined.
Attached Images

A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Old 05-12-2022, 08:00 PM   #437
TXCSSU
Account Suspended

Drives: 2022 ZL1 M6/Nissan Leaf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan47717 View Post
I am so bored, I mean really, really, really bored with the idea that some generic EV can win a stoplight to stoplight drag race.

It doesn't take a race track to appreciate a good driver's car. I just took my wife out to lunch on Mt. Lemmon and I had more fun driving that mountain road with a manual transmission/high revving ICE car. Instant torque not required or missed in any way.

You don't have to tell me. Commuting with half the drivers out there texting or driving via some other distraction, there's not an opportunity to truly enjoy the drive. But when I have the time, and the roads aren't filled with moronic drivers, I take out the "more engaging" car.
Old 05-12-2022, 08:04 PM   #438
TXCSSU
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
Not a shooting range, but definitely an interesting placement for EV charging (look really close at about 8:00). The “ T” in “Tail” looks more like the Tesla logo than I would have ever imagined.
Sadly, a lot of jackholes like to vandalize charging stations, so I can see having to hide them from plain sight. From what I've read, some new EVs from Hyundai and Kia can charge up to 80% in 20 minutes. That's rather impressive, especially considering that it's Hyundai/Kia.
Old 05-12-2022, 08:17 PM   #439
5.M0NSTER

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
So I wake up at 4:30am and drive my Camaro to a couple different race tracks 5-6 times a year. 150-200 miles away. Then I track most of the day. 6-8 20min sessions. 2:00 - 2:40 of track time. And then I drive it back home.

It makes for a long and exhausting, but very satisfying day.

When Camaro becomes electric, it turns into another Tesla. And I'm out. Period. It's hard enough to find a fast charger anywhere. Very few race tracks have them. And even if they did, NONE of the current lot EVs are fun by allowing you to slide around in the turns.

Infrastructure is not there. EV tech is not there. No fun choices are available. Power charging them is dirty. EVs make no sense to me at all.

Last edited by 5.M0NSTER; 05-12-2022 at 09:00 PM.
Old 05-12-2022, 08:20 PM   #440
ChevyRules

Drives: 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Quote:
Every Saturday we road-trip to different shooting competitions. The distance one way varies from 15 miles to 150 miles with 100ish being pretty typical. Hauling three people and all their gear that’s cutting it close. There’s definitely not charging stations at any shooting range I’ve ever been to.

I don’t break 150 to often, but it’s an option that’s there if I want it.
The question is are there fast chargers on the route than a charger at the range.

A lot of the long range EV's can make it to the range, but will need a quick stop at a fast charger to get you home( about a 15-20 minute stop).

If there isn't fast chargers along the route, then yeah an EV will be challenging for you with todays reality of EV range and infrastructure.
Old 05-13-2022, 05:44 AM   #441
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyRules View Post
The question is are there fast chargers on the route than a charger at the range.

A lot of the long range EV's can make it to the range, but will need a quick stop at a fast charger to get you home( about a 15-20 minute stop).

If there isn't fast chargers along the route, then yeah an EV will be challenging for you with todays reality of EV range and infrastructure.
. If I have to make an extra stop to charge that just added 15-20 minutes, and that's assuming I can find a fast charger (on my route) and there isn't a line to use it. I could see having to go out of my way, and/or potentially have to wait, turning my two hour drive into three hours or more. No thanks. I like the convenience of driving where I want, when I want, knowing I can gas up pretty much anywhere.

I think of EVs this way: You can masturbate, or have sex with a beautiful woman.

The destination is the same in both cases. In the second case the trip to the destination is a lot more fun.
Old 05-13-2022, 06:42 AM   #442
ChevyRules

Quote:
. If I have to make an extra stop to charge that just added 15-20 minutes, and that's assuming I can find a fast charger (on my route) and there isn't a line to use it. I could see having to go out of my way, and/or potentially have to wait, turning my two hour drive into three hours or more. No thanks. I like the convenience of driving where I want, when I want, knowing I can gas up pretty much anywhere.

I think of EVs this way: You can masturbate, or have sex with a beautiful woman.

The destination is the same in both cases. In the second case the trip to the destination is a lot more fun.
Like I said, a fast charger on your route. Not off the route, not having to go out of your way to get to one.

The infrastructure is not there yet, I know. Hence why I said, if there isn't then yes an EV isn't something in todays cards. My overall point was the charger doesn't have to be at the shooting range.

Like every where I would go with my Model 3, there are superchargers along I-95 at the rest areas. Stop, plug in, go use the restroom and maybe grab coffee/drink, and car has enough charge to get going. Did not have to go out of my way to get to one.
Old 05-13-2022, 07:03 AM   #443
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
For everyone that keeps harping “there is no infrastructure……..”
Attached Images

Old 05-13-2022, 08:24 AM   #444
bigd1276
2017 HyperBlue 2SS

Drives: 2017 HyperBlue Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
For everyone that keeps harping “there is no infrastructure……..”
Apples and bowling balls. Over 100 years and 180 million Americans since then.

2010 IBM 2LT RS......Traded for.....
2012 IBM 2SS RS......Traded for.....
2017 HBM 2SS
Old 05-13-2022, 08:37 AM   #445
TXCSSU
Account Suspended

Quote:

You make it sound as if the infrastructure is never going to be there. It's not as if gas stations were just there when the automobile first hit the scene. Imagine the logistics of delivering fuel to all the little 2-bit towns in a large vehicle every few hours per day to meet demand. Electricity delivery is much more efficient as it can be run through current electric grids. Shifting delivery resources to shoring up the electric grid makes more sense. I figure if you can get 200 miles of range out of a 20 minute stop, that's not too bad, and hell stopping for a nice meal is a nice distraction. The way I see it, it's only going to be a matter of time before someone figures out how to charge these things at much faster speeds. I'll still likely hold onto my gas guzzler, but for everyday commuting, I see nothing wrong with EVs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigd1276 View Post
Apples and bowling balls. Over 100 years and 180 million Americans since then.

How so? 13 years and the infrastructure could handle the influx of automobiles and not horses.

Last edited by TXCSSU; 05-13-2022 at 09:06 AM.
Old 05-13-2022, 09:45 AM   #446
bigd1276
2017 HyperBlue 2SS

Drives: 2017 HyperBlue Camaro 2SS
I would venture to say the number of vehicles on the road today has multiplied expediently, as well as the number of Americans using electricity. We are living in different times. Product shortages, worker shortages, trillion dollar federal deficits. Come on man.

2010 IBM 2LT RS......Traded for.....
2012 IBM 2SS RS......Traded for.....
2017 HBM 2SS
Old 05-13-2022, 10:57 AM   #447
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXCSSU View Post
You make it sound as if the infrastructure is never going to be there. It's not as if gas stations were just there when the automobile first hit the scene. Imagine the logistics of delivering fuel to all the little 2-bit towns in a large vehicle every few hours per day to meet demand. Electricity delivery is much more efficient as it can be run through current electric grids. Shifting delivery resources to shoring up the electric grid makes more sense. I figure if you can get 200 miles of range out of a 20 minute stop, that's not too bad, and hell stopping for a nice meal is a nice distraction. The way I see it, it's only going to be a matter of time before someone figures out how to charge these things at much faster speeds. I'll still likely hold onto my gas guzzler, but for everyday commuting, I see nothing wrong with EVs.

How so? 13 years and the infrastructure could handle the influx of automobiles and not horses.
EVs have become a political question and the answer is therefore in doubt. Not to get into politics, but if there's a change in November, and again two years later, I don't know that the political support for electrification will continue. Absent subsidies will Ford and GM continue their push?

BTW, I see nothing inherently wrong with EVs either. I do have a problem with slapping the Camaro badge, or Mustang, Charger, etc. on an EV.

If the political winds don't change I'll probably go solar, buy two or three Powerwalls from Tesla and pick up an F150 Lightning.
Old 05-13-2022, 11:41 AM   #448
ChevyRules

Quote:
EVs have become a political question and the answer is therefore in doubt. Not to get into politics, but if there's a change in November, and again two years later, I don't know that the political support for electrification will continue. Absent subsidies will Ford and GM continue their push?

BTW, I see nothing inherently wrong with EVs either. I do have a problem with slapping the Camaro badge, or Mustang, Charger, etc. on an EV.

If the political winds don't change I'll probably go solar, buy two or three Powerwalls from Tesla and pick up an F150 Lightning.
You do realize this move to EV started under Trump even when he rolled back the fuel economy regulations? GM and Ford went in this direction on their own.

You act like this all started January 20th, 2021......

People have let the EV transition get political and developed opinions on EV's out of their political beliefs. Instead of working towards solving the issues surrounding EV's, the media, politicians, etc get you spun up like it is being forced down your throat. Tesla has proved viability and the manufactures are following suit.

Closed Thread