Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-26-2022, 10:21 AM   #43
Realist

Drives: No Camaro :(
Honestly with tech now, they can probably mimic automatic transmission V8 sounds. A simple setup under audio controls, if it’s not available they are probably working on it.
Realist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 11:09 AM   #44
Edward Paul

Drives: LT1
Or you can put cards in the spokes
Edward Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 11:34 AM   #45
camguynj

Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 BRM Cammed NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Paul View Post
Or you can put cards in the spokes
Brilliant
camguynj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 01:39 PM   #46
UnknownJinX

Drives: 19 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE Shock
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor5244 View Post
In the case of GM they are going all in on EV so the Corvette will probably the the last ICE based vehicle and you can see they keep going upmarket into exotic territory. Depending on how quickly they can ramp battery production you probably have less than 5 years when it comes to GM.

It is nice to see Nissan and Toyota building sports cars again. Nissan Z twin turbo 400hp with a manual for under $50k. They recently announced a manual transmission for the Toyota/BWM Supra and GR86/BRZ has been refreshed.
If Zupr4 comes with a manual trans, that would be a very tempting choice as long as you can get over the fact that it has a lot of BMW stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapote21 View Post
Maybe its just me. I have an ICE and a Bolt. Only reason we bought Bolt is my wife hates, I mean hates getting gas. I will have a Camaro again in the next year or 2. But we love the EV. I fill up my current ICE car, and it lasts me for 2 months since we drive the Bolt around town. Absolutely love the EV. Love the ICE too. Not sure why its such an issue. But I love not having to pay $5 a gallon of gas to drive around town. If the Camaro goes EV I will certainly look at it and consider it.
This is probably repeated a lot here, but I don't think everyone here necessarily hates EVs themselves; it's the fact how it is essentially being forced on everyone and it is advertised as a magic elixir that will solve all out issues. There is also the assumption that the technical challenges of the batteries are easy or even physically possible to solve. You know what they say about assumptions.

It is a great alternative for sure, but it is unlikely to completely replace ICE. People always say that ICE doesn't have much room to improve, but neither does battery tech, from the looks of it. EVs are old news as well, really. Part of why it was abandoned was because of the lack of good profit margin and oil companies, but part of it was also because of how crap batteries are at energy density. Lithium-ion batteries are about as good as we get before stability and safety become issues. Think about how we just have to wait out a lithium battery fire now. Now imagine a battery that is more likely to burst into flames and is even more uncontrollable when it burns. As far as cost goes, yeah it might come down a bit more, but it looks like that is plateauing as well.

GM Performance Intake and that's it, because driver mods before car mods

Past:
2009 Mazda RX-8 GT M6 Velocity Red Mica (Sold)
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 2LT M7 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat (Flood totaled)
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 02:06 PM   #47
Zr8000

Drives: Chevy Camaro
They want to flip over to ev as fast as possible to make more money. Before to long they will pretty much have one drive line and program it for they need it do for each model. It will save them a ton in manufacturing costs
Zr8000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 02:29 PM   #48
Rob3D

Drives: Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjperformance View Post
Click HERE to hear an electric car drag race...

Thats right...
Motherfu€k I was tappin everywhere looks for the link.
Rob3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 08:38 PM   #49
Alan47717

Drives: 2022 1LT RS 2.0t/6spd
Interesting now to see that EV advertising is starting to include "zero emissions at point of use" verbiage. Maybe the fantasy the EV crowd has trying to sell that it doesn't matter how the electricity is generated is finally starting to crumble.

Wait till it starts to dawn that because renewable energy generation can't increase fast enough we will be burning more coal and natural gas than ever to be able to recharge all of these "zero emissions at point use" vehicles. Polar bears, people living in coastal areas and people depending on drinkable water anywhere lithium is mined are totally f@#k&d.

Lemmings being led over a cliff.
Alan47717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 10:59 PM   #50
The SS Godfather

Drives: 2010 CAMARO RS/SS
I hope this does not mean the "beating heart of America" has a heart murmur ?
I know it is the future unfortunately...... but the naturally aspirated V8 , Superchrged and Turbo preference is our heart and soul !!!
The SS Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 11:11 PM   #51
The SS Godfather

Drives: 2010 CAMARO RS/SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Realist View Post
Honestly with tech now, they can probably mimic automatic transmission V8 sounds. A simple setup under audio controls, if it’s not available they are probably working on it.

Yep !!! look at this... FUNNY THOUGH ...

The SS Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 07:57 AM   #52
snizzle
Recalled user

Drives: '12 Camaro SS, '18 Colorado Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownJinX View Post
IPeople always say that ICE doesn't have much room to improve, but neither does battery tech, from the looks of it.
Maybe solid state battery tech, but that's years away from being years away it seems.

2012 2SS 45th AE LS3 M6

Borla ATAK Catback
Kooks Stepped LT Headers
CAI Intake
Hexvents
VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body
RX Catch Can
Hurst Short Throw Shifter
Pfadt ZL-Spec Stage 3 Suspension
Forgestar F14
Tuned by Frost
snizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 08:58 AM   #53
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
The article says it is a hybrid. I can live with that, as long as there is a gas motor that will continue to make those wonderful exhaust notes. An all electric vette would kill it for me.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 10:28 AM   #54

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
The whole Volt hybrid was cancelled because it was a sales and marketing failure. Hybrids we were told are not in the cards for gm's EV future. Hybrids were supposedly only viable for the island of Japan and the Korean peninsula...lol...Now a hybrid Corvette will be a hit?...lol...I doubt it.

But hey, look out Prius. Here comes Corvette!

Last edited by 90503; 04-27-2022 at 10:39 AM.
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 11:33 AM   #55
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
I found this article interesting. This Vietnamese company is planning to build an EV plant here in the Raleigh area. Wonder how long it will take other manufacturers to adopt this business model? Pay $40-50k for the car and have to lease the battery for $35/mo for 310 miles then $0.11/mile after that or pay $110/mo unlimited use for the base model. Even more for the bigger model. That's not saving me much if anything over an ICE vehicle.

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/2...c-suv-vietnam/

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 12:29 PM   #56
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
The point isn’t to save you anything. The point is to force you out of the gas car and into buying a new electric car. Don’t be surprised if there is talk about increased fees or taxes for those that stick with gas.