Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 06-27-2019, 08:40 PM   #239
oslouie

Drives: 2018 2SS M6 Redline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC View Post
Yes, it dependents on engine, transmission, and mods you may have.

Are the number of outlets more dependent on mods or engine/transmission configuration?

There is always at least one at the outlet (bottom). Where did you see one w/o it?
Quote:
Alain, no need to, those happen to be our customer's most common Mods. Experience shows that the standard configuration of our TB, for any particular engine/transmission combination you may have, works well in combination with those.

If you are tuning when you add those, it will be good you also bring the TB so it is taken into account when tuning.

Thanks,
At which point would you say that the TB would need to be updated, if at all? For example, if I'm bone stock today and decided to go supercharged, would I need to have some kind of work done to it?
oslouie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 06:37 AM   #240
DorkMissile

Drives: 18 1SS 1LE HyperBlue
Quote:

I'm willing to give it a shot if I can find a tuner who wants to work with us. Why not? A perfectly linear response like in the good all times of cables and idle control valves.
Mike - if you want I can put you in touch with a tuner that is very capable and would be the kind of guy to take it on
Old 06-28-2019, 08:36 AM   #241
Z0Tex
@texan.1le

Drives: '18 Camaro 1SS 1LE, PDR
Replaced mine in the parking lot this morning at work. 10 minute job. Letting the car sit with the battery unplugged today so I can do the relearn before I leave and on the 45 minute drive home. Going to be taking the scenic route home along the country roads instead of the interstate. Looking forward to the results!

Old 06-28-2019, 09:19 AM   #242
delongboy

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
Just curious, for those that ordered what's been the turnaround time? I ordered mine Wed morning and haven't received shipping info yet. I'm not complaining, just anxious to get it and wondering how long the typical wait is.
delongboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 09:26 AM   #243
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC

Drives: 2015 Corvette Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by delongboy View Post
Just curious, for those that ordered what's been the turnaround time? I ordered mine Wed morning and haven't received shipping info yet. I'm not complaining, just anxious to get it and wondering how long the typical wait is.
Hello, Delong. Thanks for your order and our apologies for the delay. We have had a very good welcome here at Camaro6 and while we have been able to ship NEW parts on time, we ran out of CORES for exchange orders. Orders for exchanges came in a wave that disrupted the flow of cores (much more out than in, in a very short time).

For you and all others who ordered exchanges during this week, if by the end of the week we do not receive cores, then we'll ship a new unit next Monday at no extra cost to you.

Sincerely,

Last edited by Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC; 06-28-2019 at 09:27 AM. Reason: Added signature
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 09:44 AM   #244
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by oslouie View Post
At which point would you say that the TB would need to be updated, if at all? For example, if I'm bone stock today and decided to go supercharged, would I need to have some kind of work done to it?
Not necessarily, a SC LT1 (similar to LT4) will accept the NA LT1 TB. But, if you want to optimize it, we can convert your NA LT1 TB to an LT4 TB for a $75 fee.

Thanks,
Old 06-28-2019, 10:09 AM   #245
Mighty Mouce
Banned

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Not exactly, but that is the direction we went and took it as close as we could w/o a tune.

The most important thing about why those felt so responsive and intuitive is that the TB bore was straight (cylindrical that is) and those respond naturally fast and linear. The cable and mechanical linkage from the pedal kept it that way.

We can make such TB, but it will need tuning beyond just changing the pedal mapping. And that is a tune I'm not sure can be done. I've asked a few tuners and some think what they need is not accessible to be changed, others think it can be done but have never tried it.

I'm willing to give it a shot if I can find a tuner who wants to work with us. Why not? A perfectly linear response like in the good old times of cables and idle control valves.

Great!!!...please ship me one today COD!!!
Mighty Mouce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 10:32 AM   #246
enzia35

Drives: '16 Garnet Red 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z0Tex View Post
Replaced mine in the parking lot this morning at work. 10 minute job. Letting the car sit with the battery unplugged today so I can do the relearn before I leave and on the 45 minute drive home. Going to be taking the scenic route home along the country roads instead of the interstate. Looking forward to the results!

That's not a bad idea to do it at work. About 8 hours to let the ECM reset.
enzia35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 11:21 AM   #247
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Mike, I guess I should've been clearer with my question on the LT5 throttle body. Will you do a comparison test? Along these lines, are you planning to offer a similar 95 mm throttle body, or perhaps rework an LT5 core sent in?

The reason I'm asking these questions is that your TB as well as your research and design looks very convincing, initial feedback seems overwhelmingly positive, but the product itself is very expensive, and unless there are some quantifiable gains, I won't guinea pig an LT5 to Soler conversion.

Thanks in advance

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 01:24 PM   #248
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
Mike, I guess I should've been clearer with my question on the LT5 throttle body. Will you do a comparison test? Along these lines, are you planning to offer a similar 95 mm throttle body, or perhaps rework an LT5 core sent in?

The reason I'm asking these questions is that your TB as well as your research and design looks very convincing, initial feedback seems overwhelmingly positive, but the product itself is very expensive, and unless there are some quantifiable gains, I won't guinea pig an LT5 to Soler conversion.

Thanks in advance
Sure, I have already logged the stock LT5 performance, just have to find time to crunch the numbers. Will modify it (usually takes a few trials) and log every time until we have something verified we can bring to market. Then we'll send test samples out to members w/ logging capability. There will be plenty of data by the time is out for sale.
Old 06-28-2019, 01:30 PM   #249
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorkMissile View Post
Mike - if you want I can put you in touch with a tuner that is very capable and would be the kind of guy to take it on
Sure, thanks. I prefer someone local but I haven't found the right one yet. I might have to do it long distance.
Old 06-28-2019, 01:41 PM   #250
ctrlz

Drives: 2017 2SS, 50th pkg, M6, MRC, NPP
Quote:
I can tell you that our throttle body p/n 12678223 or 12620263 is used in many GM vehicles and that such throttle response helps w/ fuel economy. That helps to keep parts cost low and meet EPA requirements for the fleet. However, I do not think one size fits all and that a high performance car needs to sacrifice performance for economy.
Mike, I admire the engineering that went into this and your informed responses to questions here!
I have read many of the threads in the Corvette forums, and note the (occasional) claims of improved fuel economy. While reduced pumping losses might give a slight improvement in fuel economy, I can't see it being the 10% some have claimed. I noted you shared that skepticism in some of your comments.
Also, in the above statement, you seem to be saying that the inherent lag in the stock throttle body may be there by design to improve fuel economy. So how does removing a feature designed to improve fuel economy improve fuel economy?
I'm not trying to be a jerk, but just trying to wrap my brain around this apparent contradiction. Thanks.
ctrlz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 03:52 PM   #251
Marco Falcone

Drives: 2018 2SS Convertible MBM/Kal
Just ordered one!

I requested the DELETE all engraving on the outside/inside for warranty issues. Kind of a bummer as it looks great, but my dealership gave me the extended/ultimate warranty on the car for such a deal I took it. (And they have been great to me so far.)

Cannot wait to receive it!

Thank you so much for all the work and open communication!

Lots of exclamation points!
2018 2SS Vert. MBM/Kalahari. MRR FS01’s with 285/305 MPS4S. Black Bow ties, A8, MRC, NPP, 6-piston Brembo’s w/ matching rears, OEM Ground Effects/Splash Guards, 8”/Nav. Borla S-type, Pray IM/TB, RotoFab.

Past DD’s of note:
2013 Caprice PPV. (“Company” car.)
1998 Cadillac STS
1996 Impala SS
1969 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1993 Corvette
1991 Mustang 5.0 LX
1973 Alfa Romeo Spider
1986 Mustang GT T-top
1964 Falcon Sprint Hardtop. (First car, still have the key!)
Marco Falcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 04:58 PM   #252
Grumpy1

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Hyper Blue A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco Falcone View Post
Just ordered one!

I requested the DELETE all engraving on the outside/inside for warranty issues. Kind of a bummer as it looks great, but my dealership gave me the extended/ultimate warranty on the car
Ordered one today too with no marking on the outside. Let the inside alone, figured once you get it off you can tell its been modified anyway.
Grumpy1 is offline   Reply With Quote